YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Delightfully sappy "chick flick"

2 posters

Go down

Delightfully sappy "chick flick" Empty Delightfully sappy "chick flick"

Post by DotNotInOz Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:59 pm

I admit it--I'm a glutton for an over-the-top romantic film every so often.

Letters To Juliet was a delight. The premise is that young women visiting the Verona, Italy house fabled as that of Shakespeare's Juliet frequently write letters to her asking advice about their love lives and stick them onto an outside wall of the house.

Near evening one day, a young American woman notices a young woman carefully removing the letters and placing them in a basket. The American follows the other woman and learns that the latter is part of a group of Italian women who write answers to the letters similarly to Ann Landers or Dear Abby. Sophie, the American, decides that she would like to help which leads to her discovering a letter to Juliet written by an Englishwoman and concealed behind a loose stone in the wall fifty years previously.

Sophie, of course, decides to see if she can find the letter writer and learn what happened to her.

Naturally, Sophie also finds love, but I won't issue any spoilers.

The focus is delightfully more upon the long-separated and now elderly lovers than upon Sophie's own love story. Vanessa Redgrave plays the Englishwoman and Franco Nero, her real-life husband, the long-lost Italian lover.

Sappy? Oh, yeah...but I loved every moment. Do see it if you can.
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Delightfully sappy "chick flick" Empty love it...

Post by lovepsychicreadings Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:32 pm

I saw this movie too! It was sappy I agree, but these romantic flicks are great go-to's when I need some uplifting. Plus, I love anything about Shakespeare!

lovepsychicreadings

http://www.authenticpsychicreadings.net/category/love-psychic-re

Back to top Go down

Delightfully sappy "chick flick" Empty Re: Delightfully sappy "chick flick"

Post by DotNotInOz Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:58 am

Well, then...we must chat. I adore Shakespeare and have been glomming onto the several books about the Earl of Oxford authorship theory. Some really intriguing stuff, I've found.

Are you interested in the nuts and bolts like that or primarily in the plays and poems?

Btw, welcome to YS!
Dot
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by lovepsychicreadings Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:02 am

Hi! Thanks for welcoming me here, I am primarily interested in his plays and poems but I have yet to know more about that theory you are talking about, If I am not mistaken is that the one relating to the real identity of Shakespeare?

I I love you sonnet 16!

lovepsychicreadings

http://www.authenticpsychicreadings.net/category/love-psychic-re

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum