YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Butch chicks and straight dudes

+12
AutumnalTone
samhain_autumnwood
Sakhaiva
John T Mainer
allthegoodnamesweretaken
itty
MaineCaptain
sacrificialgoddess
gillyflower
wmdkitty
TigersEyeDowsing
Genocon
16 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Butch chicks and straight dudes - Page 2 Empty Re: Butch chicks and straight dudes

Post by MaineCaptain Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:08 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:You gotta love them, right cap?

They are so silly!!
Yes we do and yes they are Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Butch chicks and straight dudes - Page 2 Empty Re: Butch chicks and straight dudes

Post by Genocon Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:04 pm

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:I will say that from my point of view, there is really nothing hotter than a woman who can be butch, and still come off as feminine.

What, to you, is "feminine" though?

I think the character that best shows this would be Kate on Lost.

She's very traditionally feminine looking, though. Just to be clear, I'm talking solely about looks, not personality or interest. When it comes to the latter two, I'm a pretty dorky guy. Very Happy

Sakhaiva wrote:
Well Geno, my first response to your op is to suggest that you ignore whatever your ex shared with you (especially if you didn't ask his opinion first)

Oh, I am ignoring it. Ex is a she, btw... I guess that's what you call internalized sexism. But it did make me wonder. I know how well society often succeeds at convincing people they want things they may otherwise not (otherwise advertising wouldn't exist). I see the kinds of women that are plastered on every magazine cover, and all of the leading ladies in movies and TV. I know that for every Ellen in the media there are ten thousand Angelinas.

Butch can be funny, but it still isn't beautiful. But that doesn't stop us from trying.
Genocon
Genocon

Back to top Go down

Post by samhain_autumnwood Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:30 pm

Genocon,

"Butch" to some folks is simply "not wearing high heels". It is a subjective label used to devalue someone.

If you feel beautiful, then you are beautiful. There is nothing sexier than self-confidence. (ok, ok, self confidence with a teddy is a close second, but I'm a male. We're simple creatures)

Your ex's comments are a reflection on her state of mind and not your beauty.

I'll tell you like I've taught my daughter. The pictures in the magazine are not real. They are airbrushed images that appeal to the people publishing the magazine. I don't find them appealing. My daughter has looked at some of the pictures in the grocery aisle and said "somebody needs to give her a sandwich".

I'm so proud of her.
samhain_autumnwood
samhain_autumnwood

http://crazy-jeaux.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by wmdkitty Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:50 am

Kids say the most profound things sometimes... and they're so damn *cute* when they do it!
wmdkitty
wmdkitty

http://itsmyworldcanthasnotyours.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by itty Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:48 am

You know some of the most feminine women I have ever met or slobbered over were stone butch. I think that's me though.

I have met women that, at thirty paces, you think you're seeing a man. Then with a wiggle in the walk, a turn of the head or a flip of the wrist those 'mannish' women metamorphse into beautiful, gorgeous and completely feminine women.

For me it isn't the clothes, make up, or hair style that say femininity. It is the grace and power of a woman who lives in her body, knows what that grace and power are about then projects it.

Again, I am an odd ball here. I got raised, so to speak, by very butch women who were quite free, graceful and powerful in their female bodies. Women who are comfortable in thier skins are the ones that trun my head and make my jaw drop to the floor. These are women's women. They revel in their femininity in a way that shout's here is another way to be a woman.
itty
itty

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:52 am

Itty, you know how to make it sound glorious to be a female. Very Happy

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:58 am

Genocon wrote:
allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:I will say that from my point of view, there is really nothing hotter than a woman who can be butch, and still come off as feminine.

What, to you, is "feminine" though?

I think the character that best shows this would be Kate on Lost.

She's very traditionally feminine looking, though. Just to be clear, I'm talking solely about looks, not personality or interest. When it comes to the latter two, I'm a pretty dorky guy. Very Happy

This is more complicated than I was thinking it would be.

Evangeline Lilly is feminine, Kate is a little more butch. The character of Kate on lost is often dirty, wearing dirty cloths, running around in the jungle, and most importantly, not worrying about what it is doing to her hair.

Even thought she cleans up ok, I wouldn't consider this

Butch chicks and straight dudes - Page 2 2150694213_434ef138f9
F.decorate(_ge('photo_notes'), F._photo_notes).notes_go_go_go(2150694213, 'http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2274/2150694213_434ef138f9_t.jpg', '3.1444');

season 4 promotional pic

To be as feminine as this...

Butch chicks and straight dudes - Page 2 Scarlett_johansson

Evangeline is definitely a bit more of a "boyish" build.

Not that I'd kick Scarlett out of bed for snoring either.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:58 am

Picture of Kate that should have been in last post

F.decorate(_ge('photo_notes'), F._photo_notes).notes_go_go_go(2150694213, 'http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2274/2150694213_434ef138f9_t.jpg', '3.1444');

season 4 promotional pic
allthegoodnamesweretaken
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:59 am

Hmmm, maybe that picture doesn't come up. It is here, by the way.....

