YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Storm story

2 posters

Go down

Storm story Empty Storm story

Post by DotNotInOz Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:38 am

Wowers! REALLY bad thunderstorm here last night just as hubby and I were going nite-nite.

We likely had at least 60mph winds according to a tv warning and lost a tree behind our building that broke off halfway and landed right where I often park my car when bringing in a lot of stuff. I almost parked there yesterday but needed to check the mail so put the car in our carport instead.

Am I ever glad I did! The tree was only about 12 years old (age of the complex where we live) but the bulk of it would have come down across the hood. Not a good thing...

Worse still, it was a pretty maple that would have given us some nice shade in a few more years.
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Storm story Empty Re: Storm story

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:55 am

Eek! While I think storms are really cool and fantastic, I'm scared of lightning. Hope you didn't have too much of that!

That's too bad about your tree. When I was younger we had a similar storm and a huge old poplar came down on the singlewide, right over my bed, knocked the trailer loose by a few feet and jolted the bed so I fell out in the floor.

Those trees mean some serious bidness!

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:36 am

We had horrid lightning. In fact, I wondered last night if lightning had hit the tree. Didn't appear to have when I got a close look this morning. I think the awful wind hit a weak point in the trunk, simply splintered it.

There were about four trees uprooted around the complex when I went out with trash hoping to get a good walk before this morning's line of storms hit. Didn't get it. Started raining again as I got near our building. I know when the storm gods are suggesting a cup of hot chocolate and a good book. ;-)
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down