YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Married longest?

+15
Beribee
LeahOne
TigersEyeDowsing
DotNotInOz
OmarKhayyam
AutumnalTone
allthegoodnamesweretaken
wontgetfooledagain
gillyflower
ItsAllALie
Mintie
John T Mainer
Gorm_Sionnach
MaineCaptain
sacrificialgoddess
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Married longest? - Page 3 Empty Re: Married longest?

Post by ItsAllALie Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:30 am

sacrificialgoddess wrote:
SeventhCrow wrote:

And people wonder why you have relationship problems. Wink

I've figured out my relationship problem. It's women. They're bad for me.

Well, you don't strike me as the type to switch sides, so I guess you have a problem there.

SeventhCrow wrote:Exactly! Tantrum

UM,,,,,BLOW UP DOLL???????? Shuffle
ItsAllALie
ItsAllALie

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnalTone Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:05 pm

The conversation would be better than it was on some of the dates I've been on....
AutumnalTone
AutumnalTone

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:38 pm

SeventhCrow wrote:The conversation would be better than it was on some of the dates I've been on....

Well stop going out with girls who have just taken a bunch of cold medicine!
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnalTone Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:51 pm

What? And have them sneezing on me?!
AutumnalTone
AutumnalTone

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:41 pm

SeventhCrow wrote:THis is my third marriage. Could be I'm a slow learner.

Naw, SC, I'd say it's more like, "Third time's the charm." Clap

But then, that I would undoubtedly has to do with my being married for the third time myself.

:::: tallies up ::::: Let's see. First one was almost 4 years, second a bit over 12. This one will be three years in June, although we probably ought to count the ten years prior that we lived together, so it'd more accurately be 13. (And unromantic though it is, we got married so that I could get out of a job gone sour and have medical insurance. We both were very apprehensive that getting married would ruin a damn' good relationship. So far, so good....cross fingers!)
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:56 pm

wontgetfooledagain wrote:
Well the way I see it, you have two options. 1. Have the ex set you up; she will have your best interests at heart, or 2. Marry Cap! Wink

LOL.. actually my ex has been trying!! LOL.. but something about that just feels weird. affraid

I can top that situation, Won't.

My hubby and I met online. Since he and his then-wife shared a computer, it was one or the other hanging out in the chatroom we all frequented on AOHell.

I was enjoying the fun in the chatroom's "hot tub" one night when his wife IM'd me to say that she thought I'd be an absolutely perfect match for him, that we both had the same quirky sense of humor and that she sensed we'd be terrifically compatible. In fact, if they split up, she'd encourage him to get together with me, she added.

I sat there slackjaw flabbergasted and rather embarrassed as well. I don't recall if I knew at that time that their relationship was on the rocks and probably headed for a divorce, but in any case, it seemed a really bizarre thing to say.

To make a long story shorter, she turned out to be absolutely right. We are incredibly compatible on the important issues and have lots of shared interests besides.

But it was still the weirdest social encounter that I have EVER had.
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:23 pm

SeventhCrow wrote:The conversation would be better than it was on some of the dates I've been on....

Are you kidding? My dates go like this: "CHECK HER PULSE! OH MY GOD, CHECK HER PULSE!"

Blow up dolls don't require expensive food when dining out, or a movie ticket, and will also lay there dead-like afterward. What's to lose?

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnalTone Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:55 pm

Dot: This marriage has gone on longer than the previous two. It's been just over four years, now, so she finally convinced me that she wants to hang around.

TED: I think that being forced to converse with myself on a date would be welcome in some instances. It would also be difficult, as the woman involved would have insisted on interrupting me at some point by actually talking.

ANd the blow up dolls, well, they never contribute to the conversation and that's what I'm looking for on a date, ya know--interaction and conversation and generally good company. So, while the conversation on a date with a blow up doll would be more interesting than with some of the women I've taken out, it would still be rather unsatisfying.

I know not all the good women are taken. Damned if I can find the available ones near me, however.
AutumnalTone
AutumnalTone

Back to top Go down

Post by LeahOne Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:38 pm

The now-wife of one of husband's cousins forced him to wait 20 years before she'd deign to marry him. She figured if they'd been together longer than her parents had been married, then a marriage would probably work.

We've been married for 34.5 years now. Only one child, 19, but we joke we were going for quality not quantity : ))

In husband's family there's a 'trophy' which circulates, 'the golden teacup'. It was given to someone's great-great grandparents on their 50th anniversary and has been making the rounds ever since... DH's two older brothers & wives will only get to keep it for about a year each. Thanks to Cousin S's recalcitrance, we will get to keep it quite a few years: they've actually been together longer than any of the brothers.

PS: The 'golden teacup' isn't actually gold, just gold luster. But it's a fun tradition now firmly into its second century.....

LeahOne

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnalTone Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:30 pm

Well, if that lady hangs around here for twenty years, I might actually think about renewing the vows or something.

Of course, we got hitched at a potluck. We drew names out of a hat to find the folks to stand up with us. I really wanted a best woman but drew a best man, and she got a maid of honor; threw it open to any gender mix and we got the traditional roles--go figure!

The invitation invited folks to a pot luck, with a note at the bottom saying that there was a rumor we'd be getting hitched if she could get a ring through my nose. As we started our processional to the front, I clipped a belly ring into my nose; she didn't see it until we began the ceremony.

And the potluck food was better than that at any catered reception I've ever been to! Some friends brought stuffed grape leaves, which we looooooooove, we had BBQ pork ribs, somebody's present to us was a cake, and so forth.

I wonder if I can round up a suitable potluck, should I try to surprise her with something like that years down the road. And a larger nose ring!
AutumnalTone
AutumnalTone

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:32 pm

That's an awesome story, Crow! I love the nose ring!