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2274/2150694213_434ef138f9.jpg
allthegoodnamesweretaken
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:10 pm

That is not quite what I was envisioning as butch, she looks feminine to me Very Happy

Last edited by MaineCaptain on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:17 pm

For TV she's butch.

How's this?

Butch chicks and straight dudes - Page 2 1068
allthegoodnamesweretaken
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:19 pm

Much better Razz

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:22 pm

Just for the record, this is too much

Butch chicks and straight dudes - Page 2 Moz-screenshot-4Butch chicks and straight dudes - Page 2 2637se3
allthegoodnamesweretaken
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:23 pm

I can't even look at that, no offense but at that point I can't look at men or women it is (to put it politely) unpleasant for me, yuck

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:24 pm

For me I like moderation, For both sexes, Not to fem, not to masculine, just a nice balance.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:25 pm

Yeah, that's where it becomes grotesque.
allthegoodnamesweretaken
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:36 pm

Now this is just hot

Butch chicks and straight dudes - Page 2 Celebrity-pictures-kari-byron-jamie-raise
allthegoodnamesweretaken
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by John T Mainer Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:52 pm

A woman with defined muscles competently handling a sniper rifle is just damned sexy. Weapon on safe, muzzle controlled, finger out of trigger guard and in comfortable carry........ yup works for me. And for the record, I was just READING the shirt Razz. If I asked if she was wearing work boots, would that sound like a fetish?

John T Mainer

http://community.bc-freehold.org/news.php

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:07 pm

Ya know, I bet she is wearing the boots too.

It's Kari Byron from Mythbusters. I think I've seen her in boots before.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:02 pm

Genocon wrote:

Sakhaiva wrote:
Well Geno, my first response to your op is to suggest that you ignore whatever your ex shared with you (especially if you didn't ask his opinion first)

Oh, I am ignoring it. Ex is a she, btw... I guess that's what you call internalized sexism. But it did make me wonder. I know how well society often succeeds at convincing people they want things they may otherwise not (otherwise advertising wouldn't exist). I see the kinds of women that are plastered on every magazine cover, and all of the leading ladies in movies and TV. I know that for every Ellen in the media there are ten thousand Angelinas.

Butch can be funny, but it still isn't beautiful. But that doesn't stop us from trying.

Oh I'm sorry Genocon ... you see how easy it is to make assumptions Embarassed

Odd, as a gal I hiked with was talking about her ex (also a woman... who was still married btw) ... my friend shared that received a LOT of pressure from her ex demanding that she lose weight, dress a certain way, fix her hair.... get WAXED (which was taking it way tooooo far imho) and the crazy think is that the woman talking with me was really pretty. She wore no make up, had basic hair, jeans and an old t-shirt... and she was a big strong gal... but she was very beautiful and just looked healthy to me.

You are right re: the images shoved down our throats... for every Ellen there really are ten thousand Angelinas.
Sakhaiva
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:11 pm

I'll take an Ellen. Or an Angelina. But don't expect me to keep Angelina wanting all those rugrats.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:37 pm

Yes the young women from Mythbuster is quite attractive and very capable. Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:58 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:I'll take an Ellen. Or an Angelina. But don't expect me to keep Angelina wanting all those rugrats.

But I thought you promised me a baby? Laughing
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:10 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:
TigersEyeDowsing wrote:I'll take an Ellen. Or an Angelina. But don't expect me to keep Angelina wanting all those rugrats.

But I thought you promised me a baby? Laughing

Yeah but you're special! Very Happy

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Genocon Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:17 pm

Sakhaiva wrote:

Oh I'm sorry Genocon ... you see how easy it is to make assumptions Embarassed

'sokay. Very Happy

Odd, as a gal I hiked with was talking about her ex (also a woman... who was still married btw) ... my friend shared that received a LOT of pressure from her ex demanding that she lose weight, dress a certain way, fix her hair.... get WAXED (which was taking it way tooooo far imho) and the crazy think is that the woman talking with me was really pretty. She wore no make up, had basic hair, jeans and an old t-shirt... and she was a big strong gal... but she was very beautiful and just looked healthy to me.

Yeah, women really are much, much more critical about female appearance, both their own and other females', than men. It's other women who give me crap about not shaving my legs, not wearing makeup, etc. Hell, not even the gay guys I know give a crap, or at least don't care enough to say anything.

You are right re: the images shoved down our throats... for every Ellen there really are ten thousand Angelinas.

And even the other Ellens on TV usually look like Angelinas. That's why I could never get into "The L Word." It's about lesbians, but they're all super-femme ones. Even the relatively butch ones are still more femme than anything. God knows I love femmes but there's more than one way to be a woman.
Genocon
Genocon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next