YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Energy Saving Goals

4 posters

Go down

Energy Saving Goals Empty Energy Saving Goals

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:41 pm

Anybody here into saving electricity?

Since I switched from incadescent bulbs I decided my energy goal would be a bill of $30 a month, or $1 a day, for power.

My one big guilty pleasure, besides ya'll and ice cream, is long hot showers, and considering my life kinda sucks and that's my big treat I'm not cutting those out. So far I've been about able to make it! This week, though, I deep cleaned the floors so that was about an extra 4 hours of vacuuming and steam cleaning which will of course throw off my goal.

Today I also got a roommate, who thankfully is also a cheap energy user, but of course the second person bathing and washing clothes and using a computer and light will naturally make the bill go up so I'll have to incorporate that.

Anybody else setting energy goals?

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Energy Saving Goals Empty Re: Energy Saving Goals

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:50 pm

You could tell your roomy that you already know what your part of the bill is, so they are responsible for the rest...

As far as goals, no not really. Winter is where I really shine though. I love the cold. I'd keep the thermostat at 62 even if it wasn't saving energy. Wink

So, what is going on?
allthegoodnamesweretaken
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:01 pm

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:You could tell your roomy that you already know what your part of the bill is, so they are responsible for the rest...

Eh, it's incorporated based on an assumed bill. I charge $375 a month, which includes $300 rent, power, water, and internet. That's assuming they're paying half of a $100/month power bill and $50/month internet, and as it turns out, both are gonna be cheaper than that.

As far as goals, no not really. Winter is where I really shine though. I love the cold. I'd keep the thermostat at 62 even if it wasn't saving energy. Energy Saving Goals Icon_wink

You and my last roommate! Jeezopete.

So, what is going on?

Is that a general question?

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:24 am

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:
Eh, it's incorporated based on an assumed bill. I charge $375 a month, which includes $300 rent, power, water, and internet. That's assuming they're paying half of a $100/month power bill and $50/month internet, and as it turns out, both are gonna be cheaper than that.

Yeah, but they still have to pay half of it right? Twisted Evil

Well, I don't have to have it there, I just like it there. If someone else is in charge of it, then they are in charge of it. Of course, I would reserve the right to run around in my underwear. Twisted Evil

So, what is going on?

Well, you mentioned something about things being crappy, so I want you to know I'm here for ya is all.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:48 am

You want to be warm Tiger, with my wood stove at full blast my house reaches 80 dry degrees in the Winter. You can walk around in shorts.

Funny thing though, having it so warm inside, makes me more tolerant of the cold outside.
I can and did not wear a coat last two winters, only a jacket, and it was down right cold last winter in Maine.

I was fine. Energy Saving Goals Icon_biggrin I have never enjoyed being out doors more then the last few years, incredible

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:18 pm

allthegoodnamesweretaken wrote:
TigersEyeDowsing wrote:

Yeah, but they still have to pay half of it right? Energy Saving Goals Icon_twisted

More than that Energy Saving Goals Icon_wink

Well, I don't have to have it there, I just like it there. If someone else is in charge of it, then they are in charge of it. Of course, I would reserve the right to run around in my underwear. Energy Saving Goals Icon_twisted

Oh I wear less than that. Energy Saving Goals Icon_biggrin

So, what is going on?

Well, you mentioned something about things being crappy, so I want you to know I'm here for ya is all.

all
[/quote]

Oh, thanks. Things are better.

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:19 pm

MaineCaptain wrote:You want to be warm Tiger, with my wood stove at full blast my house reaches 80 dry degrees in the Winter. You can walk around in shorts.

Funny thing though, having it so warm inside, makes me more tolerant of the cold outside.
I can and did not wear a coat last two winters, only a jacket, and it was down right cold last winter in Maine.

I was fine. Energy Saving Goals Icon_biggrin I have never enjoyed being out doors more then the last few years, incredible

Ooo that sounds super!

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:51 am

Well, the power bill is in, the first month of living with the roommate. It came out to $56. So for both of us showering daily, using the lights and computers etc. we came to almost $1 a day each.

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyKweer Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:42 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:My one big guilty pleasure, besides ya'll and ice cream, is long hot showers, and considering my life kinda sucks and that's my big treat I'm not cutting those out.

You can still save there. There are low-flow showerheads, which use less water, which means less water has to be heated, which means a lower power bill. The one I have was called Niagara, I think, from Watercheck.biz. I got the plastic one. It was about $18-20 delivered to the door. Even if you rent, you can take it with you once you move out. I first heard about these on Metaefficient.

HappyKweer

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:57 pm

Thats cool HK!

There's also this. http://nowshower.com/ Mark has invented this product which is very cool.

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down