YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Locking the "atheism vs. non-theism" thread ...

+9
allthegoodnamesweretaken
DeavonReye
DotNotInOz
gillyflower
tmarie64
Michael5810
sacrificialgoddess
TigersEyeDowsing
ZenYen
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Locking the "atheism vs. non-theism" thread ... - Page 2 Empty Re: Locking the "atheism vs. non-theism" thread ...

Post by sacrificialgoddess Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:56 pm

Do I need to lock this thread as well?

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Locking the "atheism vs. non-theism" thread ... - Page 2 Empty Re: Locking the "atheism vs. non-theism" thread ...

Post by MaineCaptain Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:01 pm

I thought everything had calmed down. I would like everything to calm down. Let bygones be bygones and move on to other topics.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:09 pm

That's what I need at the moment.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:16 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:That's what I need at the moment.
Hug

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:02 pm

Here's a new topic, . . . .MaineCaptain, that is a cute kitty on your avatar! Smile
DeavonReye
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:05 pm

I must say, Deavon, that those piercingly enhanced eyes of yours on your avatar have had me straightening my posture and resolving to mind my p's and q's more than once. Not that either was your intent, but ain't it amazing the effect a little Photoshopping can have? Smile
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:07 pm

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:My wife is.

The other one I always tell is....

Marriage is about compromise. See, when we first got married, I learned the value of compromise. We wanted to get a pet. I wanted a dog, and she wanted a cat. So we compromised and got a cat. Then, a few years later, we compromised again and got another cat.

Locking the "atheism vs. non-theism" thread ... - Page 2 654698

No, compromise-is when you ask for a tiger and settle for a house cat. If you wanted a dog; you should have asked for a wolf.
Davelaw
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:11 pm

What Dave said. LoLFlag
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:58 pm

lol! That's awesome, Dave!!

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:22 am

Davelaw wrote:
allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:My wife is.

The other one I always tell is....

Marriage is about compromise. See, when we first got married, I learned the value of compromise. We wanted to get a pet. I wanted a dog, and she wanted a cat. So we compromised and got a cat. Then, a few years later, we compromised again and got another cat.

Locking the "atheism vs. non-theism" thread ... - Page 2 654698

No, compromise-is when you ask for a tiger and settle for a house cat. If you wanted a dog; you should have asked for a wolf.

I still would have got a cat. Twice. affraid
allthegoodnamesweretaken
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:34 pm

DeavonReye wrote:Here's a new topic, . . . .MaineCaptain, that is a cute kitty on your avatar! Smile
Why thank you, I just love toothless kitties Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:33 pm

MaineCaptain wrote:
DeavonReye wrote:Here's a new topic, . . . .MaineCaptain, that is a cute kitty on your avatar! Smile

Yes, they are adorable, aren't they? LOL

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:55 pm

tmarie64 wrote:
MaineCaptain wrote:

Yes, they are adorable, aren't they? LOL
They are, I have a weakness for baby creatures anyway, but kitties are my passion. Fear not I am not an animal hoarder, I only have three kitties.

But I do love animals dearly. I love you

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael5810 Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:25 pm

Ok, thanks for showinlg how well you abide by your own rules of conduct.

...and for showing how you behave when someone questions your most dearly-held precepts--on a forum that supposedly invites questioning.

By the way, you forgot to answer my question. It's permissible to ask about a website's rules, and their enforcement. So I'll ask one more time:

Why don't this website's rules of conduct (the ones that I quoted yesterday), and the consequences for not abiding by them, apply to T.Marie64?

Don't worry, I have no intention or inclination to argue with your reasons, whatever their validity.

If there are no more evaluations or criticisms of me or my postings, then I won't post, after this posting now.

But my question, above, is a permissible one, because a forum website's rules of conduct, and their enforcement, should be an open and accountable subject. Can you answer it?

Michael5810

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:42 pm

Thank you for your concerns regarding our rules of conduct, Michael; problems with moderators and administrators is addressed in private, with the individual, in a closed session. Just because you don't see a public spanking you need not assume one was not given, or wouldn't be given, if necessary.

Members are welcome to report posts they feel are in violation with the sites ROC. You will find a "Report" button on each post. These go to each administrator. Also, members who are moderators patrol their individual forums thoroughly as well, and catch and take action on what the average reader might miss. If you find posts violating the ROC, feel free to report it, and action will be taken if deemed necessary. If our actions don't seem good enough to you, we're sorry, but our administrator decisions are our own to make.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:45 pm

Never mind...

Last edited by tmarie64 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : just not worth it.)

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:31 pm

Goodbye Michael. I hope you find peace.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:48 am

DotNotInOz wrote:I must say, Deavon, that those piercingly enhanced eyes of yours on your avatar have had me straightening my posture and resolving to mind my p's and q's more than once. Not that either was your intent, but ain't it amazing the effect a little Photoshopping can have? Smile

Yes. . . . hehehehehe. . . . everyone should be watching their p's and q's around me! Twisted Evil

But seriously, yeah, I slightly modified the image. I did another one with black eyes. Wink

Anyway, thanks for the comment.

By the way, . . . . I LOVE the admins and mods on this site!!! Very Happy
DeavonReye
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:01 am

You just get off on getting spanked.

Whip

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:25 am

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:You just get off on getting spanked.

Whip

I' affraid affraid affraid affraid

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael5810 Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:26 pm

gillyflower wrote:Goodbye Michael. I hope you find peace.

That's a funny thing to say to the person who _wasn't_ on the attack here.

Aggressive or angry behavor certainly reveals a lack of peace, and there has been no shortage of such behavior here.

Maybe you just mean that you hope that I find a more peaceful forum website :-)

Michael5810

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:32 pm

Michael the people here do not attack anyone. we try to have civil discussions. Civil means not telling someone there is something wrong with their intellect.

All the Mods and Admin have considerable intelligence, as do, thankfully most of the posters. None of us needs to denigrate anyone for having a different opinion.

You wish to stay fine, but you must show respect to other posters whether you agree with them or not.
You have a complaint you send a private post, and do not wave the dirty laundry out in the public forum.

Thank you ahead of time for your cooperation

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:39 pm

Gilly was just thinking that, since you HATE it so much here, that you would be leaving. It's an easy mistake to make.
You seem to think you should be running things... We all know that ain't happenin'.... natural conclusion...

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:44 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:Well it started out okay.......

Locking the "atheism vs. non-theism" thread ... - Page 2 374898
Sakhaiva
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:03 pm

Sakhaiva wrote:
TigersEyeDowsing wrote:Well it started out okay.......

Locking the "atheism vs. non-theism" thread ... - Page 2 374898

Don't you hate it when a thread you create spirals out of control? Boxed In

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next