YourSpirituality.net Spiritual Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I only wanted an order of ten

+7
allthegoodnamesweretaken
TigersEyeDowsing
gillyflower
sacrificialgoddess
DotNotInOz
TPaine
Davelaw
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I only wanted an order of ten Empty I only wanted an order of ten

Post by Davelaw Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:39 pm

Wings N More for Lunch
It happens to be Two for Tuesday
I order a ten-peice and am asked what do I want on my second order.
I reply - I don't want a second order-please just charge me for ten wings. I get home and they have given me 20 wings. Now, I have left overs I didn't want
Davelaw
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

I only wanted an order of ten Empty Re: I only wanted an order of ten

Post by TPaine Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:02 pm

Davelaw wrote:Wings N More for Lunch
I reply - I don't want a second order-please just charge me for ten wings. I get home and they have given me 20 wings. Now, I have left overs I didn't want
I wish someone would double my order instead of leaving something out. Given my propensity for wanting a midnight snack I'd stick those extra 10 wings in the 'fridge, and have a ready to eat snack when I need it. A few seconds in the microwave, and voilĂ .
TPaine
TPaine

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:19 pm

TPaine wrote:
Davelaw wrote:Wings N More for Lunch
I wish someone would double my order instead of leaving something out. Given my propensity for wanting a midnight snack I'd stick those extra 10 wings in the 'fridge, and have a ready to eat snack when I need it. A few seconds in the microwave, and voilĂ .

yes, but you obviously have self control. I have three of those wings left-they will be gone in the next half hour and dinner is only four hours away.
Davelaw
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:06 pm

Reminds me of the nice steakhouse where we ate a couple of weeks ago. They have really good food, but the smallest steak on the menu is a half pound. I generally order a 6 oz. filet but would do better (and so would my poundage) with a 4 oz., truth be told. They no longer have the 6 oz., we were told, because their distributor only has 8 oz. or larger anymore.

The special that night was a TWENTY ounce steak!

I told hubby it better be a very good one indeed, because it'd be the last one he eats if he ordered it. He's a big guy with a hearty appetite, but even he said that's ridiculously large and no way was he going for that one.

No wonder so many people in this country are overweight! A 20-oz. steak is preposterously too much for almost anyone.
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:31 pm

They say that if you have meat with a meal it shouldn't be any larger that a deck of cards.

Now how often can you find a piece of meat that small?

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

http://kltompkins.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:34 pm

I always cut any meat I get at a restaurant in two and take half home. Sometimes I eat the leftovers for two meals at home. When I have to eat fast food (that is really rare) I order the kid's meal.

I had a problem recently though - I was eating too healthily. I'd cut almost all meat out of my diet. They tell people who have high blood pressure to cut out red meat and dairy and it should lower it - I didn't think about that. The problem is that I have naturally low blood pressure and when I cut out meat and most dairy, my blood pressure dropped. Not good! I've added back in some meat and dairy and it is fine now.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:51 pm

I get the kid's meals, too. I mean, it is the perfect amount of food and bonus! free toy!

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:12 am

I get the kid's meal at Bojangles- that's my weekly or biweekly treat.

It consists of 2 big chicken strips, a large biscuit, small seasoned fry and tea. Eat that and you're stuffed.

The adult's equivalent comes with FOUR big chicken strips and a larger fry size. Holy cow. Not even when I'm starving.

Gilly: I'm all for eating healthy but I've seen how scrawny you are - about my size. A fatty hamburger and a red velvet cake coated in icing wouldn't do you a bit of harm. Wink

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by allthegoodnamesweretaken Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:46 pm

It could have been worse. They could have only given you five!

Sorry guys, I'm a carnivore. I know that the healthiest way to do things is to only eat such and such portions of meat, or whatever. I like it though. I've been known to down a 5lb roast.

Life is too short.

all
allthegoodnamesweretaken
allthegoodnamesweretaken

Back to top Go down

Post by HailToTheSquirrel Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:00 pm

My favorite show is Man vs Food. Load up the 20 wings and toss in a 5lb roast! Mmmmm-mmmmm. In honor of that show I made a burger last week:

1/2 lb burger
bacon, 4 strips
fried egg
pickles
avacado
slaw
cheddar
meunster
french fries
sour cream
mayo
catsup and mustard

It stood about 7" and was DELICIOUS.

HailToTheSquirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:05 pm

LOL and you thought my eating was bad, SG!

"I am often told that Divine Science is a difficult religion to live, and that other forms of religious belief afford an easier way. Perhaps this is true; for in Divine Science we never hold anyone else responsible for the things that come to us; we hold ourselves responsible for meeting the experiences of the day with power and of living our own lives divinely." – Nona Brooks
TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:35 pm

Good gods and goddesses, Squirrel! Beyond that, I'm speechless for one of the few times in my life.

(Enjoy it while it lasts, guys. heh heh)
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by Willowcreek70633 Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:53 pm

I only wanted an order of ten Icon_sad Guys & Gals???? With ALL this talk of food! I only wanted an order of ten 393532

Since Jan 5th I've ate Army food! Whats that saying? "Same crap, different day"???? I've splugged some since arriving @ Ft. Gordon thanks to a new friend (right here on YS!) I only wanted an order of ten Icon_winkShe must really think I'm a glutton! I only wanted an order of ten 798723

However, what I have been longing for since this past Sunday (Easter) is for me to cook a meal for myself! And preferrably NOT microwavable! That would be a treat! Poor John is home alone (cooking on the stove, in the oven & on the grill, he even cooked a duck on the grill & ate all of it!) I only wanted an order of ten 483684 He's just eating his little heart out! but eating alone! So the next time y'all bite into your home cooked breakfast, lunch & dinners....think of me....then smile smugly & take a bite just for me! I only wanted an order of ten Icon_twisted BTW, I love meat, starch, veggies, fruits, desserts, & all kinds of drinks! Yes even alcohol would be a plus! Wine please. I only wanted an order of ten 74583
Willowcreek70633
Willowcreek70633

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:15 pm

TigersEyeDowsing wrote:LOL and you thought my eating was bad, SG!

You're still in the lead. You eat peeps. I only wanted an order of ten Icon_pale

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beribee Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:39 pm

I eat peeps, too! My kids got some in their Easter baskets....yum!!!

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -- Thomas Jefferson
Beribee
Beribee

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:38 pm

Ew. That's disgusting.

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Davelaw Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:29 am

this year they had chocolate coated peeps
Davelaw
Davelaw

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:45 am

My easter treat has always been Cadbury eggs. Eat 'em til ya vomit.

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:21 pm

My children got Dove Bunnies and Cadbury Eggs this year. The way grown children still think the Easter Bunny totally needs to do this each year. Smile

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. Marcus Aurelius
gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TigersEyeDowsing Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:37 pm

I only wanted an order of ten Rabbit My fav easter cartoon ever.

It's true! We need those eggs..

TigersEyeDowsing
TigersEyeDowsing
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:21 pm

Y'all can have my share of peeps. They're almost as gross as those orangey fat peanut-shaped things.

Gimme Cadbury's caramel eggs any day.

What's REALLY yummy are genuine English jelly babies. Not the ones made somewhere in Virginia that claim to be authentic but are simply yukky.... Gotta have the imported ones.

Fortunately, there's a shop not far from us that carries all kinds of British foods, including jelly babies. International shipping fees are painful! Something like $50 to ship a couple of half pound bags from England last time we checked. They're good but sure as hell aren't THAT good.
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by HailToTheSquirrel Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:51 pm

Does anyone remember the episode of Malcom in the Middle where they had the Peeps eating challenge? Very Funny.

Dot, my grandmother, uncle and great uncle were all British. I have to say I can't imagine paying anyone to send me English food. Smile

HailToTheSquirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by gillyflower Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:26 pm

We have a Brit section in the Army commissary and it has been very interesting to try out Golden Syrup and various English condiments and goods.

gillyflower
gillyflower
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DotNotInOz Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:00 pm

HailToTheSquirrel wrote:
Dot, my grandmother, uncle and great uncle were all British. I have to say I can't imagine paying anyone to send me English food. Smile

Agreed. British cooking is pretty awful.

However, their teas and candies--or "sweets" as they call them--are frequently delicious.

Jelly babies are basically a fruit-flavored sugar overdose.
DotNotInOz
DotNotInOz

Back to top Go down

Post by sacrificialgoddess Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:15 pm

JAFFA CAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edward Albee
sacrificialgoddess
sacrificialgoddess
Admin
Admin