YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some people are deluded. . . the "I am Jesus Christ Movie".

+2
Vorrin
DeavonReye
6 posters

Go down

Some people are deluded. . . the "I am Jesus Christ Movie". Empty Some people are deluded. . . the "I am Jesus Christ Movie".

Post by DeavonReye Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:02 pm

I was poking on youtube when I saw one for someone claiming to be Jesus Christ. Here's a link, if you're interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcTlX4XsqUE

This guy is a complete loon. He states that he is Jesus Christ, and that he is going to set up his kingdom here on earth, . . . and advocates the "non-illegal" take down of corporatations and governments that don't follow him. His main focus is getting people to support his plans, financially, of course, . . . and will even give a "free house to those who agree to purchase a certain number of products from a company of theirs, monthly". This guy goes on for 15 nearly 10 minute videos of stuff, so it would be impractical to say all he said, but the best one was for smokers, . . . . Get this, . . . it is hillarious! He spoke of cigarettes that can be purchased, . . that "HE HAS BLESSED", . . . that taste good, etc.

This person is a fraud, obviously. If anyone actually believes this guy, they can only be the most mentally unstable people.

Anyway, just thought I would throw this out there for your amusement.
DeavonReye
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Some people are deluded. . . the "I am Jesus Christ Movie". Empty Re: Some people are deluded. . . the "I am Jesus Christ Movie".

Post by Vorrin Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:02 pm

Not claiming that this guy falls into the same category but many OT prophets did things like eating unmentionable icky things and living in squalid conditions . . pretty much stuff that made them seem insane, however their words are touted as "Sacred".

Yeah this guy is a loon but he's no more or less whacky than your typical southern baptist screaming "God hates [insert liberal group here]"

Also, you'd be shocked at what people are willing to believe, follow or carry out. That Heavens gate dude that told his followers to cut off their testicles and commit suicide . .. yeah no one would follow that whack job .. . . oh wait . . . nm.
Vorrin
Vorrin

Back to top Go down

Some people are deluded. . . the "I am Jesus Christ Movie". Empty Re: Some people are deluded. . . the "I am Jesus Christ Movie".

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:11 pm

People are suckers and will believe anything. ANYTHING. In the words of P.T. Barnum, There's a sucker born every minute. (And in the words of CSI's Grissom, "There's a sucker born every minute...and they all come to Vegas!")

We're all gullible and believe all kinds of untrue things, for our convenience, every day. We can't survive without deluding ourselves. Some people just take it further than others.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:32 pm

My favorite "people will believe anything" moment came when I was talking to our builder and my ring-tailed cat (black tail with white rings around it) sauntered by and he said "look at that cat!" or words to that effect. I joked "She's half raccoon" and his eyes got big and he said "Really?"

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:02 am

LOL. I get agitated at it because I'm gullible/trusting by nature and when I see people like that, it reminds me I've been had too.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:45 am

gillyflower wrote:My favorite "people will believe anything" moment came when I was talking to our builder and my ring-tailed cat (black tail with white rings around it) sauntered by and he said "look at that cat!" or words to that effect. I joked "She's half raccoon" and his eyes got big and he said "Really?"

I'm not so sure that's as gullible as you might think. After all, there are crosses between wolves and dogs which your builder might have known of, so a cross between a cat and a raccoon would be believable.

Now, a cross between a male donkey and a mare, that is really unbelievable! (Until you're shown a mule, that is.) As my dad used to joke, "Somebody had to put him up to it."
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:27 am

Okay, I looked it up online and it seems that some country people tell tall tales about coon cats to their children (usually in New England and in the 1800s but what the heck) so he just might have had the wrong idea about that.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:36 am

First, it was somewhat disconcerting to watch him start this thing off with the Sign of the Cross and its accompanying prayer, "In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen." [emphasis added] Seemed more than a wee bit peculiar at the getgo to be invoking yourself when claiming to be Jesus.

However, I continued watching to the point where he said that he was visited by Jesus and Mary.

Ummm, how do you visit YOURSELF??????

I wonder if he considered that the real Jesus would be rather unlikely to have to read from a script which this guy clearly appeared to be doing.

Hoooo, boyeeee! Definitely a candidate for the butterfly nets.
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:43 am

gillyflower wrote:Okay, I looked it up online and it seems that some country people tell tall tales about coon cats to their children (usually in New England and in the 1800s but what the heck) so he just might have had the wrong idea about that.

Yeah, I'd say that either your idea or mine could explain his reaction. Who knows?
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:48 am

DeavonReye wrote:This guy goes on for 15 nearly 10 minute videos of stuff, so it would be impractical to say all he said, but the best one was for smokers, . . . . Get this, . . . it is hillarious! He spoke of cigarettes that can be purchased, . . that "HE HAS BLESSED", . . . that taste good, etc.

Hey, if those cigs are blessed so that no one smoking them will get emphysema, heart disease or lung cancer, that WOULD be a blessing.

I'll wait for the research studies to confirm this before recommending them to friends who smoke, though. bounce
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:18 am

From his webpage, . . . it LOOKS like he takes plain old cigs, like Maraboro (I know I mispelled that, but I'm not a smoker Some people are deluded. . . the "I am Jesus Christ Movie". Icon_wink ), . . ."blesses them", . . then sells them for a profit. This guy is a freakin' loon, . . . . and those who believe him . . . . are worse! Some people are deluded. . . the "I am Jesus Christ Movie". Icon_lol
DeavonReye
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:29 am

gillyflower wrote:My favorite "people will believe anything" moment came when I was talking to our builder and my ring-tailed cat (black tail with white rings around it) sauntered by and he said "look at that cat!" or words to that effect. I joked "She's half raccoon" and his eyes got big and he said "Really?"

Maine Coon's got their name from the belief they were a cat / raccoon mix.
Davelaw
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:31 pm

Well, little Emily was a small white cat with blue eyes and a striped tail. She doesn't look anything like a raccoon or a Maine Coon. But point taken. In the past (and apparently in the 1990s too) there are people who think that different species can successfully mate.

gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:32 pm

I always hoped Jesus would come back. On youtube.

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:20 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:I always hoped Jesus would come back. On youtube.

Just shows what a cool geek Jesus is, TED. geek

Like yer new avatar. Miss the mooshed-together cats already, though.
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:23 pm

LOL thanks. I miss the cats too- I love that pic so I kept it forever. This one's pretty great though.

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down