YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Married the most # of times

+4
TigersEyeDowsing
gillyflower
DotNotInOz
Sakhaiva
8 posters

Go down

Married the most # of times Empty Married the most # of times

Post by Sakhaiva Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:22 pm

What the heck....

Ok, I've been married (and divorced) 3 (almost 4) times. I've enjoyed a church wedding, a beach wedding and a las vegas 'quickie' (which resulted in my longest, most dearest, relationship)

So...... anyone else in the 'thrice is nice' club?
Sakhaiva
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Married the most # of times Empty Re: Married the most # of times

Post by DotNotInOz Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:46 pm

Yeppers.

Semi-big Catholic wedding for the first, j.p's for the last two.

Did a flip-flop from Hubby #2 who was 12 years older than I to Hubby #3, 18 years younger.

As a cousin of mine said (a bit enviously) not long ago, "When we were kids, I could always count on you to do something surprising."
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:03 pm

Okay, I can't compete with y'all! Three men have asked me to get married but I only married one of them.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:02 pm

Ew, marriage. Peep Wall

Off and runnin'! Hysterical

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:13 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:Ew, marriage. Peep Wall

Off and runnin'! Hysterical

You are a naughty boy. NoNo Cool Wink

Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:22 pm

Sak and Dot, it could be worse. Have either of you seen Big Love?

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:00 pm

Nope....can't even compete! One marriage....19 years and counting! Very Happy

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:24 am

Laughing I'm auditioning for husband #3, while John is taking bids for wife #4!

Oh, its not a grand total? Just tryin to catch up with Liz! Wink

On the other hand, I don't want someone else, John was so easy to train.
And he talks about he doesn't want anything in the house that snores or eats! pig Think he was talking about 4 legged fur friends. I'm not sure, I'll have to ask him! Hysterical
Willowcreek70633
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:49 am

I must say Willow, you and John seem to be a winning team. You are both nutty as fruit cakes Razz

And you are both dear to my heart Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:42 pm

LOL; you guys are crackin me up.

First of all I've gotta slip Dot some skin and do a fist bump. Beer

TED, no, I've not seen the flix ... or is it a show? (I'm looking it up on youtube now ... whatever it is, I'm sure some poor soul took the time to upload it....) You know, for some crazy reason, I really don't feel negative about being thrice married; it's just not a big deal for me. I'm also not tainted against marriage and am sure one day some bloke will come along and the idea of getting married in the forest, or on a boat, or near a volcano will strike my fancy.

Maybe after the kids have grown though.... I sorta don't want to deal with it right now. Also I'm trying to consider my family; my divorces have really been painful for my kin folk and I'd rather not cause more harm

Willow... grand total (LOL!!!) And congrats Beribee ... you're getting close to that 2nd decade mark!
Sakhaiva
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:15 pm

What a Face I'm gonna tell you guys a secret!

The other yr, when I turned the big 5 0, my dear sweet husband (whats his name?), the weekend before my birthday, he showered me with gifts & a trip to New Orleans (visit daughter), party out on the town, danced in the street! We had a blast!
I love you He's soooo cool & dreamy that way!
This guy accomplishes miracles & great feats, because he's full of mystery & surprises, still!
Followin me so far? Check.
Well. My day of birthday arrives, he stands tall, wraps his arms around me, gives me a big kiss, smiles & says.......................................

"Happy Birthday. Ya know kid, I've been thinking, this whole week infact. ....your 50 right?"
I was still star dazed, I said lovingly. Yep, 50!"
He squeezed me tight & continued. "Well, hon, We've been together for over 25yrs!"
l smiled & nodded. "Yep, sure have."
He pulled me close to him, kissed the top of my head, & gave me one of those manly bear hugs & said ever so pridefully!.................
"You know, I've been thinking on this the whole week. Do you realize, you have spent more than 1/2 of your lifetime, with me?"
affraid REALITY HIT ME! I smiled, eased him away & said. "Yea, more than 1/2 of my lifetime?....with you?....yep,....ok....know that you put it that way....(sigh)...John? Thats scary...you know that?"
HE BUSTED OUT LAUGHING!
Hysterical Hysterical

Sheesh Scared
Willowcreek70633
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:35 pm

Big Love was a Mormon HBO drama about a man (Bill Paxton, lmao) married to three wives. I watched a few episodes and when the drama started it was a drama.

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:44 pm

polygamy - oh MAN don't get me started; I'd not be of any use in a pack of women with one man pretending to reign us in. I'd much rather pool my resources with other single moms.

O.T. one amazing and wonderful thing about my YTT was the number of happy and healthy single moms in our group - even the instructor was a single mom to 2 adopted sons ..... great to see the whole 'broken family' myth crumble in the reality of contentment. (Some of my fellow students are now supporting each other by sharing homes and 'co-raising' their kids)
Sakhaiva
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:32 pm

Sakhaiva wrote:

And congrats Beribee ... you're getting close to that 2nd decade mark!

Thanks....I tell him all the time that he never has to worry about losing me 'cuz I've spent all this time breaking him in....I'm not about to start all over! Laughing

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by maya3 Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:18 am

I LOVED big love!

My husband and I have been married for 15 years! Love

Maya
maya3
maya3

Back to top Go down