YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kinder Ostara

Go down

Kinder Ostara Empty Kinder Ostara

Post by John T Mainer Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:37 pm

Hail,
There is a point that makes a heathen parent the proudest, where your heathen kinder moves from simply receiving the magic of Ostara, to creating it for others. My youngest daughter, Alyssa, working with her friend Kelsey put together a strata complex egg hunt and games fest for today. They spent their own money (suitably and quietly augmented by Kelsey's father Tim and I) and their own planning (again suitably and quietly guided by same) to arrange it all.

Care was taken to make sure that all ages and physical abilities and both genders would be equally able to participate and enjoy. I just watched two dozen childen from two to ten enjoy the magic of Ostara. My daughter and her friend were gracious hosts, and made the magic live for all the little children. Some of these children are immigrants, with no tradition of Ostara in their background. She made the myths live for them, and let them become a part of the culture that they have come to join.

Community is built by neighbors reaching out. Understanding is by letting others see your own traditions, and learning for themselves to value and cherish them. Heathenism well prepares children for building community, and nothing builds the reputation of heathenry more than children understanding it was heathens that made them feel welcome and a part, at last, of the community they had come to.

The traditions and magic of our folk are our own, but they serve more than just our own folk. They serve our whole communities and nations, for ours is the strength that forged the culture that Christianity so wishes to claim credit for.

John T Mainer

http://community.bc-freehold.org/news.php

Back to top Go down