YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally got my book "published" on Lulu.com

+3
DotNotInOz
sacrificialgoddess
DeavonReye
7 posters

Go down

Finally got my book "published" on Lulu.com Empty Finally got my book "published" on Lulu.com

Post by DeavonReye Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:47 pm

My book, "Deconverted - A Reexamination of the Bible", has been set up for on demand publishing at Lulu.com. It isn't the same as having a publisher, in the traditional sense, but they will make the book up per sale.

It can be seen here:

http://www.lulu.com/product/11269190?cid=071810_en_email_BEACHREAD305
DeavonReye
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Finally got my book "published" on Lulu.com Empty Re: Finally got my book "published" on Lulu.com

Post by sacrificialgoddess Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:46 pm

Do they charge you for publication?

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Finally got my book "published" on Lulu.com Empty Re: Finally got my book "published" on Lulu.com

Post by DotNotInOz Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:46 pm

I hope you investigated them thoroughly before placing your book with them.

Unfortunately, it can be all but impossible to fire such publishers if your association proves unsatisfactory.

Good luck, Deavon. I hope it sells well.
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:43 am

I had a friend who used them and thought they were a fine way for an unpublished person to get a book out there. They don't charge for publication unless someone decides to purchase. Then they take their cut out. I'm assuming it is the cost of printing the book, plus a bit for their efforts.

The problem with a new book author is that, unless you're publishing just an extremely fascinating book, most publishers [or agents, which is really what's first to come] won't give you the time of day. My book isn't to that level, so to get it out there, . . . . there wasn't a lot of options.

As for removing it from them, I believe there are ways to do it. Anyway, I have no idea how well [or if at all] it will sell, but I did the most I could at this point, . . . and it is possible that it could catch on. . . . . .anything's relatively possible.
DeavonReye
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:53 pm

Wow, that's a big undertaking DR - good for you for finishing the book!
Sakhaiva
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:39 am

Congratulations!

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:23 am

Thanks! It was never my intention to have a book, . . . just writing down stuff I didn't like [as I was trying to figure things out], and ended up with a lot more than I imagined. Finally got my book "published" on Lulu.com Icon_smile
DeavonReye
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdfaery Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:48 pm

Congrats!

(looks in envy at someone who actually managed to finish a book) Finally got my book "published" on Lulu.com 476480
weirdfaery
weirdfaery

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:35 pm

Seriously, WF! I have a hard time finishing my

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdfaery Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:45 pm

Finally got my book "published" on Lulu.com Lol
weirdfaery
weirdfaery

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:09 am

Excellent, TED! LOL

Oh, and thank you, Weirdfaery.
DeavonReye
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down