YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I grow weary of the single life...

+10
Genocon
Beribee
gillyflower
Vorrin
sacrificialgoddess
TigersEyeDowsing
LeahOne
MaineCaptain
allthegoodnamesweretaken
DeavonReye
14 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

I grow weary of the single life... - Page 2 Empty Re: I grow weary of the single life...

Post by gillyflower Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:13 pm

That would be a deal breaker for sure, TED! Smile

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

I grow weary of the single life... - Page 2 Empty Re: I grow weary of the single life...

Post by Beribee Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:01 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:So, Gilly, I shouldn't open the conversation with "Hi! You look a lot like my ex, who was a real Censored let me tell you, who gave me 16 kids that all still live at home and drive me nuts! Maybe you can sneak over sometime after they're all in bed. Hey, do you have a few bucks I can borrow to cover this?" Laughing

Wow, you learn really quick, TED!!! LOL Hey....can I touch your hair??? he he he..... tongue

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:17 pm

Laughing You should have seen my coworker's face fall. We didn't like each other and I'd just started here, when this very attractive woman just came up to the counter and said "Can I just touch your hair?" to which I said Smile Why...sure.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:18 pm

Poor ole Tiger. That 40 and 50 year old remark really bothers me though. Embarassed

I love long hair. You are lucky you were not around when I was 8 years old. I have two cousins both teenagers at the time I was 8, (very tolerant teenagers) One with long light brown hair and the other with lovely long red (natural red) hair. They could not keep me out of it. I'd walk by, (on purpose) and rustle up their hair

I am a good girl now though.........................hee hee

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:34 pm

Well, TED does have beautiful hair.
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Hahaha. Don't worry MC, I wouldnt' beat you off with a stick. Smile

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:59 pm

Now that just sounds pervy.
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:04 pm

Laughing

To the topic of this thread, I broke down in a moment of weakness and got a Match.com account a few weeks ago. Deavon's experience sounds about right, then again I didn't pay to be able to email anyone. After the first two days I got out of my weak point and thought nah, nobody I want to talk to that bad.

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:15 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:Hahaha. Don't worry MC, I wouldnt' beat you off with a stick. Smile
Why thank you my kind sir Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:16 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:Now that just sounds pervy.
You are a naughty girl Razz

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:33 am

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:Laughing

To the topic of this thread, I broke down in a moment of weakness and got a Match.com account a few weeks ago. Deavon's experience sounds about right, then again I didn't pay to be able to email anyone. After the first two days I got out of my weak point and thought nah, nobody I want to talk to that bad.

I have tried SEVERAL of them. match.com, true.com, singlesnet.com, chemestry.com, pof.com, and even eHarmony.com . . . . . . and have nothing to show for it. I have two on eHarmony who took the "guided communication" to the "open communication", but have not heard anything from them for a week. It makes me really wonder if I really DO have what it takes because of all the dating sites I've been on, all the time, . . . yet nothing of value to show for it. I'm done wasting money for failure. I can get rejected for free anywhere else. Truce
DeavonReye
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:36 am

Maybe your profile and/or communication skills needs some touching up. We can help with that!

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:38 am

I had a friend look at it and she thought it was good. Not sure how help from others would be wise, though. What suggestions would you make (without having seen my profile, of course)?

Here's what I said about myself:

I am basically a nice guy who knows how to treat people that I care about. My friends like who I am, and I am well respected by them. I am looking for someone to become friends with, who may end up on the same page as me, perhaps taking things to other levels in time. I will enjoy spending time with the person I meet, whether it is a night out dining, or at home watching a good movie. I would be interested in going out and doing things, whether enjoying nature, cycling, going to museums, etc, . . . trying new things that she likes, perhaps getting her interested in some of my hobbies as well. Mostly, I'm looking for someone who will eventually be a best friend, because that's the best foundation to have in a relationship.
DeavonReye
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:38 am

Yeah, that's the kind of stuff I tend to put in my online profiles, which bomb. Too soft I suspect. This is just off the top of my head...I think women want a more action-y profile (it seems, along with a hot bod). 'Enjoying nature' (coincindentally the same thing I said) probably isn't butch enough, so maybe 'hiking' or
'kayaking' or something verbally adventuresome in nature is a better option. Like the cycling/hiking thing has potential but probably needs to sound like you already do it, not are looking for someone to do it with. Like, "I enjoy cycling, hiking, and nature, going out to eat, wanna come along?" Also, I'd make it more about 'her' than you. Like, intead of 'trying new things that she likes, perhaps getting her interested in some of my hobbies as well', maybe "I'm always up for learning something new and trying something different. What are you into?" Prompting a question, even on a generic public profile, is more prone to make people want to answer it.

