YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't "disprove god", . . . so I'm the "idiot".

+13
HappyKweer
TigersEyeDowsing
wmdkitty
ZenYen
Genocon
Ottr
sacrificialgoddess
gillyflower
John T Mainer
allthegoodnamesweretaken
Davelaw
DotNotInOz
DeavonReye
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

I can't "disprove god", . . . so I'm the "idiot". - Page 3 Empty Re: I can't "disprove god", . . . so I'm the "idiot".

Post by DeavonReye Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:46 am

World citizen, you are correct. For a long time I struggled with the "what if I'm wrong" thing. I got to the place where I realized that even if I WERE wrong, the biblical god, spoken of in the bible, is STILL unethical, immoral, and has a low opinion of most of his creation, . . . . and has a SERIOUS anger problem, getting angry at the drop of a hat. Hardly a sign of a perfect being who is omniscient. I began to realize that the deity spoken of in the bible [mostly the Old Testament, but also some in the New] was just as flawed as people . . . . which makes sense because it was people who made this deity up.

I'm not saying there isn't any deities out there, but if the one spoken of in the bible is the absolute truth, then I would have serious issues with it.
DeavonReye
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

I can't "disprove god", . . . so I'm the "idiot". - Page 3 Empty Peace

Post by Vishal Sharma Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:51 pm

Hii,

We humans should make our mind calm...Think less and we should do lot of meditation from 12 AM to 4 AM...<3

Vishal Sharma

http://www.rael.org

Back to top Go down

I can't "disprove god", . . . so I'm the "idiot". - Page 3 Empty Re: I can't "disprove god", . . . so I'm the "idiot".

Post by gillyflower Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:37 pm

Why?

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:11 pm

Yeah... Why? At that time of night I'm sleeping.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John T Mainer Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:18 pm

Meditate when it fits your schedule. Sleep for most of us is the best use of 2400-0400hrs. That being almost all I get, I am unlikely to give them up for meditation, an activity I can do anywhere, at any time, without giving up sleep or disrupting my activities.

Eastern practices are about stillness alone. Western practices, Asatru among them can teach the embrace of stillness and silence, or of the transforming passion, be it rage, love, creativity, or simply the transformative absolute focus that is giving yourself utterly to the struggle.

To be utterly in the moment, to be utterly unshuttered, unfettered, and united in mind, body, and spirit in a single goal that admits no hesitation, no impediment, no limits, is to simply be utterly yourself.

While meditations on stillness can help you passively reach union of your selves, so can the touch of Ansuz, of Wode, of the transforming passion, the storm that is the touch of the wisest, fiercest, most complex of our many gods.

John T Mainer

http://community.bc-freehold.org/news.php

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:52 pm

I've tried that whole "sit quietly and meditate" thing... I got bored.
Somehow, I don't see you, John, as a "sit quietly" kind of guy... or anyone else in here, for that matter. Too much going on between the ears to just sit quietly.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3