YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neighbourhood Cats Stories

5 posters

Go down

Neighbourhood Cats Stories Empty Neighbourhood Cats Stories

Post by MaineCaptain Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:21 pm

Well I see this board is somewhat disused. And if there are any typos my little girl cat is rubbing on the keyboard.

Anyway, Since it is quiet, I thought I would tell two kitty stories that happened around here this winter.

A neighbour had to leave the state this winter, moving to take care of his parents in another state. , His cat, a Black & White named Salem. He has had her years, as long as I've known him more then 7 years. As he was getting ready to leave she got away from him. He could not stay, so he left the information with the neighbours and went to catch his flight.

Why do these things happen as the weather turns colder? I set out a shelter just in case she came by, but she is shy. After about a week and a half in our Maine winter weather, one of the neighbours caught her. And she will adopt Salem if Paul does not come back.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Neighbourhood Cats Stories Empty Re: Neighbourhood Cats Stories

Post by MaineCaptain Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:29 pm

Second cat story, yes we had another event this winter.
Another neighbour has a beautiful grey Mainecoon, Shy and allusive ( I am working on him, because he is lovely and of course I am in love with the silly boy.)
Anyhoo. During the same time Salem escaped. Squeaky went missing. His person was away at the time and Squeaky's babysitter went around asking everyone to keep an eye out.
Well, after nearly three weeks everyone started believing the worst. Then one morning I was walking doggy and one of my neighbours walked up to me and asked me if I knew who owned a grey cat.

So I went back to his house and there he was poor Squeaky was thin and boney. He had been trapped under the mans house in a crawl space. He must have sneaked in be fore he sealed it up. The man had started hearing crying, and once he figured out where it was coming from, he open the crawl space and found him.

Now it is about a month later and Squeaky is his fat and happy elusive self again. I was joking the other day, we have had a good winter both cats rescued and are doing well. Smile

Just thought I would share two stories that turn out well.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:48 pm

good stories
Davelaw
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:17 pm

I love kitty stories with a happy ending! Very Happy

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:24 pm

Thank you, I too enjoy kitty stories that turn out well. The Grey Mainecoon, now once again comes regularly to my outdoor food bowl.
And the other is being kept indoors, and the lady who rescued her is a very nice person.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:32 pm

We're going to get a new chicken coop soon, and then some baby chicks! I LOVE baby chicks!

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:49 pm

Beribee wrote:We're going to get a new chicken coop soon, and then some baby chicks! I LOVE baby chicks!
OOOO I am almost envious. I have been thinking about getting some chicks for years. I too love baby chicks.
I think I am a sucker for any baby critters Embarassed

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:01 am

MaineCaptain wrote:
Beribee wrote:We're going to get a new chicken coop soon, and then some baby chicks! I LOVE baby chicks!
OOOO I am almost envious. I have been thinking about getting some chicks for years. I too love baby chicks.

LOL, me too! At least baby chicks will grow up and pay for themselves with eggs! Surprised)

Beribee
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:14 am

MaineCaptain wrote:
You can't have chicks. You have cats.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:17 am

unless she has a secret plan to save on cat food
Davelaw
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:33 am

Naughty, naughty, Dave. Razz

Well most (not all) my cats are indoors. Of course then there are the out door ones I feed. OH CRUM! I have to figure this out

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:07 am

I got chicks once and they were supposed to be sexed - all females, you know. But apparently they lied because it was an even split between roosters and hens. I hated those roosters! They would hunt in a pack and try to chase or intimidate people (my children out at the barn) or my little dog. Our chickens were free ranging and lived with the horses in the barn.

FYI - a squirt gun is great to teach them some respect.

The hens were lovely and so friendly and kind. We could and did pet them. Their poor backs got featherless and bloody with the roosters jumping on them. At that point, the roosters went away. So be warned, if you do have a clutch of roosters, get rid of them early.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:19 pm

I used to house-sit a friends farm when they went away, they had chickens, just hens. Quite easy to tend. They had a horse and four dogd, and a new batch of puppies last I house sit. I think the dogs were more work then the chickens or the horse.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:04 am

If you keep the chickens in a pen, then the cats are not an issue! We have ferrel cats around as well as raccoons and fisher cats, so no free ranging chickens around here!

Beribee
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:21 am

http://faculty.uca.edu/rnovy/Leiber--SpaceTime%20for%20Springers.htm

enjoy
Davelaw
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content