YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome/Fáilte/Hailsa/Namaste/Salve

+5
sacrificialgoddess
John T Mainer
Feinics
TigersEyeDowsing
Gorm_Sionnach
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Welcome/Fáilte/Hailsa/Namaste/Salve Empty Welcome/Fáilte/Hailsa/Namaste/Salve

Post by Gorm_Sionnach Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:36 pm

Introduce yourselves, make yourselves at home, etc.

Thanks to TED for making this forum, and here's to hopeing YS.net will be around for a while yet. Very Happy

Last edited by Gorm_Sionnach on Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gorm_Sionnach
Gorm_Sionnach

http://threeshoutsonahilltop.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Welcome/Fáilte/Hailsa/Namaste/Salve Empty Re: Welcome/Fáilte/Hailsa/Namaste/Salve

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:49 pm

Céad míle fáilte! Very Happy
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Welcome/Fáilte/Hailsa/Namaste/Salve Empty Re: Welcome/Fáilte/Hailsa/Namaste/Salve

Post by Feinics Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:40 pm

I'l toast to that Gorm! Slainte! Smile
Feinics
Feinics

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorm_Sionnach Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:04 pm

Fenics!

Haven't seen you around lately
Gorm_Sionnach
Gorm_Sionnach

Back to top Go down

Post by John T Mainer Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:55 pm

Wassail! (Raising horn to the room)

Well, I'm an Asatruar, what are the rest of us?
John T Mainer
John T Mainer

http://community.bc-freehold.org/news.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorm_Sionnach Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:57 pm

Celtic Reconstructionist, of the Fálachus tradition.
Gorm_Sionnach
Gorm_Sionnach

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:58 pm

Gorm_Sionnach wrote:Celtic Reconstructionist, of the Fálachus tradition.

For those of us who are me, what does that mean?
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Feinics Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:58 pm

hey gorm ! good to see ya Very Happy

Ah yea haven't been feeling well lately so had to cut down on the posting cos probably anything I said wouldn't have made much sense even to me!
Feinics
Feinics

Back to top Go down

Post by Feinics Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:00 am

Failte John!

Im not sure what I am. Follow a celtic path but not really sure i fit in with recon... not a helpful answer is it..!
Feinics
Feinics

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorm_Sionnach Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:06 am

Well you know what a CR is right SG, you've seen my explanatory post before no?

Fálachus is a name that members of Gaol Naofa, a CR group which focuses on Gaelic (especially Irish) culture, Fál is one of the ancient names of Ireland in old Irish, it is also the name of one of the four treasures of the Tuatha Dé Dannan, the Stone of Fál, which would cry out when the rightful king would place his foot on it.

The choice of Fálachus was determined in a vote by members to give a name to the tradition, as there are other CR traditions as well.
Gorm_Sionnach
Gorm_Sionnach

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:10 am

Gorm_Sionnach wrote:

Fálachus is a name that members of Gaol Naofa, a CR group which focuses on Gaelic (especially Irish) culture, Fál is one of the ancient names of Ireland in old Irish, it is also the name of one of the four treasures of the Tuatha Dé Dannan, the Stone of Fál, which would cry out when the rightful king would place his foot on it.

The choice of Fálachus was determined in a vote by members to give a name to the tradition, as there are other CR traditions as well.

That is the part I needed! Thanks! Very Happy
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:43 am

I'm very interested in Celtic Reconstructionism! I'd love to be a CR but the gods said no, we still remember you from the last time. Very Happy

PS: I hope you don't mind just the one basic reconstructionist board - I know there are various kinds of reconstructionists but with only one or two people representing each faith the boards would be pretty dead if they were separated.

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorm_Sionnach Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:09 am

Well since there are so few Recons (I believe there are 3 Asatruar(is that the correct plural form btw?) [John T., All and CH] and a CR [me]?) I would imagine the single board should be fine for now...

