YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Four years... Can you believe it???

+3
samhain_autumnwood
sacrificialgoddess
tmarie64
7 posters

Go down

Four years... Can you believe it??? Empty Four years... Can you believe it???

Post by tmarie64 Sun May 24, 2009 11:44 am

Four WHOLE years!!!

Sex offender to spend 4 years in prison
A West Virginia man will spend four years in prison after he admitted Wednesday he was guilty of gross sexual imposition involving a five-year-old girl.

Cletis White, 57, of Huntington, entered his guilty plea in Lawrence County Common Pleas Court.

Cooper ordered White to register as a sex offender upon his release from the penitentiary.

Four whole years.... He molested a 5 year old... that's 1 year for each 15 months.... Hmmm. I think there's something wrong with the Lawrence County Common Pleas court.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Four years... Can you believe it??? Empty Re: Four years... Can you believe it???

Post by sacrificialgoddess Sun May 24, 2009 12:09 pm

Do they not have minimum sentencing?
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Four years... Can you believe it??? Empty Re: Four years... Can you believe it???

Post by tmarie64 Sun May 24, 2009 12:27 pm

Apparently not. I don't know.
I know that drug offenders get "home confinement", or slaps on the wrist.
There is something so SO wrong with this county.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Sun May 24, 2009 12:34 pm

Huh. I am one of the folks who thinks drug offenders should have treatment, rather than confinement, so I don't know that I am all that thrilled with drug laws to begin with.

I am considerably less sympathetic with child molestors.
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 Sun May 24, 2009 12:49 pm

These drug offenders are not addicts. They are DEALERS and Transports. They don't use them. The few druggies that are busted, are usually busted again while on home confinement.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by samhain_autumnwood Sun May 24, 2009 2:32 pm

Given the recidivism of sexual offenders with and without treatment, I want sexually based offenses to be life imprisonment, period.

The offender can petition for parole when he/she is too old and decrepit to be of any harm to anyone.

The public's infatuation with castration (chemical or "other wise") is simply revenge and shows a gross lack of understanding of what sexual assault/abuse is.

Drug-related offenders (including DWI or DUI)? Treatment for first offense. Treatment for second offense. Imprisonment for third offense.
samhain_autumnwood
samhain_autumnwood

http://crazy-jeaux.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Sun May 24, 2009 2:37 pm

Is there a point where a predator is to old or infirm to be of harm? We had a situation here not too far back where a 90 year old man was charged with raping a woman in his nursing home. He died before it could go to trial.
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by samhain_autumnwood Sun May 24, 2009 7:15 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:Is there a point where a predator is to old or infirm to be of harm? We had a situation here not too far back where a 90 year old man was charged with raping a woman in his nursing home. He died before it could go to trial.

Good point.

I run into folks with Alzheimer's and limited mobility that are still capable of predatory behavior. I should've thought that argument through a little more before posting my response.

That's what I get for posting on the run...
samhain_autumnwood
samhain_autumnwood

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Sun May 24, 2009 7:21 pm

I have ideas about what I would like done to sex offenders, particularly of children, but can't write any of them for fear of violating the ROC. Mad Blow Up
but once I was through with them, they would not be able to do anything like that again.

But for lack of that, life imprisonment seems appropriate.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by samhain_autumnwood Sun May 24, 2009 7:30 pm

MaineCaptain wrote:I have ideas about what I would like done to sex offenders, particularly of children, but can't write any of them for fear of violating the ROC. Mad Blow Up
but once I was through with them, they would not be able to do anything like that again.

But for lack of that, life imprisonment seems appropriate.

It's ok Maine.

The other inmates can easily dish out what I can't (and still look at myself in the mirror). Twisted Evil

I've taken care of predators before, and had no problem doing it. I point-blank told the individuals that I was going to give the best nursing care I could because I wanted those individuals to survive in prison as long as possible.

The longer those individual survived in prison the more "quality time" they got to spend with the other inmates.
samhain_autumnwood
samhain_autumnwood

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Sun May 24, 2009 7:39 pm

Thank you for understanding Sam, I am not in any way a violent person, in fact I am rather useless if I really to had to do physical battle.

However the idea of someone harming a child just sets me off.
And any form of sexual assault and abuse is the only time I ever feel anger.

You are a good man, and I much admire your way of handling things.
Thank you also for knowing that I would not be able to look in the mirror, if I did act upon those ideas. I appreciate that. Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 Sun May 24, 2009 8:52 pm

MC, that is one thing that should set everyone off. Never apologize for that.
Sam... Love your attitude. Take very good care of them... make sure they live a long and healthy life. Their "buddies" in jail could probably come up with things that you couldn't even imagine.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by samhain_autumnwood Sun May 24, 2009 9:58 pm

MaineCaptain wrote:Thank you for understanding Sam, I am not in any way a violent person, in fact I am rather useless if I really to had to do physical battle.

However the idea of someone harming a child just sets me off.
And any form of sexual assault and abuse is the only time I ever feel anger.

You are a good man, and I much admire your way of handling things.
Thank you also for knowing that I would not be able to look in the mirror, if I did act upon those ideas. I appreciate that. Smile

You're welcome Maine.

The harming of a child and sexual abuse gets my fangs growing as well.

Often, my anger writes checks that my conscience can't cash. I'm not even close to being as controlled and noble as I would like to be.

Maybe one day.

For now, I can be pretty petty and tacky at times. Tomorrow's another opportunity to practice being the man I would like to be.
samhain_autumnwood
samhain_autumnwood

Back to top Go down

Post by maya3 Mon May 25, 2009 8:43 am

That's sick! Mad

Maya
maya3
maya3

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken Tue May 26, 2009 11:49 am

I remember a story I heard once about an old incarceration type punishment where the guilty had from sun up, to sun down, to dig a hole that they would live in for the extent of the sentence. 4 years sounds about right in that.

Other nice options involve putting them at the mercy of wild animals, etc.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Tue May 26, 2009 12:18 pm

Nice idea there ALL, about animals and their mercy Wink

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by itty Wed May 27, 2009 3:49 pm

I can and do u nderstand trying to help drug offenders. There is a possibility that with good help they can get clean and live productive lives. Not a good possibility but it's there and giving someone a first or second chance is, in my mind, the compassionate thing to do. I also think the idea of three strikes and you're in jail is a good rule of thumb.

For people who molest children then all bets are off. I am of the mind to take care of the problem. Have some deep wells in the area. They aren't accesible and unless you know where they are, well, no one is going to know where to look.

Sigh...shouldn't say things li ke that. I'd hate to have one go missing and then have the cops on my doorstep.
itty
itty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down