YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dumbassed Christian statement of the day. Concerning attraction to women...

+9
Davelaw
Sakhaiva
Willowcreek70633
Chokmah
sacrificialgoddess
MaineCaptain
DotNotInOz
TigersEyeDowsing
DeavonReye
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dumbassed Christian statement of the day. Concerning attraction to women... Empty Dumbassed Christian statement of the day. Concerning attraction to women...

Post by DeavonReye Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:33 pm

A very concervative christian woman, today, told me about the stupidest thing I've ever heard, when it comes to dating. The topic was about a specific woman that I was not attracted to, . . . and she told me that I just needed "the mind of Christ because you think differently then", . . . and that I need to study the word of God because it transforms your life!!!! Dumbassed Christian statement of the day. Concerning attraction to women... 631232

WTF?!Dumbassed Christian statement of the day. Concerning attraction to women... 22302

So, . . . if I "get the mind of Christ", then the fact that I don't find someone at all attractive will no longer matter and I'll suddenly become attracted to them?? Dumbassed Christian statement of the day. Concerning attraction to women... Icon_rolleyes
DeavonReye
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Dumbassed Christian statement of the day. Concerning attraction to women... Empty Re: Dumbassed Christian statement of the day. Concerning attraction to women...

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:43 pm

Well yeah, because you'll see through her overweightness, lack of overbearing personality, bad style and lack of genetic attractive-predisposition and pop the question, seeing she's a Child of God who needs love too.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dumbassed Christian statement of the day. Concerning attraction to women... Empty Re: Dumbassed Christian statement of the day. Concerning attraction to women...

Post by DotNotInOz Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:00 pm

"lack of overbearing personality"

Ooopsie! Your Freudian slip is showing, TED.

Like those domineering types, do ya? < sassy wink & grin >
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:02 pm

How about just lack of personality? I've met those. I am clueless to this type of thinking and truly believe it is a cop out. It is what some say, when they do not have an answer and don't want to admit it, IMO

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:04 pm

This is actually even MORE idiotic than those who keep telling me that "if I get the mind of Christ, I will understand the reasons for what I find immoral and will see, through HIS love and justice, why these things were done." That is something I've heard before, . . . but this "you'll also be attracted to those you're currently not" is completely ridiculous, . . . and insulting!

Actually, I'm a little into dominent women. Just a little. Dumbassed Christian statement of the day. Concerning attraction to women... Icon_wink
DeavonReye
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:05 pm

DotNotInOz wrote:"lack of overbearing personality"

Ooopsie! Your Freudian slip is showing, TED.

Like those domineering types, do ya? < sassy wink & grin >

LOL! It truly, truly is so. I'm embarrassed enough to go back and edit it but it's funny so I'll leave it.

You know those Freudian slips, where you say one thing and mean a mother.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:06 pm

I'd say it's safe to get the mind of Christ.

Nobody's using it these days. Wink

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:11 pm

Dumbassed Christian statement of the day. Concerning attraction to women... 798723 to pieces of the last three post, good heavens

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:21 pm

Yanno, come to think of it, I remember nuns telling us that that's how we ought to choose whom to marry.

It was something like we were supposed to pray to be "one with Christ" which would enable us to know whom "God had chosen" for us to marry.

Of course, God would only choose a Catholic for us, according to them. If we latched onto a non-Catholic, we needed to pray a whole lot more was their story.
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:25 pm

Dumbassed Christian statement of the day. Concerning attraction to women... 798723 Love those nuns!

As Rue McClanahan said...the name says it all... NONE!

Now to be fair, I believe in the Christmind etc., I just find it humorous that people use that to mean "MY MIND!" Such as with the Catholic-only marriage, the "you'll learn to love her" @ Deavon, etc. "My way is the Christ-mind way!"

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:25 pm

Maybe the answer should be, "you tell me when you achieve that".

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:04 pm

Yeah, . . . it seems like those who suggest such things believe that they've already arrived. It nearly caused me to spill the beans with them (they don't know of my "fall away from grace" yet). Dumbassed Christian statement of the day. Concerning attraction to women... Icon_rolleyes

If I end up never finding a girlfriend, . . . it will be because I can't accept what I can PERSONALLY get. You know, "the law of supply and demand" can be a bitch. Dumbassed Christian statement of the day. Concerning attraction to women... Icon_redface

Just as an FYI, . . . I don't expect to find someone with "model looks". Just enough attraction to where I would have the desire to want to kiss them. I don't think that's too much to ask! And if Christians are all about "God not going against someone's 'free will'", then how would my lunch mate's suggestion help? Sometimes I wonder if SOME Christians know what it means to promote a contradiction?
DeavonReye
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:12 pm

