YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living Out Your Philosophy: Anger

+12
TigersEyeDowsing
maya3
Beribee
samhain_autumnwood
MaineCaptain
allthegoodnamesweretaken
John T Mainer
DotNotInOz
gillyflower
Willowcreek70633
Gorm_Sionnach
Sakhaiva
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Living Out Your Philosophy: Anger - Page 3 Empty Re: Living Out Your Philosophy: Anger

Post by Beribee Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:21 pm

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:
Beribee wrote:My husband wants to bring me to the range so he can show me how to shoot all of his weapons. (I currently only know how to load and shoot a 50 cal. blackpowder rifle). However, my kids don't want him to because they're afraid I'll outshoot them!!! LMAO!

That's actually a pretty valid fear. I've heard that for the most part, women are better marksman than men are. I keep trying to get my wife to go to the range with me, but she keeps saying that it is my time, and my hobby, and she thinks I need the alone time.

Well, when I was competing as a teenager with blackpowder, I could outshoot my father. And I can outshoot my kids with a bb gun....you should have seen the shocked look on their faces....it was priceless!! Razz

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Living Out Your Philosophy: Anger - Page 3 Empty Re: Living Out Your Philosophy: Anger

Post by John T Mainer Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:51 pm

Sakhaiva wrote:
John T Mainer wrote:I've seen women firing 84mm Medium anit-tank recoil less rifles, ATGM, SAM, 25mm autocannon, 105mm and 120mm cannon, light and medium machineguns, submachine guns, assault rifles, pistols, and sniper rifles.

.... I'm pretty good with a longbow. Surprised

(I am part elf afterall)

All of my daughters are decent with bows, and my eldest is a fair hand with sword and shield, or hand and a half sword.

John T Mainer

http://community.bc-freehold.org/news.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:09 pm

John T Mainer wrote:
All of my daughters are decent with bows, and my eldest is a fair hand with sword and shield, or hand and a half sword.

That is very cool John .... it always seems to me that you provide an amazing space for a family to grow in.
Sakhaiva
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:33 pm

I know. I'm more of a hugger than a fighter but I bet being John's kid would be awesome. Very Happy

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Living Out Your Philosophy: Anger - Page 3 Empty anger

Post by good day23 Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:24 pm

Forgive others their trespasses and God will remove anger.
Louise

good day23

Back to top Go down

Post by good day23 Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:30 pm

Gorm_Sionnach wrote:
Sakhaiva wrote:LOL yes, but a house full of broken objects only causes one to go out and buy more things (ref: to post on 'material stuff')

Very Happy
Cardboard is an excellent substitute for objects of value. I like my stuff too much to break it.
What are you angry about? Where did it start? You sound like I used to be and it is so much better to not get angry.
Louise

good day23

Back to top Go down

Post by John T Mainer Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:39 am

Anger is a tool. For the right job, its the right tool. A hammer is a tool, and when you need to drive nails, or pull them out, it is the best tool. If you are looking to paint a porcelain cat, its probably a really bad choice. There is nothing wrong with anger in its place, but when it is in the place of thought, stupid really soon enters the game.

John T Mainer

http://community.bc-freehold.org/news.php

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:21 am

good day23 wrote:Forgive others their trespasses and God will remove anger.
Louise
Which god are you talking about?

Why do you want your anger removed by someone else? Don't you feel responsible enough for yourself that you would want to manage your own emotions?

Welcome to the board. Few here are Christians, just to let you know, and many don't look at the world through Christian glasses. Discussion is possible to explore how different people and religions regard topics. Smile

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:35 am

I'll put it another way. Let's say an adult gets angry because his or her children break the new television. Do you want the adult to control his or her anger and deal with the situation in an appropriate manner or do you want the person to remain angry and act on it until a god steps in to remove the anger?

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:00 pm

good day23 wrote:Forgive others their trespasses and God will remove anger.
Louise
Sorry, but after I wiped the beer I spit out from laughing at this comment off my monitor, I have to reply with a resounding "BULLSHIT".
There are transgressions that CANNOT be forgiven. There are some things that should NEVER be forgiven. So, if your god demands that I forgive before I can stop being angry, then your god can go f*ck himself. I choose when to be angry, I choose when to forgive...or IF I forgive. You see, MY God gave me free will. There are people who have done things to me that I will NEVER forgive, but I'm not angry with them. I chose not to let anger lead me. But, I still REFUSE to forgive.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:51 pm

I echo John. Anger is a tool. Anger is not the problem, but the misapplication of anger.
allthegoodnamesweretaken
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:14 am

Yup.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:15 pm

It's like any other emotion...or any thing else in life... "All things in moderation"...

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3