YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fall TV series anyone?

+8
Davelaw
sacrificialgoddess
TigersEyeDowsing
allthegoodnamesweretaken
gillyflower
tmarie64
DotNotInOz
Daldianus
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fall TV series anyone? Empty Fall TV series anyone?

Post by Daldianus Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:37 am

Given the weather and that it starts getting dark early again,I'm quite hooked to some of the new TV series this fall.

I quite like the new House season (especially the season premiere), as well as FlashForward (interesting idea!) and Stargate:Universe (love the grittiness!). Also waiting for the new and final Lost season ...

What about you? Which do you like?

Daldianus
Daldianus

Back to top Go down

Fall TV series anyone? Empty Re: Fall TV series anyone?

Post by DotNotInOz Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:07 am

Doctor Who??? < the question marks because a new doctor is in the offing, and I'm eager to see what this one will be like even though I'll miss David Tennant in the role...terrific eye candy, that one! >

Otherwise, I'll take a good book over tv any old day unless there's a really good movie on. Just saw the Merchant-Ivory production of E. M. Forster's Howards End. Absolutely brilliant! I have to agree with the critics that Vanessa Redgrave's brief and almost speechless performance as Mrs. Wilcox was simply stunning.
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Daldianus Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:10 am

DotNotInOz wrote:Doctor Who??? < the question marks because a new doctor is in the offing, and I'm eager to see what this one will be like even though I'll miss David Tennant in the role...terrific eye candy, that one! >

Otherwise, I'll take a good book over tv any old day unless there's a really good movie on. Just saw the Merchant-Ivory production of E. M. Forster's Howards End. Absolutely brilliant! I have to agree with the critics that Vanessa Redgrave's brief and almost speechless performance as Mrs. Wilcox was simply stunning.

Oh, I LOVE books too, don't get me wrong Smile

But I just love watching some telly in the autumn/winter too Wink

Daldianus
Daldianus

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:19 am

Doctor Who... We love that one.
Law & Order, CSI and CSI Miami, Numbers, and Criminal Minds.

I tend to watch shows in their rerun seasons. That's probly how I'll watch Flashforward.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:25 am

I've watched Castle a couple of times now and like it. Of course, Nathan Fillion is easy to watch.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:54 am

Stana Katic isn't exactly hard on the eyes either.

Waiting for the new season of Dexter to come out on DVD. I like NCIS, Criminal minds, and CSI. Can't wait for Lost either.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:01 pm

Celsus wrote:
Oh, I LOVE books too, don't get me wrong Smile

But I just love watching some telly in the autumn/winter too Wink

Just for the record, I wasn't by any means implying that reading makes one oh-so-very-superior to tv watchers, merely stated what I prefer.

That said, you'd never guess it by the way I'm currently glued to the American League playoff games along with hubby. Gotta get "our" Yankees to the Series this year.

Oh, and my previous confession elsewhere to being a judge and true crime show addict. Few things more mood-enhancing than feeling smug and superior to the people being hauled off to jail on Cops.
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:32 pm

Oh, dot! I know what you mean about Cops. I also like Operation Repo.
Charlie makes sure to be parked in front of the tv when it's on.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:56 pm

I haven't had a TV in about 5 years or so, but my last roommate had one and once every week or two we'd watch Cops, CSI (I only like the original), Forensic Files and Criminal Minds. Kazumi got me on Bones, so I watched quite a few of those on the computer. I think Bones is my favorite.

In law enforcement classes the DA shows us Cops episodes on DVD, so we can point out where the cops err and what they should have done legally.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:58 pm

I'll tell you how long it's been since I've religiously watched TV. My favorite shows, which I have on DVD, are Hart to Hart, Golden Girls, and Quantum Leap.

Did I date myself? Fall TV series anyone? Icon_eek

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:32 pm

I'd probably enjoy Bones if I hadn't read most of the books it's based on. FAR better than the tv series, which is typical. Do get into Kathy Reich's books if you haven't ever.

The tv series that really infuriates me is True Blood, which is a complete travesty. The books are SOOO much more authentic and believable. I watched about half of one episode and wanted to puke at the way they portrayed Sookie as a whiny blonde with maybe half a brain.
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:41 pm

Yeah, it is typical. I think I'd enjoy the books if I had time to read. Tonight Im going to have to force myself into the psych textbook whether my headache goes away or not.

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:47 pm

I liked the books so much, I paid to have HBO so I could see True Blood. It was very disappointing but I forced myself to watch a few more. It isn't something I would be sorry if I missed it but I still watch. I think for the male nudity.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:48 pm

We gotta get you a battery-operated boyfriend Gilly. Wink

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:59 pm

Well, yes those are fun, too, but I had a loooooooong break from HBO and Showtime so it came as a big shock that they had nudity and sex scenes on them now. I'm still surprised and really pleased that they show men too because in the past, that didn't happen.

gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:03 pm

Dollhouse is good this season, and scifi has brought back Sanctuary.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:04 pm

Yeah- The old people in the hotels about die when they run across "Real Sex" etc while channel surfing.

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:29 pm

only TV I watch on a regular basis is the Mentalist

i did see the that ABC is bringing back "V"
Davelaw
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:54 pm

Yes, that should be interesting - but they seem to have decided to air a few episodes then take a break, then put a few more on. I know V did better as a mini-series, but I can't help but think they will have a hard time building a loyal following this way.

gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:55 pm

Davelaw wrote:only TV I watch on a regular basis is the Mentalist

Oh, yes. I saw that. One thing about V, either it will be really good, or it will suck. With V, there is no middle ground.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Daldianus Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:17 am

Davelaw wrote:only TV I watch on a regular basis is the Mentalist

I'm curious for 'v' too!

Daldianus
Daldianus

Back to top Go down

Post by tmarie64 Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:47 am

Fancast has most of the new shows.

and

Hulu is pretty good too.

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:39 pm

PBS comedies on Saturday nights!
PBS Nature, & Masterpiece Theater Sunday nights
House & Castle on Monday nights
Origianl NCIS Tuesday nights
Nothing on Wednesdays/Play here or read!
PBS Sherlock Holmes & Mentalist on Thursday
Ghost Whisperer/Medium on Fridays
Thats all folks!
Wink
Willowcreek70633
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:30 pm

I like Mad Men aLOT (though I get it off Netflix and am 2 series behind everyone else)
Sakhaiva
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:15 pm

and the IT Crowd (also via Netflix)
Sakhaiva
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next