YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

five things

5 posters

Go down

five  things Empty five things

Post by macoooo Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:06 am

Sorry everyone but I've deleted her post. She copied and pasted it from another site without giving credit. I have warned her/him before about this. I'd just delete the post but y'all responded. Creepy about covers it.

Gilly

macoooo

Back to top Go down

five  things Empty Re: five things

Post by John T Mainer Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:41 am

well thats not creepy at all Suspect

John T Mainer

http://community.bc-freehold.org/news.php

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:19 pm

Does that mean Allah is in favor of the Brazillian?
DeavonReye
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:38 pm

This does bring up something that interests me. There are a couple of ways to look at it. If your god created you, then why does s/he want a person to alter one's appearance? Why would a god want followers to mutilate themselves physically? Why would a god care how humans wear their hair?

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:16 am

Wow.. and I missed it. LOL Brazilian? Ick!

Gilly, you raise an excellent point. If we are "all" created in "god's" image, why would he/she/it want us to change? That being said, how the HELL can we ALL be his/her/its image? I look NOTHING like my husband, or John, or All.....

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:27 pm

I think that they mean Yahweh looks like humans rather than frogs but there you go.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:50 am

Gilly, you have hit upon a VERY good point, not only with Islam, but with the "intelligent design" debate, . . . . that has a "perfect god". It is nearly insane to make something look a certain way, but then hate it SO much that those things are required to be removed. That isn't at all intelligent. It would be like me inventing a REALLY good tasting fruit, but eating it causes death to whomever. . . . . . . . . . oh. But seriously, . . . it is incredibly absurd.
DeavonReye
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down