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:47 am

I changed it to this:

I am basically a nice guy who knows how to treat people that I care about. My friends like who I am, and I am well respected by them. I am looking for someone to become friends with, who may end up on the same page as me, perhaps taking things to other levels in time. I am the type of person who would enjoy spending time with the person I met, regardless of what we were doing, whether it is a night out dining, or at home watching a good movie. I enjoy cycling, hiking, and nature, going out to eat, good movies, museums, etc. . . you're more than welcome to join me! ;-) I'm always up for learning something new and trying something different. What are you into? Mostly, I'm looking for someone who will eventually be a best friend, because that's the best foundation to have in a relationship.

Unforutunately, I don't have the "hot bod". I'm not a typical looking guy. I'm short (5'6"), bald, light completed, and probably have too much body hair. Physically, I'm not all that desirable, and that may be where I fail with the "first impressions" that online dating provide. Many overlook me due to the physical, so I'm unable to show them that I know how to treat them well.
DeavonReye
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:03 pm

Eh, around here they like to be pushed and slapped around. Nobody does the 'sutthun' gentlemahn' thing anymore it seems. My manager broke her wrist trying to smash her boyfriend's head in with a hammer while they were fighting. (He lived, they're madly in love.) My best friend likes to get thrown through walls by her husband. Then again, she did run him over in her car last month. *shrug* I don't really know how it works. I do know from most of the girls I'm friends with, nobody likes a 'nice guy' and the first impressions matter so much look-wise. Eh, it's discouraging. But I'm sure there's got to be somebody out there if you're actively looking (and aren't that picky appearance wise).

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:17 pm

What is it Tiger, something in the water??

That is awful.

I like to think I am not the minority, I do like nice guys. Anything else and they can take a hike.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:21 pm

MaineCaptain wrote:What is it Tiger, something in the water??

That is awful.

I like to think I am not the minority, I do like nice guys. Anything else and they can take a hike.

It must be. Razz Then again the women here are pretty butch too. I mean they fight back just as hard.

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:27 pm

I don't fight, never have, never liked it. Not a coward, just hate to fight. Don't even like to be around people who are shouting, I leave.

I know I am dull, but I like peace.

P.S. that does not mean I don't enjoy a reasoned discussion or even a disagreement , sort of an agree to disagree, but no I do not want participate in fighting. These forums are as close as I even want to get to that Wink

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:36 pm

Liar. I know for a fact you like to be tied up and whipped.

Laughing

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Genocon Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:08 pm

Tiger, you need to get out of there.
Genocon
Genocon

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:14 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:Liar. I know for a fact you like to be tied up and whipped.

Laughing
You are so bad. There are no words for how naughty you are Razz

You little beastie NoNo

Laughing

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:27 pm

MaineCaptain wrote:
TigersEyeDowsing wrote:Liar. I know for a fact you like to be tied up and whipped.

Laughing
You are so bad. There are no words for how naughty you are Razz

You little beastie NoNo

Laughing

Rawr. Laughing

Gen: I love the country (and the blue ridge!) and can't be without it, I just don't care for the people it often produces. Neutral

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:37 pm

Weeell, good ideas, MC. However, depending upon just where in southwest Missouri Deavon is, there may not be any colleges nearby and probably squat for adult ed.

When you're not the type to hang out in bars, meeting people in a church is usually the best bet in very small towns (if that's his situation) in the rural areas of the central U.S. Even though I went to the local Methodist church a few times when I was single, it was much too Christian for my tastes with little possibility for dating. The other churches would have been far more offputting to me. No way!

That's why I turned to AOL chatrooms in the mid-90's to meet someone . There you're talking back and forth live and get a sense of who seems to have ideas and a sense of humor similar to yours, not waiting around for someone to send a message the way you do with the dating services.

I do remember one guy, though, a chatroom acquaintance who was a mean-spirited sort that not many people liked but put up with because he was severely disabled, cerebral palsy I think it was, and probably had no social life but online. He asked me to exchange pics once.

After having seen mine, he emailed me that he'd never consider dating me, I wasn't anywhere near good looking enough.

Then, I downloaded his picture. OMG! Let's just say that he'd be as good looking as George Clooney only in his wildest fantasies. I simply burst out laughing at his having told me that I didn't measure up to his requirements. Needless to say, I never mentioned my reaction to him, however, merely thanked him for sending the picture and wished him luck finding a congenial mate someday. Fortunately, my failure to suit apparently kept him from asking what I thought of his looks. It would have been difficult to be tactful.

So I can certainly empathize with your dilemma, Deavon.
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:51 pm

I met my ex online (chat room, like Dot's talking about). Shipped her up from Florida. I don't think I have the energy to date from the web again though.

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next