YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graditude

+5
gillyflower
MaineCaptain
TigersEyeDowsing
itty
Teka
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Graditude Empty Graditude

Post by Teka Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:47 pm

When I read Dr. Wayne Dyer's Power of Intention, one thing that stuck with me was that I could change my bad mood into a really happy one by stating I wanted to feel differently and begin expressing my graditude. It is part of spiritual practice now so I will drop in here hopefully on a daily basis and express my gratitude.

Today while driving I noticed a couple of places that had large piles of junk at the curb. This used to make me think of eviction or some other unfortunate event. But those piles are frequently obviously good items often guarded. These piles made me think someone there is now pleased and happy about the things they have let go . I take it as a gentle reminder of my need to do the same in all areas of my life. I am grateful for being reminded and encouraged by the good example of others.

I am also grateful for my occupational therapist Karen who is pushing and prodding me to up my weights. Maybe I am not too far away from being able to put my walker into the car by myself without having to lay down afterwards. LOL

Teka

Back to top Go down

Graditude Empty Re: Graditude

Post by itty Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:01 pm

What a wonderful idea. Thank you, Teka. I will look forward to your thoughts. Maybe I can contribute a couple?
itty
itty

Back to top Go down

Post by Teka Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:09 am

All comers welcome Itty.

Today I was just about to push the buttons to buy online, a humane small animal trap for a racoon who is turning into a vandal.
All at once Tractor Supply popped into my head. I've never been in that store but noticed it had moved along side one of my trails. (Trails= the way I always go to a specific places.) Sure enough they had just what I wanted at less than half the price I was poised to charge on my credit card.

It may seem naive to some but I always credit the Holy Spirit with the really good ideas that come to me like that. We used to say we were 'in the flow' when that happened. You know the book you wanted to read is in the 2nd hand book store, you meet a person in line at the grocery who has the answer to a question you have, you find that you can be really helpful to someone on your path etc.

So today I am grateful to the Spirit who notices my dilemas and nudges me to solutions.

Teka

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:29 am

That's great Teka! I love when that happens. Very Happy About two weeks ago I had a picture of a bowl I wanted formy altar in my head, and I went to my favorite thrift shop and found it - large and brass with an intricate design - as well as a few smaller altar supplies I also wanted. Hooray!

I've been under a lot of financial stress lately and have been working on manifesting a prosperity consciousness again (which I - unfortunately - quit doing once I became financially stable earlier this year). So I'm going to give pre-thanks and say hooray for my newfound financial security and that Divine Mind supplies all my wants and needs.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:41 am

My nutty room mate likes Dr. Wayne Dyer's has been watching his dvds.

So of course I must listen to them too. With the exception of his basic monotheistic bent, I agree with a lot of what he says, And have been practising much of it for decades.

The attitude and energy ideas are Pagan in nature, at least IMO. Smile And they do work. It is all who and what you attract into your life and the power you have to control that.

They are good ideas. Thank you Teka for bringing him up Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teka Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:58 pm

A brass bowl eh? Going to burn something?

For readers who wonder about that. In Unity we have a spiritual practice that involves writing negative things down and burning them.

Or are you going to put water in it and do a little divination?

Today when I went to our Army Hospital pharmacy, I mentioned that I forgot to get a prescription from my endocrinologist for a new glucose meter. People have mentioned mine is ancient because it doesn't display the time and date of each reading. Normally they do not give you so much as a rubber band without a prescription. They did give me one and a supply of lancets that they have never dispensed before. When things like that happen I am very grateful.
With the rules they follow it feels like the fabric of the universe has just thrown a swath over someone and they are compelled to be kind and useful.

I could almost see a flimy veil falling over pharmacist. LOL Now when I stick myself I will have all the latest technology. (Sorta)
Anyone familiar with the Mayans. They think they drew blood from various body parts as part of their spiritual rituals. I wonder if any god would be interested in finger blood. I am apparently honoring him/her about 3 times a day.