Coffee Three Shouts on a Hilltop
Gorm_Sionnach
Gorm_Sionnach

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorm_Sionnach Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:12 am

... and once the admin figures out the mod tool and such, I'll correct the spelling of "fáilte" in the title thread... Embarassed

Gorm_Sionnach
Gorm_Sionnach

Back to top Go down

Post by Feinics Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:55 am

typo's happen! We know you've put alot of work into yer Irish and its just a typo Smile

Actually here's a question I'd like to ask you Gorm, where would you think someone like me fits in, label wise (the limiting nature of labels aside Smile ) ?
Don't worry just a question of interest, not asking you to make some great spiritual decision for me tongue
I would call myself a witch and I follow a Celtic path but I'm not a CR but ye follow a much more similar path to myself then say other pagans/witches. I know CR likes to distance itself from paganism to an extent but i find myself stuck rather in the middle.
Feinics
Feinics

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorm_Sionnach Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:18 pm

Its complicated I suppose, you do have CR sensibilities and of course since you live (and were born) in Ireland, you're also closer to the folk traditions, lore and such. Myself for example, neither my parents nor my grand parents were especially "Irish" in their cultural outlook (well I never actually met my fathers parent as they both died before I was born, but from my fathers stories/ views were a lot more anglo-Canadian) so I haven't got that folk continuity that you (and other CR's) have.

Your certainly Celtic (and Irish specifically, obviously) in your outlook and understanding, there is after all the "Celtic Pagan" although Gaelic Polytheist could work as well...

Gorm_Sionnach
Gorm_Sionnach

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:31 pm

Gorm_Sionnach wrote:Its complicated I suppose, you do have CR sensibilities and of course since you live (and were born) in Ireland, you're also closer to the folk traditions, lore and such. Myself for example, neither my parents nor my grand parents were especially "Irish" in their cultural outlook (well I never actually met my fathers parent as they both died before I was born, but from my fathers stories/ views were a lot more anglo-Canadian) so I haven't got that folk continuity that you (and other CR's) have.

Your certainly Celtic (and Irish specifically, obviously) in your outlook and understanding, there is after all the "Celtic Pagan" although Gaelic Polytheist could work as well...

You guys have put a thought in my head. See me on the Pagan Debate board.
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorm_Sionnach Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:34 pm

Oh noes! We're putting horrible thoughts into peoples heads, scandal! Shocked

Gorm_Sionnach
Gorm_Sionnach

Back to top Go down

Post by Feinics Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:53 pm

Gorm_Sionnach wrote:Its complicated I suppose, you do have CR sensibilities and of course since you live (and were born) in Ireland, you're also closer to the folk traditions, lore and such. Myself for example, neither my parents nor my grand parents were especially "Irish" in their cultural outlook (well I never actually met my fathers parent as they both died before I was born, but from my fathers stories/ views were a lot more anglo-Canadian) so I haven't got that folk continuity that you (and other CR's) have.

Thanks gorm!
Complicated doesn't quite cover it sometimes Rolling Eyes
Gaelic polytheist could work yer right, but at the same time isn't completely accurate.
I have to be awkward I guess Smile
Feinics
Feinics

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:48 pm

I am Asatru as well.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Feinics Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:49 am

Has anyone said anything to Dromahair about our new digs?
Feinics
Feinics

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:16 pm

Feinics wrote:Has anyone said anything to Dromahair about our new digs?

I actually sent Drom an email about it just this morning.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Feinics Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:24 pm

oh excellent! yer one step ahead of me I see Smile
Feinics
Feinics

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:34 pm

Feinics wrote:oh excellent! yer one step ahead of me I see Smile

Nah, I just saw that he was wondering where everyone went.

Now that Creedy seems to have run of the pagan fellowship boards, I don't see much point in hanging out there.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by Feinics Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:38 pm

I think he must secretly want to be one of the cool pagan kids, he keeps coming back to our part of the playground ... Rolling Eyes
Feinics
Feinics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum