YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sacred and secular; separate or synergistic?

3 posters

Go down

Sacred and secular; separate or synergistic? Empty Sacred and secular; separate or synergistic?

Post by John T Mainer Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Solstice actually came with sun. Hail Sunna, we who usually only suspect your presence beneath Thor's watery immenence salute you!

As is my custom, I brought in muffins to work to celebrate the solstice. As I am supervisor to my crew, this places me in the chieftain's role, and obligates me to the chieftains duties. Feasting and gifting those who you live and work with was an important part of any heathen of standing's life in ancient days. I beleive the practices of reciprocal gifting and hospitality build bonds of frith between peoples and are useful tools not simply within heathenry, but within our daily lives.

Do the rest of you use your heathen or pagan practice into your daily lives, that the marking of our holy times brings benefit and joy to those outside our faith community that are none the less part of our lives? Do you prefer to keep your faith and your work seperate entirely?

John T Mainer

http://community.bc-freehold.org/news.php

Back to top Go down

Sacred and secular; separate or synergistic? Empty Re: Sacred and secular; separate or synergistic?

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:42 am

I do give for holy times, and in daily life. I just don't tell my employee's why.... Wink

Their born again Christians. I think it would be funny, but I don't think they would share my amusement.
allthegoodnamesweretaken
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Sacred and secular; separate or synergistic? Empty Re: Sacred and secular; separate or synergistic?

Post by MaineCaptain Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:55 pm

I do something similar, but keep the reasons private. I don't know a lot of Pagans.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down