DeavonReye wrote:Yeah, . . . it seems like those who suggest such things believe that they've already arrived. It nearly caused me to spill the beans with them (they don't know of my "fall away from grace" yet). Dumbassed Christian statement of the day. Concerning attraction to women... Icon_rolleyes

If I end up never finding a girlfriend, . . . it will be because I can't accept what I can PERSONALLY get. You know, "the law of supply and demand" can be a bitch. Dumbassed Christian statement of the day. Concerning attraction to women... Icon_redface

Just as an FYI, . . . I don't expect to find someone with "model looks". Just enough attraction to where I would have the desire to want to kiss them. I don't think that's too much to ask! And if Christians are all about "God not going against someone's 'free will'", then how would my lunch mate's suggestion help? Sometimes I wonder if SOME Christians know what it means to promote a contradiction?

If you want, one of these days I'll show up at your front door, go to church with you, and then try to climb down your throat before the service, during the sermon, and as we walk out of church. That should get people talking about you.

Then again, I am not sure how my husband would take it. Explaining to him I was doing you a favor probably wouldn't go over very well. Dumbassed Christian statement of the day. Concerning attraction to women... Icon_wink

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:20 pm

DeavonReye wrote:Sometimes I wonder if SOME Christians know what it means to promote a contradiction?

Yep, I remember those moments.

It always amazed me how "free will" was such a big thing, and yet, I was supposed to believe that God had already picked my future husband, and I ought to pray that I'd recognize the "right one" when I met him, because presumably God would shove him in my direction so we'd meet.

I'd learned by then not to ask any questions unless I felt like asking one I already knew the answer to, being in a mood to suck up...just sit there and sleep with my eyes open, because no one wanted to hear questions that suggested this didn't all make perfect sense.

My mom did a pretty good job of answering my questions reasonably despite her being a convert and something of a fanatic about Catholicism. She'd actually say, "I don't know," when that was the case, although she would lapse into the standard "Just have faith" as an answer at times which I hated when something was clearly contradictory or nonsensical.
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Chokmah Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:41 pm

My questions is, "What exactly is THE mind of Christ?"

I mean, after reading the Bible with all kinds of denominations and Xians, I would be more confused then ever about what Christ was supposedly thinking. Some have Christ as a loving god, others have him as a racist, others have him as a warrior out for revenge, some have him as a sacrifice for our sins, others say he 'paid the price', Christ is a loving shepherd, Christ is an angry god, Christ is gonna getch ya, Christ is gonna love ya, Christ has already picked the winners and the losers before they are born.. it goes on and on. Xian theology is totally confusing at this point and the myriad denominations make it even more confusing.
Chokmah
Chokmah

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:52 pm

Yup, we all have our ideas and teachings as to what the 'mind of Christ' is, for sure.

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:33 pm

bounce I still like TED's "Nobody's using it these days." remark!

Really though Christ is the way you know! For EVERYTHING. Thats sad, seeing how as an individual Deavon you do have your own mind, your own free will, your own longings & this constant talk of "YOU need to get right w Jesus." Honey, THEY need to get right w themselves! Nothing like stealin your spark. You poor, poor, man cub! Why are you torturing yourself with all these "blasphemers"? When things & times are rockin & rollin...PRAISE JESUS." When things & times fall apart..."It wasn't of God." Give me a break people. Aren't we responsible for ourselves? Everyone repeat after me. "YES".
Eat alone, go for a walk, just don't torture your spirit, hon! ((Deavon))
Willowcreek70633
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:39 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:If you want, one of these days I'll show up at your front door, go to church with you, and then try to climb down your throat before the service, during the sermon, and as we walk out of church. That should get people talking about you.

Then again, I am not sure how my husband would take it. Explaining to him I was doing you a favor probably wouldn't go over very well. Dumbassed Christian statement of the day. Concerning attraction to women... Icon_wink

If you did that, came with me to my church, and were open about your beliefs, . . . . it would definitely get people talking. But yeah, you'd want to run that by your husband first. Dumbassed Christian statement of the day. Concerning attraction to women... Icon_wink
DeavonReye
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:40 pm

Chokmah wrote:My questions is, "What exactly is THE mind of Christ?"

I mean, after reading the Bible with all kinds of denominations and Xians, I would be more confused then ever about what Christ was supposedly thinking. Some have Christ as a loving god, others have him as a racist, others have him as a warrior out for revenge, some have him as a sacrifice for our sins, others say he 'paid the price', Christ is a loving shepherd, Christ is an angry god, Christ is gonna getch ya, Christ is gonna love ya, Christ has already picked the winners and the losers before they are born.. it goes on and on. Xian theology is totally confusing at this point and the myriad denominations make it even more confusing.

