YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The religions of our fathers

2 posters

Go down

The religions of our fathers Empty The religions of our fathers

Post by Teka Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:20 pm

My father converted to Catholicism when I did at the age of 9 for me, 69 for him. I'm guessing he was told that he needed to take responsibility for me being a good Catholic. My chief influence was being in Catholic boarding schools from the age of five. I don't recall him exerting any influence on me except taking me to Mass Sundays when I was visiting him.

Many, many years later I was reminded of this when a fundy girl friend told me that her husband would have to answer before God for the way the children turned out. (A biblical thing) Very interesting. LOL I hope all those long walks across Odessa in the cold winter holding my hand have paid off for him in the afterlife. The only day of the week I wore a dress and my legs got cold on those walks. He told me it was one of the unavoidable problems of girls. My leather soled patent leather shoes once slipped crossing the railroad tracks. He caught me, because he never let go of my hand until we were on paved sidewalks. He was really tall, he always lifted his hat to ladies and made me walk on the side away from the street. Thanks Dad.

In the now my oldest son sent me an email from Manila to say I am a grandmother. Now begins his challenge of fatherhood. He is New Thought and there are no Unity or other like churches there. He told me his wife was also a student Unity. So he is here, a tiny sleeping Buddha. Makes me wonder.

Teka

Back to top Go down

The religions of our fathers Empty Re: The religions of our fathers

Post by sacrificialgoddess Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:16 pm

Have you met his wife?
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Teka Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:18 pm

I have not met his wife Michelle. But he has shown me a lot of pictures. She is a lovely woman of Chinese descent. He has kept his distance from the family for about 35 years and we seldom hear from him or see him. He reestablished contact by coming to my death bed recently. Otherwise I would have no idea of his marriage and my grandchild. The only one as it happens.

I released him to God's care long ago and I do not worry or think about him in the worried way I did at one time. It was very nice to see and visit with him, but I do not plan to see him again. If it happens it will be a pleasure. If not he has my blessings.

I never thought I would have any grandchildren so this is a pleasant surprise. All my children think a grandchild is a reason to for me to live. Interesting. I can't follow the logic.

Teka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down