YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sarah Palin

+5
TigersEyeDowsing
samhain_autumnwood
sacrificialgoddess
itty
gillyflower
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sarah Palin Empty Sarah Palin

Post by gillyflower Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:51 am

I just don't really know what to think about her announcement that she is quitting as governor. What do you think about it?

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sarah Palin Empty Re: Sarah Palin

Post by itty Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:49 am

I think she probably woke up and smelled the coffee. Maybe. Palin put herself in the line of fire with her questionable antics. If the news reports were right, even before her vice presidential fiasco she was pretty aggressive about shutting down people who disagreed with her. I think she had let her governership and then vice presidential run go to her head.
itty
itty

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:05 pm

I think I would have understood more if she had decided not to run again. To quit mid-term is really strange.
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by samhain_autumnwood Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:18 pm

I suspect she's freeing up her time to work the speaking circuit in the lower 48.

Tough to show up at the all the speaking/face time opportunities when one has an actual job to do.

Staying in the public eye is a full time job.
samhain_autumnwood
samhain_autumnwood

http://crazy-jeaux.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:18 pm

I think we've found Obama's first contender for re-election in 2012.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TPaine Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:24 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:I think we've found Obama's first contender for re-election in 2012.

Ya know that's how figured it too, TED, then I found this article in the London Times.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article6638246.ece

Ya think she's blowin' smoke? I'd hafta guess yep, ya betcha.

IMO, Palin does accomplish one thing. She makes Dan Quayle look smart.
TPaine
TPaine

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:46 pm

If I were her, I would write the book, go the talk show/lecture circuit and rake in the cash.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TPaine Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:34 pm

gillyflower wrote:If I were her, I would write the book, go the talk show/lecture circuit and rake in the cash.

I can see the book or the lecture circuit, but unless she limits her talk show visits to Fox Noise, she risks being asked tough gotcha questions like "What newspapers do you read?" and "What SCOTUS decision besides Roe v. Wade do you disagree with?"
TPaine
TPaine

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:05 pm

I think she would limit herself to those venues where she can say whatever she likes and they will love it. Rush Limbaugh and other right wingnuts make very good money and have a loyal following. She would do well to aim to be the Oprah of the right wing and asking the questions instead of answering them.

gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:15 pm

TPaine wrote:
gillyflower wrote:If I were her, I would write the book, go the talk show/lecture circuit and rake in the cash.

I can see the book or the lecture circuit, but unless she limits her talk show visits to Fox Noise, she risks being asked tough gotcha questions like "What newspapers do you read?" and "What SCOTUS decision besides Roe v. Wade do you disagree with?"

All of 'em.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:50 pm

Did you read where she referred to the Department of Law in the White House?

"Palin said there is a difference between the White House and what she has experienced in Alaska. If she were in the White House the "department of law" would protect her from baseless ethical allegations.

"I think on a national level your department of law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out," she said."

Huffington Post - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/07/palin-department-of-law-p_n_226881.html

She just continues to be high entertainment. Smile

gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:28 pm

Department of Law?

*Blank stare*

Shocked

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:36 pm

*Blank stare* with you

it almost sounds like she would like to impose censorship, curtailing free speech

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:44 pm

*Blank stare* too! *sits in the corner completely confused* Shocked

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:45 pm

You don't know about the Department of Law? They're really cool. They're the ones who make people Disappeared who cause trouble.

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:02 pm

Shocked oh my goodness affraid

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:01 am

I'm not sure which is scarier--that she thinks there IS a "Department of Law" in the White House or that she appears not to know that the Department of Justice (what she seems to mean) is entirely separate from the White House.
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by TPaine Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:28 pm

But there is a Department of Law in the White House and Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia. Wink
TPaine
TPaine

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:37 pm

That women (Palin)really worries me. I hope this country does not fall for her and elect her to something important.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:11 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:I think we've found Obama's first contender for re-election in 2012.

