YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Funny sort of religious conversations

3 posters

Go down

Funny sort of religious conversations Empty Funny sort of religious conversations

Post by sacrificialgoddess Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:04 pm

This may only be funny to me, but I thought I should share.

My husband is an atheist. I don't know if anyone here knew that, but it is important to the story. It of course means that he often thinks I am crazy. Juggle
The past few days I have had a chest cold, so life with me has been a barrel of laughs.
This morning I had a severe coughing fit. After it was over I said "Dear, God."
I don't know whether it was a verbal tick or what, I didn't even realize I had said it until my snarky husband said, "Your god is so dear, huh? He's torturing you."
So I responded, "My god isn't the god of healing. My god is the god of bopping people on the head."
So he said. "Huh. I guess that happens, too."
Now I don't know what he meant by that last phrase, but I thought the whole exchange was amusing enough to share.

Anyone else have amusing stories to share?

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Funny sort of religious conversations Empty Re: Funny sort of religious conversations

Post by HailToTheSquirrel Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Last year on campus there was a Campus Christians Group with a booth out on the campus mall and they were giving away free hot chocolate. We all know it's not free. You have to talk to them. So I thought I'd be a wise a55 in a different way. When asked if I wanted a free coacoa I said

"I prefer not to take beverages from religious groups in tents."

Dark, sure. But then I'm not sure he got the reference either.

HailToTheSquirrel

Back to top Go down

Funny sort of religious conversations Empty Re: Funny sort of religious conversations

Post by sacrificialgoddess Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:55 pm

They are usually a little slow.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:33 am

SG, I'm impressed that you were that quick witted being so sick! Good job! Smile

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down