YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My First Fathers Day (random scribblings)

+8
LeahOne
samhain_autumnwood
tmarie64
sacrificialgoddess
Sakhaiva
gillyflower
allthegoodnamesweretaken
Vorrin
12 posters

Go down

My First Fathers Day (random scribblings) Empty My First Fathers Day (random scribblings)

Post by Vorrin Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:35 pm

Yesterday was my first Fathers Day.

I am a new dad of 3 months. My children are 20,15 and 10. My new daughters (15 and 10) and I have adopted each other, but yesterday they shocked me.

I always wanted to be a dad. I always thought I would be really good at it. But Alas, It was never to be. I never was in a releationship where children were an option or physically possible. But now I am a dad.

I am 45 and a new dad. Yeterday morning I was in bed and the little one brought me a card and a bag full of stuff. And wished me a happy fathers day. I lost it. It was emotional for me to finally have the thing that I always wanted. To be a dad. I never expected that they would do anything for me on fathers day, but they suprosed me and shocked me. I also recieved cards from my newish girlfriend (of 4 months) telling me what a wonderful dad I have been to the girls. I was always cautious about how to be a good dad, how to not screw up little hungry minds and breakable little hearts.All i knew, was to love them unconditionally. To protect them even if they would hate me for it. It seems to be working.

In the afternoon the older girl (to whom I have a special bond) gave me a hand made card with a letter that stole my heart and a hand drawn picture of a cool guitar. Simple little things that meant more than life to me.

Yesterday was my first fathers day. Yesterday was the best day of my life.
Vorrin
Vorrin

Back to top Go down

My First Fathers Day (random scribblings) Empty Re: My First Fathers Day (random scribblings)

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:39 pm

Clap
allthegoodnamesweretaken
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

My First Fathers Day (random scribblings) Empty Re: My First Fathers Day (random scribblings)

Post by gillyflower Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:26 pm

Oh, you made me cry! I'm so glad that you had that experience, Vorrin. Thank you for being a good man and a good dad to those children. Smile

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:37 pm

((((Vorrin))))

There is something magical about being a guardian of little ones. Happy fathers day.
Sakhaiva
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:19 pm

((((Vorrin))))

Happy Father's Day
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:52 pm

It's wonderful that these kids took you into their hearts so quickly!
They sound like wonderful loving people. Their mom must be one terrific person, it's hard to raise kind and loving children.
Congratulations, Dad! Glad it was a good day for you.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by samhain_autumnwood Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:10 pm

Welcome to the club Vorrin.

Happy belated Father's Day!

If anyone had told me that being a dad was this much fun, I wouldn't have believed them...
samhain_autumnwood
samhain_autumnwood

http://crazy-jeaux.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LeahOne Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:16 pm

(((((((((((((((((((Vorrin)))))))))))))))))))), some fellows are 'naturals' - looks like you be one of those!

LeahOne

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:17 pm

(((((((((((((((((((Vorin))))))))))))) Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:33 pm

Awh. I had missed this earlier. That's so sweet.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:43 pm

That's really awesome, Vorrin....congrats!

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by Teka Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:12 pm

I missed this too and I am touched. When men know how to be with children especially daughters they can't imagine how much it means and what a life time impression they are making.

One of my stepfather's got me involved in just about everything he fixed or made. He let me use his tools to build myself a raft and then hauled it to the river for me to try out. It was quite a design but it sunk with my weight. He suggested we let a little boy who was watching try it and then we gave it to him. He said on the way home we had probably made that little Mexican boy's day and I could make another. He gave me the encyclopedia at home to read about displacement. I have fond thoughts of him to this day.

May you enjoy the lofty status of Dad and always make life interesting for your charges.

Teka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down