Dyer is generally favored by Unity,MC. But then we're easy, we like Tolle also and any number of other modern thinkers in the spiritual field. I guess when we say "Practical Christianity" we could insert 'current' because we always consider the new.

Teka

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:29 pm

I have to admit when I first heard of Dyer via my room mate I was suspect of him, but I have heard several of his DVD's now. And I generally agree with him, which is a pleasant relief.
And I can say I genuinely enjoy listening to the way he phrases his stories.

I also have to admit, that until two or three months ago I had never heard of him. But am glad I have. It at least lets me know there are others who view life in a similar way as myself. I truly believe in energy And the affect how we behave and think has on every aspect of our lives and health, and other people.

But once you have been around awhile you will probably find we too You Teka, and I) Smile have much in common.
Tiger "TigersEyeDowsing" and I with little exception think much a like on these matters. Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:02 am

Burning, divining... Why not do a little of both? Very Happy

Yes, MC and I are two different people (we really are!) but some days you'd think it was the same person under two different screenames. Laughing

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teka Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:52 pm

Today I a grateful to be here. For 2 or 3 days I couldn't make this site work at all. There was a black background and whatever I clicked I just got lines and lines of envelops. Strange.

In addition to getting the new glucose meter I found that the old one quit working the day after I got the new one home. Things like that ought be accompanied by the sound of wings flapping.

Lately things have been so difficult but things happen that make me feel so loved and watched over. Thank you Mother/ Father God.

Sunday night Dyer was on PT on the usual fund raiser. I did not get to watch it but I am very interested in the new book titled "No Excuses" I think. The small part I did see reminded me of something one of my favorite ministers said about suspending judgment when studying new ideas. She said with a bit of practice you can take skeptism and put in on a shelf in the closet like a hat. You will always have quick access to it when needed.

From time to time people come to me to learn to meditate and I can suggest at least 3 different ways to do it. However a few are so skeptical there is nothing I can do for them. They are in distress but not enough to let go of the smallest amount of ego. Bless them they are just not ready or they would see teachers everywhere.

Ah....but most of us have a few excuses. Mine seems to be about lack. Lack which does not really exist except as my own mental construction.

Teka

Back to top Go down

Post by Teka Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:22 pm

Today I am grateful , very grateful to my daughter in law. She and my son have been instrumental in making me a small container garden. They started this while I was still in the hospital. It was a birthday and Mother's Day present . Since I was either in ICU or CCU for both holidays.

She brought me the soil and 3 pepper plants today. It is a little late for planting some things, but this is the South and who knows When winter will actually assert itself here.

I think people were knocking themselves out trying to bring me news that would make me interested in living. LOL Little did they know survival was not my decision. But I am always grateful for their concern and love.

All this love is reflected in 2 tomato plants, half a dozen cucumber plants, 2 parsley plants and now 3 peppers. If someone brings me another container I will plant a couple of cantaloupes.

Thank you Mother/Father God for your many growing things and especially my family.

Teka

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:53 pm

I love pepper plants, My garden is going slow this year though, Good fortune to your garden Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:10 pm

Yes! Today I am thankful for my garden at the hotel we planted. I am also thankful for an admittedly weird work situation that seems to be working out okay. Smile

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:15 pm

My container garden is doing really well. I planted a lot of herbs. I've already frozen one batch of pesto. The cilantro is going straight to seed, but that's okay. The lone tomato plant had two tomatoes but one fell off today. I hope I have a few more, otherwise it will be the world's most expensive tomato!

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:41 pm

It seems to be lack of pep that is causing my garden to be slow, I share it with a neighbour and neither of us is on the ball this year.

We have put in Hyssop Anise, Sage, basil, thyme, chives (which are blooming like mad), Smile tomatoes, garlic and onions, but we have a huge plot (Of garden) cleared with nothing in it. I wanted Peas but I am afraid we are too late to plant them.

But hey the dandelions are happy, and a little blue flower we saved from a dirt pile on the side of the road has started to bloom Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teka Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:04 pm

Are chives perennial? We have trouble getting them established where I live.

Today I am grateful for missing a near fender bender. All we did was startle one another. Thank you Mother/Father God. You can ride with me anytime.

Teka

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:25 pm

They are here (Chives that is) , we put then in two years ago and they have spread, really beautiful, I am sorry you have having difficulty with them. My yard is on the wet side mostly clay, perhaps they like that kind of soil.
Of course I did add compost, but the clay still persists Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teka Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:16 pm

There is some other secret.....we have red clay and compost here too. However we have very little perpetually damp spoil. In the few places I have that in my yard, moss grows if it is shaded. Everything I've tried to grow in those spots struggles then dies. I guessed for lack of sun. But I haven't tried herbs there.

This reminds me that I feel thankful for many things that present as problems at first. Challenges are like puzzles sometimes and keep my mind working. Thank you Mother/Father God for giving me somethings to solve.

Teka

Back to top Go down

Post by Teka Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:15 am

Somewhere here there was a discussion about spilling things on key boards . Of course I thought to myself how glad I was I had formed the habit of using an adjacent table for liquids. Right.....I just drowned my key board anyway, about a half hour ago. LOL

I am thankful I had another key board. How kind you are Mother/Father God to the few, the proud and the klutzy. Now if the cat I dowsed with coke will just forgive me. She is giving me a wide berth. Bless her little feline heart.

Teka

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:07 am

LoL! We are grateful for the graceful moments and the ungraceful moments alike.

Today I am grateful that I got good sleep yesterday and I anticipate more good sleep and a lazy day today. Haven't had one in a very long time and looking forward to not being exhausted for a change.

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teka Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:55 pm

Today I woke not feeling entirely well but got up and put the finishing touches on Father's Day anyway. When I got through I just gave up and laid back down. Glad you are having a day of real rest TED. After a couple hours sleep I felt renewed.

Thank you Mother/Father God for my vitality and energy no matter in what form or when it arrives.

At last I finish cleaning the barbecue grill, disassembled, cleaned ,lubricated and reassembled a large fan. Then I fertilized and watered several potted plants. Nor bad for such an old fogie.

Teka

Back to top Go down

Post by Teka Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:39 pm

Thank you Mother/Father God for the grandchild. Now I ask for the wisdom to be a grandmother.

Teka

Back to top Go down

Post by Teka Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:12 pm

Thank you Mother/Father God for the concerned and caring friends and family who crossed my path today. May all people have this blessing.

Teka

Back to top Go down

Post by Teka Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:45 pm

Today I am thankful for the two people who helped me when I was grocery shopping. One lady went to great lengths to get things that I couldn't reach from the store's electric cart. The other one helped me get the scooter thingie out of narrow spot I got into and couldn't get out of. LOL. I'm not used to driving those things yet but they sure are a blessing. I couldn't shop without one.

It used to annoy me when people asked if I needed help. But there has been a shift in the way I feel about that. It occurred to me that people who ask need to help as much as I need to feel independent. Letting people help me is sort of an exercise in humility so we both benefit.

Teka

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:19 am

Bravo! You are so right. It really truly makes people feel good to think they have genuinely helped someone, especially when it is something easily done and physical like that. And you aren't alone! I sometimes have difficulty in one store reaching grocery items on the top shelf. When I ask a tall person to help, they always get a big grin on their faces and are happy to help me. I think it reminds them that being tall is sometimes a blessing.

I hope you also won't mind being a teaching tool, so to speak, when you are out and about. I know when I was raising my children I taught them to pay attention to the people around us while out shopping and help pick up things they had dropped, get out of their way or help them reach or return something. Practicing being helpful was a much better lesson than just telling them they should be.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:37 am

It just feels good to help other people. I tend to be overly independent, and then I have to remember that it's okay to ask someone else to help... give them an opportunity to do something good, even if it's just a little thing.

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum