YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The message of love and truth of Meher Baba, God in human form

+4
tmarie64
allthegoodnamesweretaken
Gorm_Sionnach
stephenchurch
8 posters

Go down

The message of love and truth of Meher Baba, God in human form Empty The message of love and truth of Meher Baba, God in human form

Post by stephenchurch Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:31 pm

Meher Baba has helped me more than words can tell and I believe in him with all of my heart, so I want to spread his message of love and truth as much as possible. Meher Baba dictated that "Now is the time for all to understand that I am God in human form" and that his Universal Message should be spread "far and wide" and given "to all, irrespective of whether one believes in me or not". It is copyrighted © by the Avatar Meher Baba Perpetual Public Charitable Trust and reproduced by permission of the Trust.

The "Universal Message" of Meher Baba

I have come not to teach but to awaken. Understand therefore that I lay down no precepts.

Throughout eternity I have laid down principles and precepts, but mankind has ignored them. Man's inability to live God's words makes the Avatar's teaching a mockery. Instead of practicing the compassion he taught, man has waged crusades in his name. Instead of living the humility, purity and truth of his words, man has given way to hatred, greed and violence.

Because man has been deaf to the principles and precepts laid down by God in the past, in this present Avataric Form I observe Silence. You have asked for and been given enough words — it is now time to live them.

To get nearer and nearer to God you have to get further and further away from "I," "Me," and "Mine." You have not to renounce anything but your own self. It is as simple as that, though found to be almost impossible. It is possible for you to renounce your limited self by my Grace. I have come to release that Grace.

I repeat, I lay down no precepts. When I release the tide of Truth which I have come to give, men's daily lives will be the living precept. The words I have not spoken will come to life in them.

I veil myself from man by his own curtain of ignorance, and manifest my Glory to a few. My present Avataric Form is the last Incarnation of this cycle of time, hence my Manifestation will be the greatest. When I break my Silence, the impact of my Love will be universal and all life in creation will know, feel and receive of it. It will help every individual to break himself free from his bondage in his own way. I am the Divine Beloved who loves you more than you can ever love yourself. The breaking of my Silence will help you to help yourself in knowing your real Self.

All this world confusion and chaos was inevitable and no one is to blame. What had to happen has happened; and what has to happen will happen. There was and is no way out except through my coming in your midst. I had to come, and I have come. I am the Ancient One.

stephenchurch

Back to top Go down

The message of love and truth of Meher Baba, God in human form Empty Re: The message of love and truth of Meher Baba, God in human form

Post by Gorm_Sionnach Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:27 pm

stephenchurch wrote:Meher Baba has helped me more than words can tell and I believe in him with all of my heart, so I want to spread his message of love and truth as much as possible. Meher Baba dictated that "Now is the time for all to understand that I am God in human form" and that his Universal Message should be spread "far and wide" and given "to all, irrespective of whether one believes in me or not". It is copyrighted © by the Avatar Meher Baba Perpetual Public Charitable Trust and reproduced by permission of the Trust.

Sigh...

The "Universal Message" of Meher Baba

I have come not to teach but to awaken. Understand therefore that I lay down no precepts.

Why do I have the feeling that many of these "non-precepts" are to follow?

Throughout eternity I have laid down principles and precepts, but mankind has ignored them. Man's inability to live God's words makes the Avatar's teaching a mockery. Instead of practicing the compassion he taught, man has waged crusades in his name. Instead of living the humility, purity and truth of his words, man has given way to hatred, greed and violence.

What is your source for "God's words"? Which god are you speaking about?

Because man has been deaf to the principles and precepts laid down by God in the past, in this present Avataric Form I observe Silence. You have asked for and been given enough words — it is now time to live them.

I really do wish you would observe actual silence, by not "saying" anything; instead I'm treated to pretend silence. Also, being told that there are enough words to live by, is in itself non-precept #1.

To get nearer and nearer to God you have to get further and further away from "I," "Me," and "Mine." You have not to renounce anything but your own self. It is as simple as that, though found to be almost impossible. It is possible for you to renounce your limited self by my Grace. I have come to release that Grace.

I count two more non-precepts, so that brings our running total to 3. Also, how can there be a "you", refering to "me", if I am supposed to renounce the very idea of "me"? If "I" can not be "me", then "who" are you even talking to?

I repeat, I lay down no precepts. When I release the tide of Truth which I have come to give, men's daily lives will be the living precept. The words I have not spoken will come to life in them.

Again, you have lain down at least 3 distinct precepts already. Let me see if I understand what it is you are saying: you are not laying down precepts (3 so far) for "me" to follow, except that "I" doesn't actually exist, and then "I" which doesn't actually exist will learn these non-precepts by listening to the words you are not speaking. Is this proselytizing or a Zen monk trolling?

I veil myself from man by his own curtain of ignorance, and manifest my Glory to a few. My present Avataric Form is the last Incarnation of this cycle of time, hence my Manifestation will be the greatest. When I break my Silence, the impact of my Love will be universal and all life in creation will know, feel and receive of it. It will help every individual to break himself free from his bondage in his own way. I am the Divine Beloved who loves you more than you can ever love yourself. The breaking of my Silence will help you to help yourself in knowing your real Self.

So you love "me" more than "I" love "me", even though there isn't really a "me" to love at all? I just got it, this is supposed to be a schizophrenic dialouge between a deity and one of his other personalities.

All this world confusion and chaos was inevitable and no one is to blame. What had to happen has happened; and what has to happen will happen. There was and is no way out except through my coming in your midst. I had to come, and I have come. I am the Ancient One.

Hold the phone; you have spent the better part of your diatribe lambasting humanity for its wickedness, and inability to follow the previous precepts you have provided. You then finish said diatribe by stating that no one is to blame, despite overtly blaming humans for not following your precepts and that humans had absolutely no agency to have altered any of the things you were lambasting them for? Well, as nonsensical as your statements have been, at least now I know what god you're suppsoed to be.

Coffee Three Shouts on a Hilltop
Gorm_Sionnach
Gorm_Sionnach

http://threeshoutsonahilltop.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

The message of love and truth of Meher Baba, God in human form Empty Re: The message of love and truth of Meher Baba, God in human form

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:03 pm

I wonder if "Silence" is to silence like "Truth" is to truth?
allthegoodnamesweretaken
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:00 pm

~sigh~ I'm so glad Gorm got here first. Saves me the trouble of reading the original post. LOL I can read Gorm's reply and gather all I'll ever need to know.

And, I'm sorry, but I will NEVER be able to take anyone called "Baba" seriously. I see that and think about Marti, my oldest running around the house in nothing but a diaper (could NOT keep that kid in clothes) yelling for her "baba".

I will be interested, however, to see if he replies to anything Gorm said.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorm_Sionnach Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:44 pm

First post being a copy-paste job (to the effect he even left the copyright symbol in), I doubt we will be graced with this fellows prescence again. I'd be interested in his defense of his prophet, though, so maybe my doubts will be unfounded.

Coffee Three Shouts on a Hilltop
Gorm_Sionnach
Gorm_Sionnach

http://threeshoutsonahilltop.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:57 pm

Well, Tmarie, there is Baba Yaga. You could certainly take her seriously.

http://hazel.forest.net/whootie/stories/baba_yaga_russia.html

Oh, yeah. I had a question. What god were we talking about, again?

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:21 am

Oh Gorm you are wonderful Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:11 am

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:I wonder if "Silence" is to silence like "Truth" is to truth?

Take a good long look, All, and try not to forget. You might want to carry a sharpie, so you can make a mark everytime you see one. They are good at making you forget that you ever saw them. This is a Silence:

The message of love and truth of Meher Baba, God in human form Dw1

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:30 am

That was pretty creepy, huh?
allthegoodnamesweretaken
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by John T Mainer Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:54 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:Well, Tmarie, there is Baba Yaga. You could certainly take her seriously.

http://hazel.forest.net/whootie/stories/baba_yaga_russia.html

Oh, yeah. I had a question. What god were we talking about, again?

Ah Baba Yaga, one of the most dangerous women in the folklore. She featured in one of my stories
http://www.odins-gift.com/poth/2stories/thesnowprincess.htm

Somehow I still think Baba Yaga would have something more interesting and useful to say.

John T Mainer

http://community.bc-freehold.org/news.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:31 pm

I, too, am very glad Gorm got here first to save me the effort of reading the entire original post! ((((Gorm))))

Looks like another drive-by poster! Rolling Eyes

And, SG, if I have nightmares about a Silence, it's all your fault! affraid

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:41 pm

Very Happy

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down