YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Beast 666's Thelema--founder and practice

3 posters

Go down

The Beast 666's Thelema--founder and practice Empty The Beast 666's Thelema--founder and practice

Post by DotNotInOz Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:24 am

First, I suggest that anyone curious about what Thelema involves as well as desiring to ask questions about how I work within its context read through the "Thelemic Bible," The Book of the Law. Won't take long. It's not an involved nor lengthy book and reads more like a chant than a treatise on the principles of Thelema. Channeled stuff, which may explain the odd style.

If you can't stomach any or some of what's said there, we truly have no basis for further discussion. I may choose not to explain why certain statements in BOTL appear to the uninitiated as horrific and disgusting. You may ask, but I ask you to respect my saying that I won't explain if that is the case.

The Book of the Law

This site, btw, is among the officially sanctioned ones and thus authoritative. Perusing it may be helpful and perhaps will satisfy your curiosity far better and more effectively than my feeble explanations could.
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

The Beast 666's Thelema--founder and practice Empty Re: The Beast 666's Thelema--founder and practice

Post by tmarie64 Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:07 am

Well, If you don't want to discuss with those who DON'T agree... Why the HELL would you bring it up???
That's just... well, stupid, close minded, and HYPOCRITICAL. YOU think you have the right to criticize, critique, whine and bitch about OTHER beliefs but YOURS is beyond question?

Oh WAIT.... I forgot who I was talking to....

tmarie64
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Beast 666's Thelema--founder and practice Empty Re: The Beast 666's Thelema--founder and practice

Post by DotNotInOz Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:43 am

tmarie64 wrote:Well, If you don't want to discuss with those who DON'T agree... Why the HELL would you bring it up???
That's just... well, stupid, close minded, and HYPOCRITICAL. YOU think you have the right to criticize, critique, whine and bitch about OTHER beliefs but YOURS is beyond question?

Oh WAIT.... I forgot who I was talking to....

I'm breaking my typical not speaking policy where you're concerned, Tina, to tell you that this posting is totally and completely out of line as well as openly insulting.

I posted this due to Sakhaiva's expressed interest in learning more about Thelema.

I can't for the life of me comprehend why you think you have any right whatsoever to speak to me as you did here. You know NOTHING about my reasons for choosing to limit what I may say in answering people's questions.

Mind your own business and stay OUT of mine.

Back to not speaking unless you say something this offensive and outrageous again.
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:34 am

A brief clarification about why I may choose not to answer certain questions about Thelemic ritual and practices.

It is for people's protection. Thelema is a powerful occult practice which bases rituals and some study upon concepts that are occasionally concealed by imagery intended to discourage those psychologically or spiritually unsuited to Thelemic philosophy and practice. Such imagery often is regarded as offensive or disgusting by the curious because they do not know its context, nor do they understand that such imagery is often a "blind," i.e. a safeguard intended to ward off people unlikely to benefit from Thelema or who could be psychologically harmed by getting into it.

If you think that sounds elitist and arrogant, sure is. But for good reason, which is why I said I may choose not to explain certain Thelemic rituals and ideas.

I will uphold my vow to be as open as I deem I responsibly can and thus will answer as best I'm able when appropriate.

I intend this thread primarily as a learn-about thread and placed it here because Crowley and Thelema are so very controversial. I may engage in debate about the merits of either or both or may not. Again, I ask you to respect that I have my reasons for not explaining as fully as you may wish at times as well as for refusing to debate certain things.
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:54 pm

Cool DOT - I'll read before I post again!

Thanks for your time and energy!
Sakhaiva
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:01 am

One thing important to know about Crowley is that when he spoke of killing and bloodletting, he usually meant sexual acts and sexual fluids. Orgasm, the "little death" as the French refer to it--that sort of thing to conceal what you actually mean in Crowley's case.

He privately published his writings, and at that time, any mention of sexuality would have led to his being prosecuted for obscenity and quite likely convicted. Hence, a good many people condemn him because they're unaware of how cautious he had to be in order to have his writings remain available and carefully skirting the dictates of the obscenity laws.
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakhaiva Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:40 pm

Thanks DOT.

I read the text ... on my less-than-smart cel phone; not easy.... and am only just now able to get to a computer and respond.

The first thing I was going to ask is why they posted the warnings about reading & speaking about the law at the end! Man, I read it all only to find that I cursed myself. silent

Ok, I had other questions for you - none of which were going to be a debate btw - but I will let them rest until we meet again.

(((((((DOT)))))))
Sakhaiva
Sakhaiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:26 pm

DOT. Excuse me because I'm about to make a bad joke. Everyone knows tha 666 is supposed to be the number of the beast who's supposed to be the epitome of evil.

Well my number is 333. Which makes only half evil.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down