YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice from a newlywed

Go down

Advice from a newlywed Empty Advice from a newlywed

Post by Guest Mon May 27, 2013 1:15 pm

Nah, I'm not a newlywed. Come August PB&A & I will be celebrating our 37th wedding anniversary. So I do have a little advice to give others.
1. Remember that your spouse should also be your best friend & soulmate.
2. After the first few years & the majic has seemed to have gone out, it hasn't. It just has taken on a new meaning.
3.There wil always be times of disagreements no matter how long you're married.
4. Never be afraid to seek counseling. It can work wonders on you & your spouse.
5. After the kids have left to start their own lives is a time for you to try to plan your lives as a couple again. Plan for how you'll spend your Golden lives together.

They say that parenting is the hardest job you'll ever have. I disagree. Staying married for life is the hardest job. There will be times of great JOY & times when you want to kill your spouse figuretivly speaking. This is normal. After all you're two different people try to keep on building alife where the two become one. I can't imagine not having PB&A not being in my life. It's taken a long time to get to where we are today. Even after all the years we've been married we still can make each other laugh & enjoy being with each other. We've been through times of great sorrow & times of great LOVE & JOY. We are now able to take great pride & comfort being with each other. Look at disagreements as ways of making your marriage work & grow. There'll come a time when you can't imagine not having the other in your life sharing all the ups & downs, the times of Joy & times of sorrow. Those are the times you'll appreciate having your spouse to hold in your arms drawing great Love & strength from each other.

I could go on & on but I hope & pray that just perhaps my words here will help someone. I'm just a average man who has learned a few things in my 68 years of life.

Back to top Go down