YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trees

+4
sacrificialgoddess
TigersEyeDowsing
MaineCaptain
maya3
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Trees Empty Trees

Post by maya3 Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:45 pm

This may sound strange,
do you believe that trees are conscious in some way?

There is a specific tree on my sister in law's lawn, it is very powerful and I can feel its life force. I really can. It feels like there is some kind of recognition from the tree that I'm there.

Do you think that this is possible, or do you think that I'm just crazy?

Maya
maya3
maya3

Back to top Go down

Trees Empty Re: Trees

Post by MaineCaptain Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:53 pm

Yes trees are very aware, conscious. My sacred space has a very conscious apple tree, all trees are. They know you are there you can speak to them and they understand you.

If you feel this tree is recognizing your presence, then you may have an affinity for this tree and vis versa. It is a relationship that I would cultivate. It is a special one.

Maya you are special to have noticed this. You may find you can confide in this tree and it can help ground you and pull off harmful energy back to be cleansed by the planet.

The more you culivate this relationship the more you will understand what it is saying back to you.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maya3 Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:40 pm

Maine,
Thank you, I would love to do that.
How should I cultivate it? I'm there pretty often, every month or so, sometimes more, sometimes less. I wish I could go more often, but it's not possible.

Yesterday, when I felt it, I talked to it and patted it a little.

I'm glad that you don't think I'm crazy. Embarassed
It's really remarkable, I really did feel the tree.

Maya
maya3
maya3

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:10 pm

You can use a pendulum to dowse for the name of the tree and ask it questions, and dowsing rods to measure the aura of the tree. Smile

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:23 pm

Do you teach Dowsing classes, TED? There are so many uses for dowsing that you come up with that I have never heard of. Makes me think I don't know anything about dowsing at all. Which I probably don't. Embarassed
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by maya3 Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:41 pm

Ted,
What is dowsing?

Maya
maya3
maya3

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:15 pm

sacrificialgoddess wrote:Do you teach Dowsing classes, TED? There are so many uses for dowsing that you come up with that I have never heard of. Makes me think I don't know anything about dowsing at all. Which I probably don't. Embarassed

Of course I do! Very Happy

Ted,
What is dowsing?

Maya

*faints*

Razz

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:20 pm

Maya: http://tigerseyedowsing.com/dowsing_class_first_lesson.html

That's my definition and understanding of dowsing. It's very useful and a lot of fun. Nobody here had better order my course though because I can answer anything it says right here. Laughing

I would use a pendulum with an alphabet chart to dowse the name of the tree. If you're interested we can do it from here!

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorm_Sionnach Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:50 pm

Conscious... I'm not entirely sure about, however...

CR aside from being Polytheistic, is also animistic. There are numerous tales about specific geographic and biologic features which either harbor spirits or are spirits themselves. An example of a specific tree is that of Bíle, often compared to the Nordic Yggdrasil, as a world tree (you see this in some Celtic tattoo's all the time, though I doubt that many of the people who get Bíle tattoos really understand the significance of it, I digress.)

Bíle were (as far as we know) specific trees which were related to chieftains or sometimes Kings, they would often be inaugurated beneath the branches of the tree, and a branch of the tree would be made into a scepter, and the health of the tree was often felt to reflect the Chief/King and the state of his rule. Aside from that, it was often seen to be the dwelling of Gods or other spirits.

Generally, among some CR's there is the practice of Crann Ogham, a method of familiarizing oneself with certain trees which have linguistic or symbolic significance, but this tends to be spending time, tending to and libating specific individual trees as chosen by the CR.

A little off your original topic... Wink

Coffee Three Shouts on a Hilltop
Gorm_Sionnach
Gorm_Sionnach

http://threeshoutsonahilltop.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:08 pm

Poor Gorm, you have never had a tree talk to you? Yes they are conscious, Trees are independent beings with feelings all their own. Just ask one. Smile

I have had the blessing of communicating with trees since I was very little. They are aware

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:46 pm

Gorm, you would probably like my Tree of Life ponytail holder I wear.

Trees Tree_cuff_SS_165

Trees Maria_cuff2 (not me)

In my interpretation and practice of the Celtic lifestyle it is a symbol of the interconnectivity of all life, and the intertwining of all consciousness. That is, of course, symbolic, whereas we're talking about individual tree consciousness; like Maine, I say, yes indeederoo, it's wonderful.

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:48 pm

BTW, a shameless plug, if anyone here with ponytails is looking for a fantastic ponytail holder check out http://www.nwtreasuretrove.com who made mine; I've got the sterling silver Tree of Life and have been VERY pleased with it. I suspect over time the sprong that connects it to your hair will eventually break, but it's well-made and I hope will last a good while.

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorm_Sionnach Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:20 am

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:Gorm, you would probably like my Tree of Life ponytail holder I wear.

Trees Tree_cuff_SS_165

In my interpretation and practice of the Celtic lifestyle it is a symbol of the interconnectivity of all life, and the intertwining of all consciousness. That is, of course, symbolic, whereas we're talking about individual tree consciousness; like Maine, I say, yes indeederoo, it's wonderful.

Tres Chic, though the more common form is:Trees Tree_c10

None the less...

The interconnectedness of all consciousness isn't really a "Celtic" idea per se, it tends to be more of a shamanic/ New Age concept with a "Celtic" gloss.

Gorm_Sionnach
Gorm_Sionnach

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorm_Sionnach Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:23 am

MaineCaptain wrote:Poor Gorm, you have never had a tree talk to you? Yes they are conscious, Trees are independent beings with feelings all their own. Just ask one. Smile

I have had the blessing of communicating with trees since I was very little. They are aware

How much is the Tree itself, and how much is it a spirit dwelling in a tree, I haven;t come to a conclusion on. I can think of specific instances, and I love being in woods, or around trees. As I said there is an animistic side of CR, but do I interpret it as sentience or consciousness... I haven't decided.

Gorm_Sionnach
Gorm_Sionnach

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:59 am

Gorm_Sionnach wrote:
TigersEyeDowsing wrote:Gorm, you would probably like my Tree of Life ponytail holder I wear.

Trees Tree_cuff_SS_165

None the less...

The interconnectedness of all consciousness isn't really a "Celtic" idea per se, it tends to be more of a shamanic/ New Age concept with a "Celtic" gloss.

Ouch! Before the New Age there was the New Thought... where there interconnectedness of all consciousness is preached. Give us some credit. Razz I did say that was my interpretation.

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorm_Sionnach Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:24 am

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:
Gorm_Sionnach wrote:

Trees Tree_cuff_SS_165

None the less...

Ouch! Before the New Age there was the New Thought... where there interconnectedness of all consciousness is preached. Give us some credit. Razz I did say that was my interpretation.

I'll try to remember to say New Thought Wink

I just tend to be picky when it comes to "Celtic" things Razz (not that I'm the last word or anything...)

Gorm_Sionnach
Gorm_Sionnach

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:22 am

It's all good. Wink I too am picky, hehe. There's nothing wrong with New Age, it came out of New Thought and there's no real belief structure for it. Not that the New Thought movement was the 'founding' of our beliefs... they go back all through Christianity and Judaism, and Buddhism, and I'm willing to bet Paganism and every other faith there is - you can almost always find a metaphysical sect.

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maya3 Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:15 am

Oh no I mad TED faint.
Water anyone?
(When he wakes up, tell him I'll checking out his link)

Gorm,
I was just talking about Yggdrasil before, I love that story.

The way I see it is that trees are aware, but when I say awareness I don't necessarily mean the same way as mammals are.
They are very different, obviously they have a completely different make up than us, so it has to be very different. Still I think there is awareness. I have a feeling it's probably very slow moving.

Maya
maya3
maya3

Back to top Go down

Post by maya3 Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:26 am

Oh now I know what it is.

My parents had a man come to their weekend property with a stick to find where there were water so that they could dig out a well.

It worked. He found it, they called in the digger, I mean a real yellow tractor digger, they had to dig deep, and these things are not cheap to rent, so that man knew what he was doing.

I was still a kid, but I remember the man walking around with that stick in his hands. Then when he found the area the stick suddenly pointed straight down.

I have to ask my mom about this, I have not thought of it in years.

Maya
maya3
maya3

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:39 am

Gorm_Sionnach wrote:
MaineCaptain wrote:Poor Gorm, you have never had a tree talk to you? Yes they are conscious, Trees are independent beings with feelings all their own. Just ask one. Smile

How much is the Tree itself, and how much is it a spirit dwelling in a tree, I haven;t come to a conclusion on. I can think of specific instances, and I love being in woods, or around trees. As I said there is an animistic side of CR, but do I interpret it as sentience or consciousness... I haven't decided.
I am grabbing this bit for comment my friend "How much is the Tree itself, and how much is it a spirit dwelling in a tree,"

I see it this way, how much is us and how much is the spirit dwelling inside us. I could be reading you wrong, and I sincerely apologise if that is the case, and will use my headcold as an excuse, but do you believe the tree is a not really living thing,but is being used as a house for a separate spirit?

Why is it not possible that the tree is alive (albeit in different basic structure) but having just as much of a soul as ourselves. Of course that assumes you believe humans have a soul or spirit.
I don't understand the separation idea. The spirit of the tree is not a separate pixie or being, it is the tree.
Just as what ever energy is me not the fleshly body I inhabit, and will one day discard.

They (trees) are in my unprovable opinion Very Happy , base solely on my own unprovable UPG Smile independent sentient beings. They just happen to be planted and anchored to Mother Earth herself.

And Gorn I hope I did not sound rude to you, for give me if I did, it was unintentional Embarassed

Please continue on, I am interested in your ideas.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:43 am

ANd Tiger I want your hair ties. If I was living near by you, I would be borrowing your cool hair decorations Razz

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wontgetfooledagain Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:58 pm

As for trees having feelings.. and being aware.. I certainly have no belief in that sort of thing.

However, I will say that when I was a kid we had this huge, old maple tree in our backyard. It was like a friend to me. Me and friends use to climb it... use the shade it provided... it was like a "hang-out" place for us during the summer... and I loved it. A few years ago it came down during a thunderstorm. So even though I have no reason to believe that the tree had "feelings' toward me... It really was like I lost an old friend. Sad

Rob

wontgetfooledagain

http://www.myspace.com/robertvincentmusic

Back to top Go down

Post by Gorm_Sionnach Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:38 pm

MaineCaptain wrote:
Gorm_Sionnach wrote:

I am grabbing this bit for comment my friend "How much is the Tree itself, and how much is it a spirit dwelling in a tree,"

I see it this way, how much is us and how much is the spirit dwelling inside us. I could be reading you wrong, and I sincerely apologise if that is the case, and will use my headcold as an excuse, but do you believe the tree is a not really living thing,but is being used as a house for a separate spirit?

Why is it not possible that the tree is alive (albeit in different basic structure) but having just as much of a soul as ourselves. Of course that assumes you believe humans have a soul or spirit.
I don't understand the separation idea. The spirit of the tree is not a separate pixie or being, it is the tree.
Just as what ever energy is me not the fleshly body I inhabit, and will one day discard.

They (trees) are in my unprovable opinion Very Happy , base solely on my own unprovable UPG Smile independent sentient beings. They just happen to be planted and anchored to Mother Earth herself.

And Gorn I hope I did not sound rude to you, for give me if I did, it was unintentional Embarassed

Please continue on, I am interested in your ideas.

I suppose to clarify that trees are indeed living, organic things but I do not believe that trees are sentient, in the same way that people are. There is something there, as I said I am unsure if it is the tree itself or a spirit... My own convoluted understanding is the issue. I do feel that there is often some kind of empathy, or a projection of feeling which can range from soothing to (in the CR vernacular) KILLYOUANDEATYOU!, but this is not only among trees, but rivers, hills, rocks and other geographic features.

I need to research more to come to any sort of conclusion that makes sense to me, let alone in a manner where I could adequetely express it to someone else.

Gorm_Sionnach
Gorm_Sionnach

Back to top Go down

Post by MaineCaptain Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:39 pm

Thank you Gorm. Very Happy

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:26 pm

I completely agree with you, MC! I believe that trees are made up of energy just as we are. If you are sensitive to it, you can feel a tree's energy. I have a couple of favorite trees in my brother's woods that I feel rather drawn to. They make me feel very peaceful. I've never had them talk to me though....how do you go about listening to them, MC?

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum