YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thou Shall Not Inquire Regarding Their Gods.

3 posters

Go down

Thou Shall Not Inquire Regarding Their Gods. Empty Thou Shall Not Inquire Regarding Their Gods.

Post by Ben Masada Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:51 pm

THOU SHALL NOT INQUIRE REGARDING THEIR GODS

I had just watched some videos at the You-Tube when I came about this commandment in Deut. 12:30. One of the videos was about Jews who have converted to Christianity; even Rabbis, mind you! At the end, Tovia Singer, a Rabbi who has done more than his share to stop this phenomenon, said that we have lost more Jews to assimilation and conversions than all the Jews we lost during the Holocaust of 70 years ago.

Thou shall not inquire regarding their gods is a Torah commandment to the uninformed among the Jews who venture their curiosity as a "jay walker" so to speak, in a territory they have no idea about the terrain. Some get stuck somewhere and become statistics. No wonder several Orthodox Jews, including a Rabbi, have warned me to stop dillidallying with danger before I become satistics myself. I said, there is no need to worry sir, I know where the mines are. There is no chance I will ever get blown out.

True that many of the Jews who have got stuck to the spider's web, shone the title though embracing the creed, unaware that the creed defines the title. They adopt the Christian belief that Jesus was Christ but refuse the Christian title that goes with it. I am talking about "Jews-for-Jesus" and "Messianic Jews" although most of the "Messianic Jews" were not born Jewish anyways. By holding back to the Jewish identity, while prophessing the Christian faith, they are doing no different from the "Jews-for-Baal" of the time of Elijah, who would straddle the issue between the Lord and Baal untill 850 of their prophets ended up tragically. (I Kings 18:21,40)

The bottom line is that the Holocaust of 70 years ago was of the Jewish body. This is of the Jewish mind. We must admit: Christian are working with a heart. If we don't wake up from our lukewarm condition of neither hot nor cold, we might all, eventually, be spewed out if we ever dare to inquire regarding their gods.

Ben

Ben Masada

http://shalom007@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Thou Shall Not Inquire Regarding Their Gods. Empty Re: Thou Shall Not Inquire Regarding Their Gods.

Post by Gorm_Sionnach Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:43 pm

Ben Masada wrote: I am talking about "Jews-for-Jesus" and "Messianic Jews" although most of the "Messianic Jews" were not born Jewish anyways. By holding back to the Jewish identity, while prophessing the Christian faith, they are doing no different from the "Jews-for-Baal" of the time of Elijah, who would straddle the issue between the Lord and Baal untill 850 of their prophets ended up tragically. (I Kings 18:21,40)

Ben

I think its not quite accurate to conflate the phenomenon of "Jews for jesus" with the episode from Kings. In the case of Jews for Jesus, they are representitives of the hedgemony, the cultural norm, the "default position", and which Jews find themselves in a minority position. The example found in Kings, on the other hand, is just the opposite; the priests of Baal are a minority, and are ruthlessly persecuted and murdered for worshipping the wrong god. I think the later also reflects the succession of the Yahwist cult over any other competing cults, and the ruthlessness in which this supremecy was carried out.

Just some food for thought.

Coffee Three Shouts on a Hilltop
Gorm_Sionnach
Gorm_Sionnach

http://threeshoutsonahilltop.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Thou Shall Not Inquire Regarding Their Gods. Empty Re: Thou Shall Not Inquire Regarding Their Gods.

Post by Ben Masada Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:51 pm

Gorm_Sionnach wrote:
Ben Masada wrote: I am talking about "Jews-for-Jesus" and "Messianic Jews" although most of the "Messianic Jews" were not born Jewish anyways. By holding back to the Jewish identity, while prophessing the Christian faith, they are doing no different from the "Jews-for-Baal" of the time of Elijah, who would straddle the issue between the Lord and Baal untill 850 of their prophets ended up tragically. (I Kings 18:21,40)

Ben

I think its not quite accurate to conflate the phenomenon of "Jews for jesus" with the episode from Kings. In the case of Jews for Jesus, they are representitives of the hedgemony, the cultural norm, the "default position", and which Jews find themselves in a minority position. The example found in Kings, on the other hand, is just the opposite; the priests of Baal are a minority, and are ruthlessly persecuted and murdered for worshipping the wrong god. I think the later also reflects the succession of the Yahwist cult over any other competing cults, and the ruthlessness in which this supremecy was carried out.

Just some food for thought.

I said that the struggle of "Jews-for-Jesus" to keep the Jewish identity while, at the same time, promoting the gospel of Paul, only reminded me of the event of the "Jews-for-Baal" of the time of Elijah. Of course, time has changed and with it, evolution of the Jewish mind. The picture of Judaism is marred though, with the message that Jews can adopt the Christian faith while spewing the Christian name. That's not fair to either: Christianity and Judaism.

Ben

Ben Masada

http://shalom007@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eliab_ben_Benjamin Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:15 pm

I have to agree with Ben ...

Any form of messiah worship be it Jfor J or so called
Messianic Jews ..... are no longer Jewish by religion ...

Simple difference in concepts .... From the Shema
(Hashem is ONE) = Judaism to ..... obey and follow the laws , keep the Sabbath etc.

a triune or several personality deity ..... where the laws are no longer relevant and forgiveness is automatic .... seems to me a travesty.

Shalom ... Eliab

Eliab_ben_Benjamin
Eliab_ben_Benjamin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down