She's nowhere near contender status anymore TED. She forfeited that by resigning in the middle of her first term. Mark Sanford, the Governor from South Carolina has a better chance. At least his woes are real, and he isn't quitting and blaming everyone but himself for his problems. Actually, I have more respect for him than Palin. He's got more grit in his craw than she does.

What the hell does she think the press or late night comics are going to do if she were to run for president and by some strange twist of fate get elected? Give her a free pass?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:24 pm

MaineCaptain wrote:*Blank stare* with you

it almost sounds like she would like to impose censorship, curtailing free speech

Time to give the duh look to Gracie. Shocked Maine, there is no such thing as Department of Law... Maybe a Department of Justice, but it ain't in the White House either.

TPaine mentioned something about her making Dan Quayle look smart.... but now on the IQ register she's letting GWB put distance between them. She makes ignorance look like a virtue.

Back to top Go down

Post by TPaine Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:13 pm

Maybe she was thinking of the pseudo Department of Law in the Bush White House that worked to fire US Attorneys that failed to goose step to their orders, and worked to eliminate the Bill of Rights. I'm thinking of John Yoo, Jay Bybee, Alberto Gonzales, William J. Haynes II, Douglas Feith, and David Addington - the so-called Bush Six
TPaine
TPaine

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:22 pm

John A. Cancienne wrote:

Time to give the duh look to Gracie. Shocked Maine, there is no such thing as Department of Law... Maybe a Department of Justice, but it ain't in the White House either.

TPaine mentioned something about her making Dan Quayle look smart.... but now on the IQ register she's letting GWB put distance between them. She makes ignorance look like a virtue.

Yes I do know that, John, but it is the way Palin thinks that concerns me. Oddly I do have a fairly knowledgeable idea of how the government works. Wink

But I worry about what government officials changing laws and circumventing our constitutional rights, as they have been doing. I do know there is no Department of Law.

I really need to word my posts better or people will end of thinking I am an idiot Embarassed

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:11 pm

MaineCaptain wrote:
John A. Cancienne wrote:

Yes I do know that, John, but it is the way Palin thinks that concerns me. Oddly I do have a fairly knowledgeable idea of how the government works. Wink

But I worry about what government officials changing laws and circumventing our constitutional rights, as they have been doing. I do know there is no Department of Law.

I really need to word my posts better or people will end of thinking I am an idiot Embarassed

You aren't an idiot, however your an easy target for people who like to Stir things up a bit. Truce I'll be easier on you in the future.

As far as Palin "changing the law"; politicians only go as far as the electorate allow them. Of course if someone has pretty good PR, and they make a good argument in the beginning, as Bush did with the war in Iraq, they get their way. The reason this happens is because people have no recall for anything over a week or two old, it seems. Part of Bush's platform for his first election was that he wanted to go back to Iraq and finish the job his daddy started. Never mind the fact that all of the bluster and rhetoric coming from Bagdad held no more weight than just that.... bluster and rhetoric. With 9/11, and the anti Islamic sentiment created by good Christian folk, it only made his job easier to fool the nation. You were new on Belief net when 9/11 started, and I'm sure you recall the likes of Con_OO talking about going over to Iraq and kicking Muslim butt. And other Christians followed with even greater vigor. This helped Bush get his way in Iraq, and pass the "un"Patriotic Act, where Americans lost their rights to privacy. As I mentioned to TPaine on another thread we are sort of dominating right now, according to this act, the negative comments we made toward GWB while he was in office was enough to have us placed on a watch list. It was just that real.

Now if only the general public could retain the memory of the shenanigans pulled off during the Bush years, perhaps we'll not be so easily fooled next time. But everyone, including the Democrats in Congress went out of their way to cede their authority, and turn it over to a president who had no more reason to be trusted than any other swindler.

If I had the money, and the face recognition to run against her, you'd see me running against Mary Landrinue in the next senatorial elections here. And hopefully winning it (if I could win it) wouldn't cause me to become as brain dead as our elected representatives seem to get once they land in Washington.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:19 pm

I'd vote for you John Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next