YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Butch chicks and straight dudes

+12
AutumnalTone
samhain_autumnwood
Sakhaiva
John T Mainer
allthegoodnamesweretaken
itty
MaineCaptain
sacrificialgoddess
gillyflower
wmdkitty
TigersEyeDowsing
Genocon
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Butch chicks and straight dudes - Page 3 Empty Re: Butch chicks and straight dudes

Post by Sakhaiva Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:21 pm

Genocon wrote: ...there's more than one way to be a woman.

There certainly is my friend. Something to raise a glass to

Beer
Sakhaiva
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Butch chicks and straight dudes - Page 3 Empty Re: Butch chicks and straight dudes

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:14 pm

Sakhaiva wrote:
Genocon wrote: ...there's more than one way to be a woman.

There certainly is my friend. Something to raise a glass to

Beer

Every time I think I have being a woman down pat. Evil or Very Mad

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnalTone Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:43 pm

Genocon wrote:Hey straight guys: do you ever find butch women hot?

Sometimes. I find most women don't look very good with short hair, so that alone is enough to put me off. The whole dressing like a man thing sends a strong signal that she's "one of the boys"--and I don't play with boys in that fashion.

That said, my second wife, when I met her, was quite butch. She'd grown up hanging out with the boys and looking like them and she and her ex-husband still owned a farm that she did chores on. She wore no makeup and her smile drew me in when we met; I was quite pleased when she grew her hair out later. (I figure any woman with short hair is lesbian or already an old lady, so I don't pay much attention after seeing that.) She also wore the men's clothes only when she was working in the yard, though she never wore anything really girly.

And my wife now isn't terribly girly, though more so than my ex. None of my wives have worn much makeup, which I suppose speaks to whether or not I care about that. None of them have been horribly helpless about cars or yards or anything else, either, and have all been able to travel and camp without high maintenance issues.

So, I'd say if you want to find men who like girls, it does help to look like a girl, though you certainly don't have to look like a girly-girl. Looking like one of the boys, however, will get you treated like one of the boys--and we don't pitch woo to the boys!
AutumnalTone
AutumnalTone

Back to top Go down

Post by wmdkitty Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:06 am

Now wait just a damn minute!

I keep my mane nice and short for maintenance reasons: I'm lazy, it's thick, and I *like* being able to dry it in ten minutes instead of three fucking days.

Seriously. Three days, when it was all long and "feminine".

I shit you not.

I also like being able to just roll out of bed and *go*, without having to fuss over my mane.

That and short hair on a girl, when done right, is quite attractive!
wmdkitty
wmdkitty

http://itsmyworldcanthasnotyours.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:23 am

Eh, like seventh, I don't give girls with short hair a second glance. I can't find it attractive.

And then also, girls don't give guys with long hair a second glance either! Razz

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wmdkitty Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:29 am

I really don't have the patience to deal with long hair, frills, bows, 'nice' clothes, or makeup. It's a miracle that my family got me to wear a nice dress to my sister's wedding!

I'm not a "girly" girl, and I just want someone who loves me as I am.
wmdkitty
wmdkitty

http://itsmyworldcanthasnotyours.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnalTone Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:49 am

WMDKitty wrote:
That and short hair on a girl, when done right, is quite attractive!

As I said earlier, I don't find that most women look good with short hair. I know I'm not alone in the population of straight males to believe so. It's never a question of whether it's "done right," either--most women just don't look good with short hair, and they certainly don't look like a suitable target for pitching woo, without something else to draw interest. No

And it's not a matter of whether they can love you for who you are. It's a question of whether or not they find you included in their mental set of "possible mates" to think about pursuing the matter further. Straight men don't woo boys, so if you look like one of the boys, you're not going to set off any "pay attention to this!" alarms in their heads.

Now, if you're one of the small minority of women who do look good with short hair, or you otherwise present yourself as a girl, then you're not going to have much trouble finding straight men (well, aside from the regularly scheduled dating woes). Otherwise, it's a more difficult process to register as a possible mate--if you insist on appearing as another man, most straight men aren't going to pay much attention.
AutumnalTone
AutumnalTone

Back to top Go down

Post by samhain_autumnwood Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:11 am

As long as she carries herself with dignity and class and the hairstyle flatters her, I'm cool with that.

I prefer my wife (first, last, and only) with her hair long because it frames her face so beautifully, and more importantly - she likes it that way.

There are some short haircuts that look beautiful on women and some that are hideous.

There's nothing sexier than confidence.
samhain_autumnwood
samhain_autumnwood

http://crazy-jeaux.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:37 am

Siding with Kitty, I usually keep my hair in a nice, tidy and - yes - short do.... a bob.

I love a bob; it's sweet, neat and just a wee bit naughty (like me) and Louise Brooks.....

Butch chicks and straight dudes - Page 3 Louisebrooks

Butch chicks and straight dudes - Page 3 Moz-screenshot
Sakhaiva
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:02 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:

And then also, girls don't give guys with long hair a second glance either! Razz
That is so weird to me, I have been into guys with long hair since I was 6 years old, I don't get it. What could be lovelier the touching beautiful long hair?

Now granted, I am not as obsessed with it as I used to be, but that just does not compute for me. Shocked

All of that only applies to those who keep their hair clean and brushed. I lose interest if it looks like they spend the last year with wild kingdom.........I know I am so superficial Rolling Eyes Razz

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:22 pm

MaineCaptain wrote:
TigersEyeDowsing wrote:

That is so weird to me, I have been into guys with long hair since I was 6 years old, I don't get it. What could be lovelier the touching beautiful long hair?

Now granted, I am not as obsessed with it as I used to be, but that just does not compute for me. Shocked

All of that only applies to those who keep their hair clean and brushed. I lose interest if it looks like they spend the last year with wild kingdom.........I know I am so superficial Rolling Eyes Razz

You see? You guys were meant for each other. Very Happy

I am more capricious with my hair than other women on this board. Right now it is just above my shoulder. But it has been before the last time I got it cut it was all the way down my back. Partly it is just my mood when I walk into the hairdresser, but partly it is my relationship with my hair dresser itself. Most of the time when I go to see her, I tell her to have fun, and I never know what I am going to end up with. The only rule is my hair has to remain a color found in nature. I do work for a newspaper, after all!
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:27 pm

I let my hairdresser do whatever she wants with my hair, too! Unfortunately, I have excessively curly, unruly hair....so there's only so much she can do! When my kids were little, my hair was almost down to my waist....now it's above my shoulders.

I agree with MC.....I love men with long hair!

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:11 am

I am another that let's my hairdresser have a free rein. She is wonderful and has done my hair for years. It's never the same cut twice. My hair is shoulder length now and it's getting a little hot now that it is summer.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:45 am

I am glad I am not the only one. My husband thinks I'm insane to have that much trust in her!
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:10 am

sacrificialgoddess wrote:

You see? You guys were meant for each other. Very Happy
You are a goof too ((((SG))))

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:17 pm

I just want my sexy brother and beautiful sister to get a happy ever after! Very Happy
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:31 pm

I knew there was a reason you are so special to me (((((((SG)))))))) you are such a sweet lady

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:10 pm

I think we need a thread about how single people can have happy ever afters, too. Hippie

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:13 pm

gillyflower wrote:I think we need a thread about how single people can have happy ever afters, too. Hippie

We can? Laughing

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:27 pm

Isn't being single the definition of happy ever after?

jocolor
allthegoodnamesweretaken
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:07 pm

LOL Yes, well, sometimes it sure is!

gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:37 pm

Perhaps, but you don't get people ending up single in fairy tales. They always end up married.

Or dead.
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:47 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:Perhaps, but you don't get people ending up single in fairy tales. They always end up married.

Or dead.

Same thing.

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AutumnalTone Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:56 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:
sacrificialgoddess wrote:Perhaps, but you don't get people ending up single in fairy tales. They always end up married.

Or dead.

Same thing.

Ba-Dum-Pa! LoLFlag
AutumnalTone
AutumnalTone

Back to top Go down

Post by maya3 Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:19 pm

Beer
Cheers to you men who appreciate a woman who dares to be herself can pee in the woods and does not wear make up!

See I KNEW it, I knew that lots of men don't go for that girly, girly stuff. Thank you!! Smile

I never wear make up, never not even on fancy parties like my own wedding. I don't like it and I don't think it looks very good. I don't shave my legs. I'm also as straight as you can get.
And yes I pee in the woods all the time. (actually I've peed in more places than the woods, if I have to pee I have to pee, I would never hold it just because there is no place to pee. I mean come on? What man would hold his pee for hours and hours because there is no toilet??

Maya
maya3
maya3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next