YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Between Life Stages

+3
samhain_autumnwood
sacrificialgoddess
DotNotInOz
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Between Life Stages - Page 2 Empty Re: Between Life Stages

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:33 pm

And they slept in seperate beds like Lucy and Ricky. Smile

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:00 pm

You know it is funny............this entire conversation...........But when I was young........many moons ago.

I was very judgemental.
I though people should never "live in sin".....I did not mind Gay people, my mother was not judgemental so Gay people were considered perfectly normal, (as they are) . But living in sin,oooo a big no no when I was 12.

I actually thought all the problems with Gay people would go away if they were permitted to marry. The foolishness of the Young.
Oh well. Now I feel as long as no one is getting hurt, I really don't mind what people do. But I still wish people were generally more modest with clothing, I am not trying to be controlling but I do blush Embarassed

Back on topic, I think the word partner is just fine, because even if you are legally married, you are partners. But like Tiger. I still think Gay when I hear the word.

I even find myself odd. I have a love /hate relationship with the world. I am suspicions of human kind, and generally do not like people. But you guys and gals have awoken the latent love in me. You all give me so much hope, and I have a deep affection for you all. Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:28 pm

Good, I dont' feel so bad being suspicious and dis-like-ful of the populace now. Very Happy

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:08 pm

Being suspcious of humankind and generally not liking people isn't normal??? affraid Of course, MC, if we lived in another part of the country, we wouldn't have been raised to be so suspicious and unfriendly!! In my state, if you're too nice to somebody for no good reason, people look at you like there's something seriously wrong with you! Laughing

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:15 pm

7 years of working in the public has really lowered my faith in the human race. It's really depressing when you see just how many people are a waste of space. And I don't just mean the forgiveable dumb moments people have or the occasional mean bits that come out... I mean true stupidity and true nastiness. Quit suckin' my air.

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:18 pm

What's that saying....Stupid people shouldn't breed!!! Laughing

Last edited by Beribee on Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:19 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:Good, I dont' feel so bad being suspicious and dis-like-ful of the populace now. Very Happy
Doesn't seem very Pisces like does it? But I have never liked people very much. Too much past damage and reinforcement of the belief that people stink Embarassed

You, my friends here, really have given me hope that everyone is not as I feared. Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:20 pm

Beribee wrote:What's that saying....Stupid people shouldn't breed!!! Laughing
You are so right IMHO Razz

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:22 pm

You know, when I adoped my cat I was all but strip-searched. I had to sign release papers to let them come inspect my house, answer a psychological survey, etc.

You need a license to hunt, fish, (camp sometimes), carry a gun, and drive. Anybody can pop a baby. What's wrong with this.

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:22 pm

Beribee wrote:Being suspcious of humankind and generally not liking people isn't normal??? affraid Of course, MC, if we lived in another part of the country, we wouldn't have been raised to be so suspicious and unfriendly!! In my state, if you're too nice to somebody for no good reason, people look at you like there's something seriously wrong with you! Laughing
Nice to know I am not alone

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:25 pm

[quote="MaineCaptain]Nice to know I am not alone[/quote]

Just you and the rest of New England!!! LOL Laughing

Beribee
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:36 pm

Hysterical ROTFLOL

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:40 pm

I love having a fellow New Englander around to share New England humor with!! It's great! You know what I've started doing just to mess with people ('cuz I really am evil, in case you wondered)? I actually look them in the eye when I'm passing them and smile and say "hi!" Really messes with them....the true New Englanders don't quite know what to do with that! ROFL

Beribee
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:41 pm

Beribee you are a very naughty girl, I knew it!!!! Razz LOL

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:42 pm

He he he.....my true personality has been revealed!!! LOL

Beribee
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:43 pm

I am honoured to know you, so glad you are not too far away. Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:44 pm

Here of course we talk to everyone, and I am still naturally friendly. Because the vast majority of people really are okay. The ex and I used to fight over that all the time, because she didn't feel think it was okay to make conversation with just anyone. But that's why I do love the south, you just talk to people in the grovery store and swap life stories and walk away with a grin.

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:46 pm

MaineCaptain wrote:I am honoured to know you, so glad you are not too far away. Very Happy

Awww, shucks....thanks, MC!!! Hug2

Beribee
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:47 pm

Very Happy Hug2 Beribee

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:49 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:Here of course we talk to everyone, and I am still naturally friendly. Because the vast majority of people really are okay. The ex and I used to fight over that all the time, because she didn't feel think it was okay to make conversation with just anyone. But that's why I do love the south, you just talk to people in the grovery store and swap life stories and walk away with a grin.

You talk to people in the grocery store that you don't know?? Simply unheard of! LOL Shocked

Beribee
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:05 pm

It is funny, I was shy as a child, but as I have grown up I have become .....I am not sure, perhaps friendly fits. I will talk to anyone, just about.

I think they would say of me, "Never met a stranger", I talk to everyone like I have known them for years. Obviously not with intimate details, but regular conversations sure, I will chat.

But that does not mean I trust anyone. Wink

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:37 pm

MaineCaptain wrote:But I still wish people were generally more modest with clothing, I am not trying to be controlling but I do blush Embarassed

No kidding! I knew I was getting old and stuffy when I was grossed out by a hugely pregnant woman wearing a skintight tee shirt! Give me the days when a Mama Cass muu-muu sort of maternity shirt was the norm. There are some things that other people just don't need or want to see oftentimes!

Worse still was the pregnant woman, probably five or six months along, wearing a midriff top for gawd's sake! Wear it around the house so that you and father-to-be can enjoy the view, fine...wonderful...terrific, but PLEASE don't look like you just came from getting an ultrasound and forgot to put all your clothes back on.

I'd be inclined to say the same for guys with immense guts except that they don't generally have navels that you REALLY do not want to see, unlike quite a few very pregnant women.

Rules!
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:18 am

You ought to see the unfortunate clothing choices I see every day now that it is so hot. The thing I am tired of from the boys are pants cinched around their thighs and short shirts so that their whole underpants are on show. It isn't so bad when they wear boxers but the white kind of transparent kind - jockey - are not attractive.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:34 am

gillyflower wrote:You ought to see the unfortunate clothing choices I see every day now that it is so hot. The thing I am tired of from the boys are pants cinched around their thighs and short shirts so that their whole underpants are on show. It isn't so bad when they wear boxers but the white kind of transparent kind - jockey - are not attractive.

You have my deepest sympathy. I'd probably have an apoplectic fit at that sight.
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:40 am

I have to keep telling the hubby to yank his shorts up. He has no butt, and even with a belt, his shorts keep dropping down and showing off his underwear.
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next