YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Humans must move to space in 100 years or face extinction: Stephen Hawking

+3
Sakhaiva
allthegoodnamesweretaken
Ebon
7 posters

Go down

Humans must move to space in 100 years or face extinction: Stephen Hawking Empty Humans must move to space in 100 years or face extinction: Stephen Hawking

Post by Ebon Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:53 am

The title is somewhat misleading, what he says isn't actually THAT dramatic but it's slightly jarring nonetheless. Would this be a good time to start campaigning for NASA to be given a huge budget increase?

http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/08/09/humans-must-move-to-space-in-100-years-or-face-extinction-hawking/
Ebon
Ebon

Back to top Go down

Humans must move to space in 100 years or face extinction: Stephen Hawking Empty Re: Humans must move to space in 100 years or face extinction: Stephen Hawking

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:09 pm

Interesting. I agree with this if only from the "don't put all of your eggs in one basket" standpoint.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Humans must move to space in 100 years or face extinction: Stephen Hawking Empty Re: Humans must move to space in 100 years or face extinction: Stephen Hawking

Post by Sakhaiva Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:24 pm

The sad thing is that life on this planet would never be moved en masse. So, at some point, all evidence for my life ever existing will cease to be.

We'll be just another myth - if that.
Sakhaiva
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:30 pm

Well, at some point, all evidence for any of our lives will all cease to be. That's why we have to be okay with impermanence, because it is, whether we like it or not. Wink

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RevJohn Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:28 pm

As Thich Nhat Hanh likes to say, "Long live impermanence."
RevJohn
RevJohn

http://mindhealing.org (don't worry, it's not your computer; it

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:46 am

Ebon wrote:The title is somewhat misleading, what he says isn't actually THAT dramatic but it's slightly jarring nonetheless. Would this be a good time to start campaigning for NASA to be given a huge budget increase?

[url=http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/08/09/humans-must-move-to-space-in-100-years-or-face-extinction-hawking/
http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/08/09/humans-must-move-to-space-in-100-years-or-face-extinction-hawking/[/quote[/url]]

No, I say forgive all taxes to Branson, or Allen or any other individual who is committed to getting humanity OFF THIS ROCK. I no longer trust NASA to do the right thing.
Davelaw
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by marizfaith Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:18 pm

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:Interesting. I agree with this if only from the "don't put all of your eggs in one basket" standpoint.

all

Hahaha, Nicely put sir. I for one do believe in Stephen hawking's ideas. He thinks really long way.
marizfaith
marizfaith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down