YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Public Prayer

+7
MaineCaptain
allthegoodnamesweretaken
tmarie64
gillyflower
DotNotInOz
TigersEyeDowsing
sacrificialgoddess
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Public Prayer - Page 2 Empty Re: Public Prayer

Post by Teka Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:29 pm

Someone said today that in California they would like to make it illegal to hold Bible studies in private homes. I asked if I was hearing that correctly. Does anyone know anything about that?

Teka

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:24 am

That sounds like to me, Teka, the same people who say that allowing same sex marriages will lead to people marrying dogs and cats. Smile

There is no law that I know of and no person who wants a law like that but I fully believe that there are poor persecuted-feeling Christians who believe and say it anyway to manipulate voters. Nothing like a good scare tactic to get people riled up!

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:30 am

Teka wrote:Someone said today that in California they would like to make it illegal to hold Bible studies in private homes. I asked if I was hearing that correctly. Does anyone know anything about that?

There is probably a law out there having to do with zoning and churches
and someone is freaking out and believing the law goes in a direction
it really doesn't go.
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:11 am

Some have been bleating around that, if it's the same case I heard, it centers around a bible study that was cited because they were blocking a public street and not allowing access for emergency vehicles.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:25 am

Teka wrote:Someone said today that in California they would like to make it illegal to hold Bible studies in private homes. I asked if I was hearing that correctly. Does anyone know anything about that?
No, a minister and his wife were having bible studies and all the ingrates they invited over were blocking the street so the neighbors of the minister were, pretty much, blocked out of use of their homes and street.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:02 pm

People shouldn't be blocking driveways and streets no matter WHAT kind of gathering they are attending! I would've called the cops on them, too!

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by itty Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:06 am

Me too. I would probably have called the police and demanded the vehilcesbe towed.
itty
itty

Back to top Go down

Post by Teka Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:56 am

Ah thanks. I knew someone closer to the event would make sense of that. It can happen when someone has a shower or a wake around here.

Here in the Bible Belt you know what spin was put on it.

Teka

Back to top Go down

Post by itty Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:20 pm

yeah, I do. Everyone gets out the "Marryin' Barryin" suits.

I wouldn't mind so much the blocked vehicles in that situation. More than likely everyone there would be related to me. I do mind if it's thoughtless and rude.
itty
itty

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:53 pm

itty wrote:yeah, I do. Everyone gets out the "Marryin' Barryin" suits.

I wouldn't mind so much the blocked vehicles in that situation. More than likely everyone there would be related to me. I do mind if it's thoughtless and rude.

I live in small town america, thoughtless and rude are par for the course. Just ask any of my neighbors if they think of people that actually have jobs when they are setting off illegal fireworks at 3 in the morning?

Then again, I seem to be the odd man out because I actually do have a job that I need to get up for, so maybe it's me who is not being considerate towards their infantile desires to waste money and make noise.

Can ya tell I'm cranky?

Anyway, it takes a good half hour for emergency services to get out to my neck of the woods anyway, I'm not overly optimistic about them being able to do anything while there is still anything to do. Block off the street, doesn't bother me at all.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by itty Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:55 pm

Dunno know about you but the fireworks are starting now. I live in Illinois and its illegal. I empathize with you about the time lag, All. When I lived at the farm it took a half an hour there too.

Not cranky yet but it's coming. Me and the kit kids will be hiding in the next couple of days.
itty
itty

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:53 pm

*rubs the bear's tummy so he's not all cranky* Feel better now, all?

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2