YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lifestyles the least costly way to improve population health status?

3 posters

Go down

lifestyles the least costly way to improve population health status? Empty lifestyles the least costly way to improve population health status?

Post by Mymonermanus Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:33 pm

I would agree with the sentiment. As a wellness professional for over 30 years, I can tell you that effecting significant lifestyle change on a societal level is VERY difficult. It's not just a matter of changing the behavior. It's a matter of effecting permanent changes in the work, societal, personal, and family environment that are needed to support the desired changes (versus putting up obstacles to those changes).

Short of draconian legislation, i.e., MANDATING healthy behavior, how can you do that without expending significant amounts of money in advertising, education, counseling, administrative, and environmental changes? And if the changes become too heavy-handed, you have the rebound phenomenon of people who embrace the negative behaviors BECAUSE the positive behaviors are being pushed so hard.

So while changing lifestyles at the population level is certainly possible in theory, the application is much more complex... and likely costly.

Mymonermanus

Back to top Go down

lifestyles the least costly way to improve population health status? Empty Re: lifestyles the least costly way to improve population health status?

Post by tmarie64 Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:50 pm

I call LIAR. You claim to be a "wellness professional"... What is that? Slang for masseuse that gives "happy endings"? Because you post like either a 12 year old trying to shock people with the word "pu&&y" or a hooker trying to drum up some business.
The only "profession" that uses that kind of crass, crude, UNprofessional slang as much as you have is the sex industry.
Clean it up or find more and more of it deleted.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

lifestyles the least costly way to improve population health status? Empty Re: lifestyles the least costly way to improve population health status?

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:41 pm

Mymonermanus wrote:I would agree with the sentiment.

What sentiment do you agree with?

Mymonermanus wrote:
As a wellness professional for over 30 years, I can tell you that effecting significant lifestyle change on a societal level is VERY difficult.

I also call you a liar. It is not the job of healthcare professionals to try to change society. We work with individuals.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down