YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duty to your own

4 posters

Go down

Duty to your own Empty Duty to your own

Post by John T Mainer Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:50 pm

Are my values that out of touch? In the army we were taught that we were responsible for those under us, absolutely. According to the Occupational Health and Safety regulations, I am responsible for the people under me. I am one of the many first aid attendants at my place of work, and the one people go to first when it is bad. I had to send one of my guys (mountain of a Sikh who was paler than I was) to hospital. When he was not released by quitting time, the secondary attendant who worked the late shift (uber Christian, holier than JC and the whole council of Cardinals combined), just shrugged and declared "he's on his own" and "too bad for him". She actually fought over my declaration that he is one of ours and it is our absolute responsibility to make sure he either gets back to his vehicle if cleared to drive, or has arraingements made to get to his family if he cannot.

Am I that out of touch? In the civilian world does your responsibility to those in your care and under your authority end with the bell? I will be dead long before I would ever sink low enough that I could shrug and walk away from one of my own. Period. Full stop.

Double vodka later and the blood eagle still seems almost a rational response. Her next review will not result in a raise, that I vow before my gods. Loyalty is a virtue, if you have it not, it is best not to be under my command.

John T Mainer

http://community.bc-freehold.org/news.php

Back to top Go down

Duty to your own Empty Re: Duty to your own

Post by sacrificialgoddess Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:24 pm

Your values are the ones I understand. I don't understand this uber Christian you are speaking of. I thought that care for others was supposed to be a Christian value.

It's kind of like all these attacks we see committed by former members of the military. While in the military, they swore to protect those of their country who cannot protect themselves. So how can they commit these attacks without realizing how it goes against all their vows, even if they are no longer in the military?

I told my husband the other day that there are members of the military that I know who I absolutely and totally trust. If there was only one gun in the room and one of these folks had it, I would feel totally secure. Now I count you as one of those folks, John. But the mind boggles when you see others like this guy who attacked the temple in Wisconsin.

Of topic, I know, and I am sorry that I am rambling. I guess I should just say that when given the responsibility to do something, I make sure it gets done, even if it is well past going home time.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by John T Mainer Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:52 pm

Language is funny. You can agree with what someone says, and be revolted by their deeds. You can object to a persons moral stance utterly, and yet find nothing but respect for their deeds.

There are people I understand and trust, people I don't understand, but trust, and the vast majority of folks I either do not know enough to trust, or know too well to trust.

I am less and less concerned with understanding or agreeing with folks. When I find those I can trust, I take that as a treasure and hold them in my thoughts. Give me a handful of people worthy of trust, and we shall see this world a better place. The beautiful thing about trust, is that even if I do not understand what someone is striving to do, as long I trust the person, I can lend my support to their efforts.

John T Mainer

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:28 pm

As Tori Amos said once, the sexiest thing is trust. Smile

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:04 am

John, I can count on one hand without using all the fingers on it the people that I say this about, but if we were in a room or a crowd, I would give you my gun because I would feel safer with you having one that if I had it myself.

I too have sat with people in the ER until everything is sorted out. The duty is done when the duty is done, not when some arbitrary time is hit.

Today I am going to the local retirement home. Where apparently, in a town that has drove out all but one bar, has at least 8 churches and several professionals in the health care community, never once in the 40 years of their existence, has one of them offered to go. There is a poditrist that shows up from a neighboring place every 90 days to cut toenails.

This from a community that wears it's Christianity on it's sleeve.

I do not mind being "out of touch" with those values.
allthegoodnamesweretaken
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by John T Mainer Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:14 pm

Well, if I am out of touch, I am at least in good and worthy company. Thanks to all of you.

John T Mainer

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:19 pm

I have to wonder when it happened. There are good Christians, helpful Christians. Christians willing to actually help their neighbors. But that is not the majority. Most Christians see us as persecuting them when we demand to be treated civilly.
When did this become the norm?

I pray the gods never let that happen with me.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:08 pm

John, John, John, shakes head slowly, with a smile.
My dear, dear warrior brother! Welcome to the thought, that yes...Civility in civilians has wasted away. Doesn't matter if they are Christians or other "religions". Does it really? Look at it, the terror of "self"...the "self loathing, self proclaimed", "self serving", "selfishness". I do understand the uber, term that you use. LOL! Again, from me, it is only a shake of the head. I do so believe in the "Natural Laws."
At the end of shift, the end of the day...yep they all go home to their drama filled, ill kept, hapless, haphazard, disorganized, life choices. They don't know any different & don't want to know any different. So your energy spent on thinking about their kind, is of no use.
There are no answers to the ones, that never question themselves. Like you have just done. They have no need, nor want to self examine, or self determine. They are so caught up in self...they can't see past the nose on their face! LOL.

YOU, dear brother, are NOT out of touch, society is. Trust me, on this one, John. You continue to see, reach back & out to the "old ways", the teachings will keep you strong, keep you straight, keep you IN touch with reality of Mother Earth, & the Natural Laws. Continue to question, & examine your heart, your soul. Please do so, dear friend....within you will find the answers you seek.

Not all people are loyal, respectful, have integrity, & are humanly compassionate toward the ones that they swear to "be one with". People now a days don't see , nor understand the term "Betterment of all." In their world there is NO all.

People today, haven't listened to their "elders" their "wise ones", instead they mock & heckle, make sport of the ones that have traveled through life and have LEARNED their own mistakes, short comings, & have been willing to change themselves within.
You dear friend, dear brother in arms, take up your weapons, raise your sword & continue to cut your own path, be proud, & know that you walk the path of your true self. You are not alone in this world.

Gosh, I hope this made some type of sense.

Willowcreek70633
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum