YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many rebound relationships does a recently divorcee have?

+2
sacrificialgoddess
JashimChando
6 posters

Go down

How many rebound relationships does a recently divorcee have? Empty How many rebound relationships does a recently divorcee have?

Post by JashimChando Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:02 pm

I keep hearing that a person that get divorced will at some point have a
rebound relationship. How long does a rebound relationship have to last
for it to count as a rebound would you say? How many rebound
relationships does a recently divorcee have- can they have more than
one?

JashimChando

Back to top Go down

How many rebound relationships does a recently divorcee have? Empty Re: How many rebound relationships does a recently divorcee have?

Post by sacrificialgoddess Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:24 pm

I am not terribly clear on where you are going with this.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

How many rebound relationships does a recently divorcee have? Empty Re: How many rebound relationships does a recently divorcee have?

Post by DotNotInOz Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:39 pm

JashimChando wrote:I keep hearing that a person that get divorced will at some point have a
rebound relationship.

Perhaps. This depends upon the person, I would say. If a recently divorced person is smart, s/he will follow the advice of the counselor I worked with after my second divorce: Wait at least a year after the divorce is final before getting into another relationship.

How long does a rebound relationship have to last for it to count as a rebound would you say?

I'm not sure you and I have the same meaning for "rebound relationship." To me, it means running right out after the divorce to find a replacement for your spouse.

So, it doesn't matter how long the relationship lasts. If a recently divorced person promptly gets seriously involved with someone, that's a rebound relationship.

How many rebound relationships does a recently divorcee have- can they have more than
one?

No one can answer how many a person can have. That's like asking how many romantic/sexual relationships a person can have in a lifetime.

One rebound relationship soon after a divorce is one too many, IMO. I speak from experience. And the results weren't pretty...

DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:31 pm

How many rebound relationships does a recently divorcee have? Icon_bounce Does this go along with?

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

How many rebound relationships does a recently divorcee have? 798723

Sorry, I'm all for handling up on the divorce scene like my gal Dot said! AT LEAST A YEAR!
Willowcreek70633
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:44 pm

At the very least a year... after the divorce is final.

Oh man.... I've had my fill of *almost divorced* scripts to last this lifetime; yuck.
Sakhaiva
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by lightheart Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:25 pm

I think it depends on the old relationship. I met a man who was still in shock from his first marriages. The second marriage was for his career to look good. He's been divorced for 7 years. Relationships mean different things to different people.

lightheart

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:38 pm

Good points, Lightheart.

I got smarter after my second divorce largely as the result of six months of counseling. Thus, I say ANYthing but a friendship that is nothing more than a casual friendship is very risky until at least one full year from the date the divorce is final. By casual friendship, I mean someone who's more an acquaintance with whom you might chat a few minutes in the supermarket and would at most go out for coffee with. No "sort-of" dating or anything beyond that.

I don't care that you feel relieved to be out of the marriage and think you're in good shape. The counselor I worked with said that there still are all the emotional identifications of being married to dissolve, and releasing those emotional bonds takes lots more time than merely signing the paperwork, heaving a sigh of relief and scurrying out to hitch up with someone new.

If you're any smarter, you'll wait.
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down