Last week my husband and I celebrated our 19th anniversary. It hasn't always been easy, but it has been worth it! He tells everyone that he would marry me all over again....isn't that sweet?

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:41 pm

Thta is sweet Beribee Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnalTone Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:19 am

If he wants another ceremony, get a BIG nose ring for him!
AutumnalTone
AutumnalTone

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolkat Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:34 am

I LOVE you guys! And this is such a nice place to come to. Pigeons

First hubby and I were college sweethearts and married at age 21 and stayed married all through our 20s. We were so young! It was the good ole "Anita Bryant days' Evil or Very Mad .....and, unknown to me, he was very 'conflicted' about his sexual preferences.....and so led 'a secret life' on the side. Juggle By the time he found enough courage to tell me he was 'gay', I knew I already knew it. Shocked I told him I still loved him and that we'd work it out. Hug2 And we did....with some extra 'drama' thrown in. Blow He left. Then he came back. I 'forgave' him......but it hurt like hell to see him trying not to look at other men. Peep Wall (Sing it with me now......If I'd haaad a penis..... ) So I knew I had to leave, just to to keep myself from 'drowning'. Clap Last thing he asked me was, "Can't we just go on like we have been?" I'd realized his 'heart' wasn't fully in our marriage! LMAO! Whether he longed for, men, women or martians.....the result for me was still the same!!! alien

I wasn't going to divorce him, and I wasn't going to ever marry again!!! Hysterical Much later, my friends told me I should get a divorce for legal reasons, so I did, real cheap, no frills. HighFive Thank Goodness there were no kids, only 2 cats, and I got them. Very Happy

to be continued....
Lolkat
Lolkat

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolkat Thu May 07, 2009 10:48 pm

So sorry, i got distracted! Am in second marriage now....for 26 years!!! We met a year before I went to teach in East Africa. I gave him my cats to keep while i was gone.....but he followed me there 4 months later and we got married in St. Margaret's Anglican Church at the foot of Mt. Kilimanjaro....and went on a honeymoon safari. We adopted a cat while living there....and sent her back to the states when we left Africa for India and stops farther East. We circled the globe and got back to the US where all 3 cats were waiting for us at his parent's house. Since parenting cats seemed to work out for us, we adopted a couple of kids too. I met both my husbands at church(!)....I never really went to bars...didn't care for the taste of beer at all. Am planning on keeping Hubby #2 for a while longer.....he only has eyes for me! Bow Yay!!!!
Lolkat
Lolkat

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 Sun May 31, 2009 1:06 am

Very Happy John & I? Well some of you know us! Knew each other and lived together for 4yrs. Legally married for 24yrs. I'm his 3d wife, he's my 2d husband.
5 Children, his 1son, my 1son, our 3 children together, 1daughter sandwiched between 2more sons!
Rolling Eyes I guess I'll keep him, hell I'm too old and set in my ways and too lazy for all the paperwork, and time, and energy. Oh wait, thats what he says! scratch We're both looking for our next spouse, but neither one of us can find our glasses! LMAO!
We have ran the gammant of good times, up times, bad times, and down times. He's French, I'm Italian, sort of like living with DeGaul and Mussolini! We were in marriage counseing way back (7yr itch)...the counselors were a married couple, on our last visit with them we found out THEY were getting a divorce! We looked at each other, we both stood up being sympathetic, and walked out the door. We walked & stared at each other, John put his arm around me and smiled, I hugged him and we both busted out laughing! Around yr. 13 or 15...we went back to counseling had a great marriage counselor from Germany. She was really helping us, listening to us, pushing us to really search our selves. We liked her, she was bringing out our good points. We were working through the bad points. Nothing could stand in our way! We were going to see her 1 last time....and found out she died. We stood there confused! John put his arm around me and smiled, I hugged him and we both shook our heads. He commented "We got to stop all this." I agreed.."Yea, we need to stop, if they ain't running away to divorce court, we're killing em." We busted out laughing! Remember the song by Paul Abdul "Opposites Attrack"? ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbknGnZXHUk
Willowcreek70633
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolkat Sun May 31, 2009 2:26 pm

Hi Willow, I've liked both things I've read by you (so far)! (The other was about the Reiki being banned by the US Bishops.) You sound like a woman with a lot of spunk! I really enjoyed your marriage story. Thanks for sharing and now I'll have to hunt around for some other stuff you've written too. Nice to make your acquaintance. Love and Peace,
Lolkat
Lolkat

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Sun May 31, 2009 4:38 pm

Lolkat wrote:Hi Willow, I've liked both things I've read by you (so far)! (The other was about the Reiki being banned by the US Bishops.) You sound like a woman with a lot of spunk! I really enjoyed your marriage story. Thanks for sharing and now I'll have to hunt around for some other stuff you've written too. Nice to make your acquaintance. Love and Peace,

You probably met her once or twice on B'net, Lolkat.
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by samhain_autumnwood Sun May 31, 2009 6:27 pm

Late to the conversation, but this October will be 19 years.

Funny, it doesn't seem that long. Just seems like yesterday yet I can hardly remember what it was like without her.

Don't want to find out really.
samhain_autumnwood
samhain_autumnwood

http://crazy-jeaux.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 Sun May 31, 2009 7:30 pm

This September will be 21 years for us.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OmarKhayyam Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:42 pm

As the undefeated and still reigning champion I congratulate all you beginners. Laughing

Hang in there. As Val says, "The best is yet to Ah, happen." LoLFlag
OmarKhayyam
OmarKhayyam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:50 pm

Well my friends Omar & Leah have me beat. I'm still a newlywed of 33 years. Actually I consider myself lucky & blessed to be married to my best friend & soulmate. I'm looking forward to spending another 33 years with PB&A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3