YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Had a pretty interesting dream, last night...

4 posters

Go down

Had a pretty interesting dream, last night... Empty Had a pretty interesting dream, last night...

Post by DeavonReye Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:45 am

Firstly, I can't remember it all [of course], but this is basically what happened:

I was being chased by a large group of people. . . . . .at least I THOUGHT I was. I was in some sort of . . . mall . . . or something like that, and there were about 7-8 guys with spears coming towards me. I was hiding behind a big pot, or whatever. Anyway, they got up to me, . . . but were looking to my right. Never figured out who they looking at. But soon, there were a bunch of people around me and I felt like I was someone important. . . . . . magical even.

This older man came up to me and was sad about his wife. I looked at her, and it was just her head. The guy said that it happened "in Chicago", . . . and somehow I knew what to do. I closed my eyes, concentrated, . . . and found my way to the past, on a subway station in Chicago, and there was a younger woman [same as "the head"], and kept her from falling onto the tracks [knowing that it was a train that caused her death]. I pulled her into the future, and back to where her husband was . . . and she quickly aged to where she would have been if she had never died then.

I don't remember much after that. Guess I woke up. Could have been the pizza I ate last night.

Anyway, that's my dream.  tongue 
DeavonReye
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Had a pretty interesting dream, last night... Empty Re: Had a pretty interesting dream, last night...

Post by tmarie64 Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:29 am

Interesting. Doesn't sound like a pizza dream.

I had what was apparently a very good dream last night, myself. I woke up smiling. But cannot remember any of it.

Yours was very interesting, indeed.  Smile 

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Had a pretty interesting dream, last night... Empty Re: Had a pretty interesting dream, last night...

Post by DeavonReye Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:15 pm

It's a shame that we can't remember how most of our dreams go. It's really weird, too. Not sure why that is. Also, . . . I'm fascinated by how the mind works. While unconscious, the brain makes up stories all on its own. Things/scenarios that I haven't seen before. . . . . and I have no control over it. Most of the time.

DeavonReye
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:47 pm

I keep a notebook by my side of the bed. Sometimes when I wake up, I manage to even write that stuff down before it is gone!

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:28 pm

It's really weird that the contents of our dreams so quickly leave our mind after we wake up. A dream journal is a really good idea. I should do that too. :-)
DeavonReye
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:03 am

I did that for a while too. The other thing that I still have is a dream dictionary. It is interesting to see what some of the things might mean.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:36 pm

The "dream dictionary" may be interesting, . . . but I wonder how 'accurate' it can be with different people. Surely we all aren't that similar are we?? :-)
DeavonReye
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:59 pm

IMO it is a cultural thing. In each culture, symbols have a certain meaning and then there are idioms like "it's not over until the fat lady sings" or "costs an arm and a leg." Well, if you have a dream about a fat lady singing or an arm and leg it can certainly mean to your brain that something is over or something is very or too expensive. Again my opinion.

Then one's profession and childhood circumstances affect it. For example a cow might have a different meaning for a dairy farmer than it would for a mechanical engineer.

The one I use is "Dream Dictionary" by Tony Crisp. I've seen some that are totally worthless, dream dictionaries, that is. You just have to find one that makes sense to you.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down