YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Irony leaves rust edged wounds

+3
MaineCaptain
allthegoodnamesweretaken
John T Mainer
7 posters

Go down

Irony leaves rust edged wounds Empty Irony leaves rust edged wounds

Post by John T Mainer Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:40 pm

Hail,
After about three years of struggle I succeeded in getting my father to agree to move into the lodge as the best balance of care for his declining (as in dying hard and ugly) health, and independence. Having begun to make plans for moving him, the care workers from the lodge doing their house-calls had dad buzz them in, and then took his walker which he can barely use on a good day, and unlocked his front door. As he began the difficult task of turning without falling, the attendant burst through the door, knocking him over his walker, breaking more bones, splitting his parchment thin skull-skin open in red ruin.
This is the SECOND TIME one of theirs has done this, and now dad would "not pi$$ on them if they were on fire", let alone consent to enter their care.
Thanks to their utter incompetence, and continued a$$ covering, no action is being taken against the offender, again. I can hardly then argue it would be better for him to entrust his health to their negligence. He will die hard the next time he has a fall he cannot rise from. I will get to find his body. And I am ready to cut the blood eagle on those whose paper shuffling a$$ covering reflexes make this the end of a decorated veteran.
The gods know what I ask, what he asks. Let him know as much joy as is left, and his final dance with Hel will be as hard and ugly as their long courtship has promised. He lived proud, will die proud, and I will not actually bind the people responsible to his pyre to sing his way to the afterlife in the flames, even if I probably ought to.
Tell me again that civilization is worth it, because right now I just don't see it.

John T Mainer

http://community.bc-freehold.org/news.php

Back to top Go down

Irony leaves rust edged wounds Empty Re: Irony leaves rust edged wounds

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:13 am

This civilization?
I don't know if it is worth it or not.
I do know that it is better than other possibilities......
allthegoodnamesweretaken
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:23 am

John. I understand how you feel about what's been happening to your Father. I used drive for a Company in Phoenix called Handicap Transportation. We only picked up people, from nirsing homes?, who were handicapped in one way or another. I could tell you many horror stories about the so called nursing homes.

Back to top Go down

Post by John T Mainer Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:06 pm

Thanks guys. Sometimes you have to go with the best of bad alternatives, and know that you are still infinitely off than most of the world. It still sucks, but life, like any wine, is bitterest at the dregs.

John T Mainer

http://community.bc-freehold.org/news.php

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:47 pm

I missed this, I am so sorry this happened, John. My thoughts are with you and your father.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:47 am

I'm sorry, John. It is difficult to deal with the poor choices open to our elders.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Southern Hick Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:35 am

[......... Evil or Very Mad ..........]
If only we were allowed to get away with chopping The Blood Eagle on people when they do such things and then don't step up to accept responsibility and fair consequences for their actions[or inaction's, as the case may be at times]. My Grandmother was killed in a Nursing Home by a worker's rough negligence[they flipped her over bodily in her bed and smashed her skull against the bed's safety railing. Then they tried to sell us the lame child's lie of..."Oh, that injury? Uh, she already had that when we found her...uh...yeah.." HORSESHIT! Took us three days to discover what had really happened.].
I offer my greatest sympathies for you and your own during this difficult time, Sir, and for what it is worth to you I shall keep you and your own in my thoughts and prayers.
"Civilization" may not be worth very much, but individual people are. It's people that make the world a place worth living in and fighting for. We just have to find ways to fill our lives with people that are worth a darn, have the wisdom to be able to recognize them when they present themselves, and strive to hold onto them for as long as we can.

Southern Hick

Location : Originally the Florida Everglades, but now, the swamplands near Inverness, Citrus County Fl..

Back to top Go down

Post by Tynkerbelle Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:31 pm

John though we have not met formally. I do understand your strife and agree that civilization as whole is scary awful at best. I do however agree with Southern Hick there are individuals out there that are worth a dam even if they are few, far between and difficult to find at times. I too wish you and your Father the best of wishes and offer a grand Thank you to your father for serving our country. Although many aspects of it have fallen by the way side he did fight to give many rights that I use every single day. I send positive thoughts and blessings to you and yours.
Tynkerbelle
Tynkerbelle

Back to top Go down

Post by marizfaith Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:17 pm

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:This civilization?
I don't know if it is worth it or not.
I do know that it is better than other possibilities......

I agree with you. But the world is in such a condition, that we can hardly do anything about it now. But maybe in the future we can do much better, I hope....
marizfaith
marizfaith

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down