And this is the VERY point of why I can no longer believe that the Bible is "all inspired and innerrant". If it actually WERE, . . . there would be only ONE denomination, ONE thought, ONE direction. There obviously isn't. The reasoning is simple. The book is man made and quite vague.
DeavonReye
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by DeavonReye Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:43 pm

Willowcreek70633 wrote:Dumbassed Christian statement of the day. Concerning attraction to women... Icon_bounce I still like TED's "Nobody's using it these days." remark!

Really though Christ is the way you know! For EVERYTHING. Thats sad, seeing how as an individual Deavon you do have your own mind, your own free will, your own longings & this constant talk of "YOU need to get right w Jesus." Honey, THEY need to get right w themselves! Nothing like stealin your spark. You poor, poor, man cub! Why are you torturing yourself with all these "blasphemers"? When things & times are rockin & rollin...PRAISE JESUS." When things & times fall apart..."It wasn't of God." Give me a break people. Aren't we responsible for ourselves? Everyone repeat after me. "YES".
Eat alone, go for a walk, just don't torture your spirit, hon! ((Deavon))

These people are normally fine. I eat lunch with them (they work where I do). Normal table conversation is seldom religious. But on this past one, I almost had to surprise them with my actual thoughts, . . . fortunately, being able to hold my tongue.

Thanks for the kind words and hug, Willowcreek. Dumbassed Christian statement of the day. Concerning attraction to women... Icon_smile
DeavonReye
DeavonReye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:28 pm

DeavonReye, please do be careful opening up to people at work.... I'm not being specific to your topic of attraction; I'm speaking in general. It just seems, from my past experiences, that people who 'pry' at work seldom have healthy motives (instead, some folks like to gather fodder for personal attacks and gossip)

To me, her remarks were less about Xianity (even further less about Christ) and more about plain ol' personal attacks and gossip.

Then again, I'm a Scorpio Wink

I agree with the other posts btw Smile
Sakhaiva
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:02 pm

Sakhaiva wrote:DeavonReye, please do be careful opening up to people at work.... I'm not being specific to your topic of attraction; I'm speaking in general. It just seems, from my past experiences, that people who 'pry' at work seldom have healthy motives (instead, some folks like to gather fodder for personal attacks and gossip)

To me, her remarks were less about Xianity (even further less about Christ) and more about plain ol' personal attacks and gossip.

Then again, I'm a Scorpio Dumbassed Christian statement of the day. Concerning attraction to women... Icon_wink

I agree with the other posts btw Dumbassed Christian statement of the day. Concerning attraction to women... Icon_smile

Dumbassed Christian statement of the day. Concerning attraction to women... 798723 Those scorpios are DEVIOUS!

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:26 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote: Those scorpios are DEVIOUS!

:::: pseudo-innocent look :::::

We ARE? Who'da thought? (Triple here...sun, moon and ascendant)

Got a funny story about Scorps.

Years ago, I was participating in a workshop on New Age spirituality. As a get-acquainted activity the first evening, the organizers had us write answers to some mostly silly questions about our sun signs.

Then, we were to gather with others of our sun sign and compose a brief summation of what our sun sign is like which someone in the group would present to the larger group.

We spent the first minute or two eyeing each other suspiciously...and then, someone remarked, "Look at us! That IS what Scorpios are like!"

We all burst out laughing and put that particular characteristic first on our list.
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Chokmah Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:17 pm

Telling someone to, "Put on the mind of Christ" is a pejorative and says more about the person saying it than anything else. I really wouldn't think about it another minute (..now I may say to the person who said it, "Have you ever tried putting on the mind of Christ?").

Dumbassed Christian statement of the day. Concerning attraction to women... Icon_neutral
Chokmah
Chokmah

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:33 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:
Sakhaiva wrote:DeavonReye, please do be careful opening up to people at work.... I'm not being specific to your topic of attraction; I'm speaking in general. It just seems, from my past experiences, that people who 'pry' at work seldom have healthy motives (instead, some folks like to gather fodder for personal attacks and gossip)

Then again, I'm a Scorpio Dumbassed Christian statement of the day. Concerning attraction to women... Icon_wink

I agree with the other posts btw Dumbassed Christian statement of the day. Concerning attraction to women... Icon_smile

Dumbassed Christian statement of the day. Concerning attraction to women... 798723 Those scorpios are DEVIOUS!

As a Pisces, I actually find I am quite fond of Scorpions in general. Of course my beloved Mother was a Scorpio, and I am sure that started it Very Happy But I get along quite well with those of the Scorpio
We are both water signs after all. Razz

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next